All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Tell me he’s not on the tv AGAIN :shutup

He is. 

It could of course be the case that a condition of him joining us was that he still be allowed to make media appearances on non-matchdays. 

You’re right Boo, that is who I’m thinking about.

Just watching the Tic v RB Leipzig.

The club has only been in existence for 9 years or so having been created, in no way similar to, ‘Livi’ style by Red Bull. They’ve climbed from division 5 in that period and play in the second biggest stadium in the east of Germany. Pretty amazing story.

Would we accept that sort of investment with the stuff that goes with it ? Being renamed Red Bull Dundee, the Red Bull stadium, new crest etc?

I would.

I wonder what our resident Saintie wanks will make of that?

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

You’re right Boo, that is who I’m thinking about.

Just watching the Tic v RB Leipzig.

The club has only been in existence for 9 years or so having been created ‘Livi’ style by Red Bull. Gone from division 5 in that period and play in the second biggest stadium in Germany. Pretty amazing story.

Would we accept that sort of investment with the stuff that goes with it ? Being renamed Red Bull Dundee, the Red Bull stadium, new crest etc?

I would.

FWIW that's not how they went about it with Leipzig.

They didn't take over the old club, they bought it's license and then created a new club around it. Their official records contain no hint of the club they replaced, and make it clear this is a brand new club.

The club they "took over" was forced to start again at the bottom.

Effectively, they'd buy Dundees license, start up Red Bull Dundee in a new stadium, and make it clear they have no affiliation to Dundee. Dundee FC would continue in whatever division they could get a new license in. So if you started supporting them, youd be leaving Dundee behind to support a new club.

I'm shocked to hear there is Dundee fans that would drop their knickers the minute someone with a hint of money turns up at the door.

Shocked.

Just like Sainties when Geoffrey turned up. You were even happy when he wanted to knock one of your stands down. Granted you don’t need it, but still.

16 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

What a pair of absolute strokers.

You've just admitted you'd happily stop supporting your club for a more successful one. Not sure you're fit to be gloating tbh. 

36 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I would.

Absolutely not. Might as well just start supporting Celtic at that point. I'd much rather support a mediocre football club that a company.

Just like Sainties when Geoffrey turned up. You were even happy when he wanted to knock one of your stands down. Granted you don’t need it, but still.
Yes. Callum Melville and Di Stefano are equivalent with local businessman and saints fan Geoff Brown.