All things Dundee FC

19 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

christ mendy has t featured since hamilton and that was only 10 minutes

Yet he was scouted for almost a full year according to McCann and had turned us down previously.

The last few games were all going to be loses. I didn't expect them to be as heavy and disappointing as they have been but our next two games we have a realistic chance of getting points.

The amount of goals conceded in the last few is nothing short of sackable but these next two will define our future in this league or the other one with the tangy terribles.

Positives:

(1) Somehow we’re still not adrift.
(2) St Mirren and Hamilton are awful too.
(3) Billy Dodds was told to GTF.

Negatives:

(1) We can’t score or defend.
(2) McIntyre’s results are looking worse than McCann’s.
(3) 10th/11th look very tough to achieve atm.

Overall:

E70C9EB1-B223-4B03-81AD-BAB3BAD79C8D-780-00000075D5F6F510.jpg

Absolutely no sign of any tactical adaptations or attempts to alter tactics at all last night. Kerr and Deacon/Miller were getting skinned alive pretty much any time they had the ball down our right hand side, but nothing seemed to be done, other than Miller & Deacon swapping wings every ten minutes.

I honestly don't think McIntyre has a clue how to organise a team or adapt tactically when things aren't going well.

We are totally fvcked unless Hamiton or St Mirren totally implode.

Between now and early December we play St Mirren and the Accies (5/12) as well as both of them playing each other.  To come out of that run of matches with nothing would have to be seen as the first significant slide towards relegation.   They are the only 2 teams we are remotely close to competing with for 90 minutes in the entire league.  I expect other games in this period to be defeats.  No reason to expect otherwise.

All we can do is hope that we can get something out of Motherwell, win against a somehow nearly as bad St. Mirren side and Accies, and hold tight until January. A clear out is much needed, though since that won't be happening, I at least hope McIntyre has some kind of vision of what kind of team he wants to/can mould come after January. Only then will I expect this team to meet my now ridiculously low expectations.

Don't worry though lads, we're still for sure gonna win the Scottish Cup.

5 hours ago, Soul Arab said:

giphy (16).gif

Wait, you mean to say the unlikely thing that I joked about is unlikely? Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Pretty sure you should be in the thread doon below preparing to throw doon with the Doonhamers.

Doon.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

To come out of that run of matches with nothing would have to be seen as the first significant slide towards relegation.

You've just completed the first round of matches and have 3 points. I'd say you've already made the first significant slide towards relegation.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Wait, you mean to say the unlikely thing that I joked about is unlikely? Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Pretty sure you should be in the thread doon below preparing to throw doon with the Doonhammers.

Doon.

Lord Doon of Dooningtoon. 

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

You've just completed the first round of matches and have 3 points. I'd say you've already made the first significant slide towards relegation.

I get that but St Mirren and the Accies insist on hanging around us. Two wins sticks one of them at the bottom not us.  The implication of yet another losing run to early December including those games makes me wonder how we turn it around. Right now I doubt if we could.

Don’t worry Dees, St Mirren were even worse than you.

I refer you to the 4th of August this year.

Apart from Hamilton (who must have helped themselves to the mysterious white stuff still sitting Derek Lyle’s old locker) we have been well and truly tubbed by everyone.

At the risk of stating the obvious, it looks like it's a 3-way battle to see who takes the most points off each other - plus maybe fluke a few draws in other games - between us St Mirren and Accies. Need to see if we can remain within touching distance by January to see if McIntyre can pull off a couple of season turning, major signing coups. 

We've taken 3 points from 6 against St Mirren and Accies away from home. Just wait until they come to fortress Dens...

At the risk of stating the obvious, it looks like it's a 3-way battle to see who takes the most points off each other - plus maybe fluke a few draws in other games - between us St Mirren and Accies. Need to see if we can remain within touching distance by January to see if McIntyre can pull off a couple of season turning, major signing coups. 
We've taken 3 points from 6 against St Mirren and Accies away from home. Just wait until they come to fortress Dens...
i wont discount motherwell from getting sicked into the relegation battle. that may change if they punt their manager. going with what their fans are posting on here there is a lot of negativity around the club and as we know that can have a huge impact on the team.

i was wondering today about what our season might have been like if we had won at st mirren. if hamilton hadnt thought he was cruyff and he left with at least a point, confidence wouldnt have been so low and we may be in a very different situation now. maybe!