All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, Crawford said:

We really are the anti hearts.

They've won five - we've lost five.

They've got plus nine gd - we've shipped nine.

I wonder if something will happen when they come to Dens. Maybe they will break our hoodoo and get McCann sacked.

Screenshot_2018-09-15-21-55-16.thumb.png.062e7b74d08f57a24f1a04d8cb5a38bc.png

Our only glimmer of hope are St Mirren and Hamilton, Livingston are out of sight already and the rest will pick up enough points

We're fucked!!!

21 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

I see Jack Hamilton was dropped for your game today lads. 

Yeah. We tried to put a brave face on it, he had a decent reputation, let's not lie, but he is genuinely one of the worst keepers I've seen since Derek Soutar and Kelvin Jack graced our net.

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah. We tried to put a brave face on it, he had a decent reputation, let's not lie, but he is genuinely one of the worst keepers I've seen since Derek Soutar and Kelvin Jack graced our net.

I'm hoping we see Parish in for the foreseeable future coz I'd rather have Soapy or big Kelvin in the goal than Hamilton. Tbh I'd rather we gave Geddes the gloves than Hamilton at the moment.

Though Dundee look fucked already if they get shot of McCann sooner rather than later they have a chance.

It does look difficult for them, especially with Livingston starting the season so well and St. Mirren grinding the odd result you'd not expect. 

Take away one terrible error against St. Mirren though and maybe the difference would be negligible, who knows. 

9 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Though Dundee look fucked already if they get shot of McCann sooner rather than later they have a chance.

It does look difficult for them, especially with Livingston starting the season so well and St. Mirren grinding the odd result you'd not expect. 

Take away one terrible error against St. Mirren though and maybe the difference would be negligible, who knows. 

Two key incidents in that game sums up how naive and stubborn McCann is and how his inability to manage the team and recruitment properly has resulted in us being where we are now.

Very few people thought Hamilton was an improvement on Parish and even fewer thought Hamilton was worth paying money for.   McCann insists he knows better.

Very few people think McCann is right to demand the players we have continue to play out from the back as the first choice option.  Kerr would otherwise have played the ball down the line but clearly he was trying to do what McCann insists on so he played it back to Hamilton instead.   McCann insists he knows better.

Few people think Moussa is anywhere near good enough to be classed as a first team striker (the stats alone make this obvious). If the penalty was scored we could easily have left with at least a point.  McCann insists he knows better.  

Two key incidents in that game sums up how naive and stubborn McCann is and how his inability to manage the team and recruitment properly has resulted in us being where we are now.
Very few people thought Hamilton was an improvement on Parish and even fewer thought Hamilton was worth paying money for.   McCann insists he knows better.
Very few people think McCann is right to demand the players we have continue to play out from the back as the first choice option.  Kerr would otherwise have played the ball down the line but clearly he was trying to do what McCann insists on so he played it back to Hamilton instead.   McCann insists he knows better.
Few people think Moussa is anywhere near good enough to be classed as a first team striker (the stats alone make this obvious). If the penalty was scored we could easily have left with at least a point.  McCann insists he knows better.  

You'll know better than me for sure. Think you've confirmed though that if McCann leaves sooner rather than later then all is not lost.

A point at St. Mirren on day one and hypothetically the next 4 games might have been very different, who knows.

Agreed regarding Hamilton. Never rated him at Hearts either and was shocked money changed hands for him.

10 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Spot on.

I do think we have good enough players for this league, but we have to do 3 simple changes first;

1) Play our strongest line up consistently, with only injurys/form dictating changes.

2) Play them in the correct positions.

3) Don't play out from the back. This does not work in Scotland and never has. You just end up inviting the oposition to press high and put an already under-confident team under pressure.

McCann is the only one who cant see this and needs to go.

Its not difficult.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Spot on.

I do think we have good enough players for this league, but we have to do 3 simple changes first;

1) Play our strongest line up consistently, with only injurys/form dictating changes.

2) Play them in the correct positions.

3) Don't play out from the back. This does not work in Scotland and never has. You just end up inviting the oposition to press high and put an already under-confident team under pressure.

McCann is the only one who cant see this and needs to go.

Its not difficult.

It is very difficult if the owners are quite happy to see this derailment over.

They're planning this. Something shadowy is happening. Yanks are results driven. They would sell the ground under their parents feet to survive.

They want us in the championship for one reason or another. There is no way ANYONE under normal circumstances or wanting what's best would have allowed this to continue after the Motherwell game.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure why there's so much negativity tbh, you're only one or two players away from being a top six team.. 

Probably because you can't sign those one or two players outside of the transfer window, m8.