All things Dundee FC

Has there even been 5mins of decent football under McIntyre?

I’d supported McCann more than most, and even I agreed it was probably time for him to go. But this is really, really bad. The last 3 games have been an utter disgrace and really don’t fill me with even a slight bit of confidence that McIntyre is any better than McCann.

3 shots on target in 2 games and creating nothing at all really doesn’t bode well.

Has there even been 5mins of decent football under McIntyre?

I’d supported McCann more than most, and even I agreed it was probably time for him to go. But this is really, really bad. The last 3 games have been an utter disgrace and really don’t fill me with even a slight bit of confidence that McIntyre is any better than McCann.

3 shots on target in 2 games and creating nothing at all really doesn’t bode well.
you can also factor in that in McIntyres 3 games so far not one player has performed even close to a 5/10.

celtic didnt get out of 3rd gear yet they cut through us with absolute ease. its that dire viewing i actually miss Hartley!

22 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

you can also factor in that in McIntyres 3 games so far not one player has performed even close to a 5/10.

celtic didnt get out of 3rd gear yet they cut through us with absolute ease. its that dire viewing i actually miss Hartley!

I actually said to my mate tonight, Hartley has more managerial talent in his pinky than McIntyre or McCann have at all and he just got punted for having Falkirk rooted at the bottom in the league below. 

How far are we to sink? 

3 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

We release a statement politely calling Billy Dodds a c**t and hope that Mcintyre walks out on his contract in support of his mate.

Win win.

The only reason I asked if we should stick or twist is because I’m shit scared about the rest of the names on Nelms list :lol: 

Mind you some are prepared to take any level of shite on the park because we were playing the ‘form teams in the league’. :lol: aye ok then. 

I actually said to my mate tonight, Hartley has more managerial talent in his pinky than McIntyre or McCann have at all and he just got punted for having Falkirk rooted at the bottom in the league below. 
How far are we to sink? 
i was shocked we appointed McIntyre so quickly. surely the best pption was to leave boyle in temporary charge and take applications. not nelms though he just hired the first out of work manager going. if nelms was a football man with any knowledge would have thought of the likes of McCall for example given his side dicked us recently.

Hartley was a poor manager who wouldnt have got us near the top 6 without kane and greg but id have him over McIntyre in a heart beat.

0 attempts on goal.

0. Zero.

I find it hard to believe that even a competent pub team wouldn't manage a single attempt over 90 minutes. Fair enough taking the approach that we need to be stuffy and stop losing before we can think about winning, walk before you can run etc, but I see absolutely nothing positive to take from that performance, or indeed, absolutely anything since McIntyre was given the job. Ridiculous appointment, and I agree that Nelms needs to be seriously scrutinised. Not just for his choice of appointees in the manager position, but also for sanctioning them signing a complete and utter load of dross over the past two and a bit seasons. It seems like we've gone from taking calculated risks that sometimes pay off and sometimes don't, i.e. Hendry and Kamara, versus the likes of Deacon and Moussa, to just signing outright garbage that patently isn't up to playing at this level. 

I think throughout the squad, and it has become ridiculously bloated, there are probably 10-12 players who can actually cut it in this tier, however, neither of our past two managers seem to be able to identify them or coalesce them around a coherent approach or tactic. The rest are just pure deadweights who offer absolutely nothing. Why the hell did we sign Miller? It's not as if he's an unknown quantity or didn't have a recent body of work to judge him on. Who was responsible for scouting and assessing the likes of Ralph, Mendy, etc etc? Who sanctioned investing a fee in Hamilton, who appears to be no better than the ten-a-penny jobbing goalkeepers who are inevitably available to sign for free every single off-season?

Somebody needs to be held accountable for this absolute omnishambles. This isn't just a run of bad luck, or the natural ebb and flow of the relative quality of a team you'll see naturally over three or four seasons, it's complete and utter intransigence.

Edited by Boo Khaki

we signed 4 strikers this summer, if you include nabi, plus moussa is still kicking about and we have 5 league goals to show for it. 2 of those goals coming from those 5 players. going by the bbc stats we have managed a total of 6 shots on target in McIntyre's 3 games in charge.

could it be any worse than that?

we signed 4 strikers this summer, if you include nabi, plus moussa is still kicking about and we have 5 league goals to show for it. 2 of those goals coming from those 5 players. going by the bbc stats we have managed a total of 6 shots on target in McIntyre's 3 games in charge.

could it be any worse than that?
5 shots on target?