All things Dundee FC

Surely the type of deal indicates that he is one for the future rather than a solution to our current problems. We still need a back up/replacement,  experienced target man. 

I think it’s a brilliant deal. The Finnish club only has a few games left, can’t get relegated or win the league. Now they won’t have to pay him for the rest of their season and through their off season. The guy is match fit, ready to play. Maybe we don’t have the money they want right now, or we don’t want to take the risk. This way we get a really good look at him and then make decision. He’s played for the Finnish national team after all.

Yes we would like a couple more signings but we don’t have an unlimited budget nor do we want anymore mistakes. Yes we’ve lost our first 2 games but to me we look a lot better than we did 12 months ago in virtually every area, bar up front. Hopefully Benji is the man.

Pleased that we have another striker . However , not getting too excited. Only 20 years old and I have no idea what the standard of the Finnish league is like. Another experienced striker and a decent  winger would settle my nerves about this season. 

Pleased that we have another striker . However , not getting too excited. Only 20 years old and I have no idea what the standard of the Finnish league is like. Another experienced striker and a decent  winger would settle my nerves about this season. 

His record in the last season in Finland compares pretty well to Morelos from Rangers who was playing for the best team in the league where Kallman was playing for a mid to lower table team.

Morelos 16 goals in 19 league and cup games.
Kallman 16 goals in 27 league and cup games.

It’s the only real comparison that we’ve got but they were both the same age at the time of their moves to Scotland and it really gives me a bit of hope that the goals could be transferable.

36 minutes ago, mungo said:

Finnish League seems to be a decent standard, seems to be a fair few who end up in Germany and that. 

A proper FM signing from McCann. 

We've all heard before about his man management skills so this is really no surprise. If the team were performing better players might listen a bit more, but if you're losing, it's inevitable that some are going to think he's the issue and if he's losing his racket to the extent he's needing to apologise then that's going to go hand in hand with some of them losing respect for the guy. 

And there's really no argument about the tactics thing, IMO.

Even though I like Neil, I think Julen's spoken really well and with last season's evidence would side with him on this part. It's basically an admission that a bunch of players in the dressing room don't rate/respect him.

Hopefully he learns from last season's mistakes. 

58 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Julien has a point there. Defending your ideals to the death is admirable but if it is to our detriment then something should be done.

It's not a lack of situational awareness either because his movement as a player was great.

I think he is becoming more lax though as there were a few long balls in the Aberdeen match.

I'm optimistic about the next few games especially with the wolf being about. Hopefully see Parish back between the sticks too.

Score today 

Dundee 3 - 0 Ayr

Toughen up Julen FFS. Injuries and daft penalties curtailed his time at Dens, better not to look at the manager to blame. An injury prone centrehalf was never getting a new deal. 

I wonder how Julen would’ve coped with Lennon or Levein. There’s usually a good cop bad cop policy between manager and his assistant. 

Edited by Yenitit

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Toughen up Julen FFS. Injuries and daft penalties curtailed his time at Dens, better not to look at the manager to blame. An injury prone centrehalf was never getting a new deal. 

Also got a point. No one is going to value a haphazard.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Julen didn't want to play out from the back,

McCann gets on at him,

Julen cries,

McCann apologises, 

Julen says he still wont do it because he is too slow,

Julen dropped and cries,

McCann drops Bain,

Julen cries,

McCann goes round for a cuppa but refuses to try Julen's lemon drizzle,

Julen cries,

Julen leaves the club, 

The Daily Record call and....

Julen cries.

FFS man up Julen.

30 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Caulker on the bench and playing ?

Change Hamilton and Moussa for Parish and Kallman I'd say that's our strongest starting line up

Could not agree more.

Would like to see that Johnson boy from Celtic on loan. He is putting in some lung busting runs and great movement for a fringe player.

First team time at this level would be in everyone's interest.