All things Dundee FC

Got to love Cammy's effort, but I think it's apparent he's a Championship level talent we're 'making do' with to avoid adding RB to the list of problem positions.
Woods signing is utterly pointless. McIntyre apparently doesn't fancy McGowan or Madianga, so are we to believe that he's signed Woods because he's an upgrade on that pair?
cant argue there. cammy cares, cant be denied, but hes slow on the ball, offers nothing attacking or defending and only plays a pass backwards or to the side. i think woods signing is McIntyre trying to get more bodies in his corner after losing out on dodds. he must fell isolated working with a squad someone else put together and not having his own backroom staff in place.
We are desperately missing someone like McGowan right now - for all his faults he at least looks like he gives a f**k.
is he injured just now?

Got to love Cammy's effort, but I think it's apparent he's a Championship level talent we're 'making do' with to avoid adding RB to the list of problem positions.
Woods signing is utterly pointless. McIntyre apparently doesn't fancy McGowan or Madianga, so are we to believe that he's signed Woods because he's an upgrade on that pair?

If that’s true about McGowan then McIntyre can get to f**k right fucking now. It took McCann long enough to realise that we need McGowan in the team and I can’t be arsed going through that again.

11 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I'm happy with Woods.

Not a big name and will get nobody excited but he'll dig in and that's what we need.

:lol:

When he’s in the mood, aye.

Dont expect that to be when the team goes behind in a match though.  Or against a marker who is bigger than him. Or if the match isn’t on TV.

My least favourite County player.   There have been worse players - he’s not the worst player ever by any means - but there have been none who have consistently held the affection of the manager in the same way, despite producing precious little in the vast majority of matches.  It’s the indispensability vs mediocrity that got me.

Look out for his direct free-kicks btw, that’s his speciality. 

Edited by bunglebonce

I reckon Woods is the final piece in the jigsaw of this decent squad i kept reading about on here.
Season starts now lads, top six here we come 

We did have a decent squad. The problem was when McCann kept falling out with all the good players and getting rid of them and replacing them with the shite we’re now left with.

10 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Dont expect that to be when the team goes behind in a match though.  Or against a marker who is bigger than him. Or if the match isn’t on TV.

My least favourite County player.   There have been worse players - he’s not the worst player ever by any means - but there have been none who have consistently held the affection of the manager in the same way, despite producing precious little in the vast majority of matches.  It’s the indispensability vs mediocrity that got me.

I don't think I'll be taking the view of a Highlander talking about football seriously. Thank you very much.

Come on lads, we blocked Billy Dodds being hired by the club but let’s not stop there. It’s time to stand up and take control of the club. Put Nelms in a half nelson and make him grant us permission to pick the starting XI. f**k Dab McIntyre. He can just saunter around the training ground with his hands behind his back and that glaikit look on his pus as he stares at sweetie papers caught in tree branches muttering about physicality whilst we sort this fucking mess out. Once we avoid relegation we can’t stop either. After that it’s time to take down Westminster. To quote Jocky... THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOO!!!

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

If that’s true about McGowan then McIntyre can get to f**k right fucking now. It took McCann long enough to realise that we need McGowan in the team and I can’t be arsed going through that again.

They all learn eventually. Gowser’s been a big loss. Him and Kamara are the main men in our team and I not sure they’ve started many games together this season. 

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

1 nil Dundee tomorrow, Woods the goalscorer then. 

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I agree we've needed a left back,  right back and Striker for years now. 

Cammy's okay to have as a squad player but we'll never move on with him as our number one RB.

Eh! Cammy has been really impressive recently. He consistently won his battles against Celtic, it was obvious that his main instruction was to mark Sinclair. Not his fault that he had no cover from Deacon/ Curran / Kamara. 

21 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Eh! Cammy has been really impressive recently. He consistently won his battles against Celtic, it was obvious that his main instruction was to mark Sinclair. Not his fault that he had no cover from Deacon/ Curran / Kamara. 

He didn't have his worst game against Celtic but he's absolutely average - if not slightly below.

4 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Don't get the mcgowan man love here, I must one of the only dundee fans that thinks he's shite? Constantly does his pourette thing into trouble because he has no left foot and the amount of misplaced passes is unreal

I agree. Shite player.

24 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Can't agree with that I'm afraid. Although he did play OK against Celtic, he always seems to find himself wrong side of his opponent, and whenever he does get the ball its an aimless hoof up the park. Always gives 100% though so can't fault him, I just don't think he's quite cut out for this level.

10 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Don't get the mcgowan man love here, I must one of the only dundee fans that thinks he's shite? Constantly does his pourette thing into trouble because he has no left foot and the amount of misplaced passes is unreal

He organises everyone around him. It's not a coincidence that whenever he's not playing the team looks like they've never met each other before.

Don't want to judge Woods until he's  misplaced at least one pass for us (:whistle), but would still like to see Kamara & Kharl doing the holding/covering in midfield, to let the "creative players" that we allegedly have do their stuff.

Kamara at left back, Kallman holding and Woods wide right it is, then....