All things Dundee FC

I don’t think anyone is saying that we should have won every game since he’s come in. The problem is that although results are the same (losses) the performances are so much worse. At least under McCann we were competitive and at least created a few chances and scored the odd goal. We are fucking horrendous and don’t look even remotely capable of having shot on target let alone a goal.
That's not untypical of new management though. McCann had a very distinctive footballing style and I think moving away from that would always have an initial negative impact.

It might well be that we might have conceded less goals under McCann in that time period but I very much doubt we'd have accumulated less points and if the initial deterioration means that we go on a run in December and January that's worth infinitely more.

We weren't that terrible today, did show improvement in a few areas and maybe could/should have had a couple of big decisions. I think we'll know a lot more in a month or so.

That's not untypical of new management though. McCann had a very distinctive footballing style and I think moving away from that would always have an initial negative impact.

It might well be that we might have conceded less goals under McCann in that time period but I very much doubt we'd have accumulated less points and if the initial deterioration means that we go on a run in December and January that's worth infinitely more.

We weren't that terrible today, did show improvement in a few areas and maybe could/should have had a couple of big decisions. I think we'll know a lot more in a month or so.

I get that, and I made the point when McIntyre was first appointed that it was crazy since he and McCann had two totally different philosophies and the players McCann had brought in could never play the way McIntyre would want them to. It’s not necessarily McIntyre’s fault, in my opinion he was never the man for the job.

I wasn’t there today so can’t comment, but from what ai’ve heard we’ve created very little again against a poor side.

The club is in an absolute mess and the people running it are absolutely to blame for it, their inexperience of Scottish football is glaringly obvious and it's looking a dead cert we're going down.....what then I wonder??

My guess is league 1 games against Partick Thistle and Forfar.

I get that, and I made the point when McIntyre was first appointed that it was crazy since he and McCann had two totally different philosophies and the players McCann had brought in could never play the way McIntyre would want them to. It’s not necessarily McIntyre’s fault, in my opinion he was never the man for the job.

I wasn’t there today so can’t comment, but from what ai’ve heard we’ve created very little again against a poor side.
Yeah, I get that. Just holding onto the fact that he's kind of done it before and things took time to improve there. Think a lot will depend on getting two or three big signings.

Weren't world beaters today but there was certainly an improvement and we did have a few decent opportunities and were generally solid at the back - Motherwells goal being quite a good one. Calvin Miller does need to improve his decision making though, good player but seems to often get the last part wrong. Certainly could have benefited from better referring i think.

Mcintyre is fucking clueless. A goal down and he brings on woods and McGowan and uses up all our subs. Kamara is a liability also. He has no urgency and not the type of player we need for a relegation scrap. He was totally at fault for giving the ball away and doing nothing about it in the lead up to the goal ! I'm away to drink a few bottles of wine [emoji34]

3 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
4 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:
Gretna finished with 13 points, not 23.

ETA - Incredibly Dundee are on track for less than that.

we will get 13 points thanks to hamilton and a few freak results here and there.

Based on your current form you won't.

58 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Gretna finished with 13 points, not 23.

ETA - Incredibly Dundee are on track for less than that.

That's the table from www.spfl.co.uk before the 10pt deduction was applied at end of the season....

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

So, did he come in for his first session and instantly untrain our 'keeper and team on how to handle crosses? Holding him responsible for that game is absolutely batshit. People are being hysterical and have instantly decided they want him to fail

You tell me about the keeper and defence.

Did he tell the keeper to stay on his line and let the defenders deal with the problems?

Did he tell the defenders to mark zonal or pick up specific players and follow there runs?

Did he tell Kallman to play on the right wing?

Did he tell Miller (captain btw) to play wide left?

Did he decide to keep the non effectual Miller on the park?

Did he change the defending corners and set pieces to everyone back and no one left up the park?

Did he decide to play at 4-3-3 against a side that plays 5 in midfield with another sitting off the main striker?

Let’s not mention the style of play he’s introduced.