All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

There's not a single data point McIntyre could have come in and pointed to as a strategy to get going and have a bounce. The squad have been a complete disaster all season and have to lower league defeats to his name. It's not at all similar to any previous managerial change we've made and it's a bit delusional to expect an instant bounce.

Are you saying there’s nothing McIntyre can do to solve the problems?

There’s a term in football called ‘managerial bounce’, I’ll point you in the direction of Dundee United Football Club as a prime example. Same players, vastly improved results. So yes I did expect a bounce in his 4 games. Yes I did expect points on the board. Yes I did expect goals for. Yes I did expect a clean sheet along the way. Yes I did expect some shots on target. Delusional to not expect at least some of the above. 

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

So, did he come in for his first session and instantly untrain our 'keeper and team on how to handle crosses? Holding him responsible for that game is absolutely batshit. People are being hysterical and have instantly decided they want him to fail.

There's not a single data point McIntyre could have come in and pointed to as a strategy to get going and have a bounce. The squad have been a complete disaster all season and have to lower league defeats to his name. It's not at all similar to any previous managerial change we've made and it's a bit delusional to expect an instant bounce.

There's not having a bounce and there's having less than a single shot on target average per game.

There's not having a bounce then there's deeming a 38 year old Kenny Miller is a winger.

There's  not having a bounce then there's dropping Parish for Hamilton.

There's not having a bounce and then there is alienating the fans with the Billy Dodds pish.

There's not having a bounce then there's a complete lack of identity on a squad.

There's not having a bounce then there's playing 11 men behind the ball and still looking easier to cut apart than we were before.

There's not having a bounce then there's playing Kusunga at LB.

Finally, there's not having a bounce and there's eating 13 goals in 4 games.

Not meaning to have a go Harry, but I'd be looking at emptying McIntyre already. He very much reminds me of Chisholm in approach and style and that's not just because I think he's a clueless bam.

37 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Are you saying there’s nothing McIntyre can do to solve the problems?

There’s a term in football called ‘managerial bounce’, I’ll point you in the direction of Dundee United Football Club as a prime example. Same players, vastly improved results. So yes I did expect a bounce in his 4 games. Yes I did expect points on the board. Yes I did expect goals for. Yes I did expect a clean sheet along the way. Yes I did expect some shots on target. Delusional to not expect at least some of the above. 

I can't really comment on Dundee, but United have improved massively in four games under Robbie Neilson with no new players. It can be done.

6 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I can't really comment on Dundee, but United have improved massively in four games under Robbie Neilson with no new players. It can be done.

Agree 100%, it can be done utilising the same players if the management team have a bit of tactical nous about them.

Sadly, McIntyre doesn't have that.......

29 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Neilson walked into a strong championship team massively under performing with the biggest budget in the league. Big big difference from the shite we have - relatively speaking.

28 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Difference being that the championship is a vastly different level from the spl and Utd probably have the strongest squad in that league. Our squad is piss poor at best, too many untested gambles of signings that are proving to be not good enough for this league. There's a huge difference in the two jobs, Neilsons is much easier than McIntyre's

when i played we went on a 6 game losing streak and our gaffer stripped everything back. we went 442, the most simple formation, and got back to playing the basics and enhoying training and playing again.

it had a huge effect on the squad. McIntyre says he is doing this but it doesnt show.

professional footballers should be able to adapt to different managers ideas but sometimes you just need to get the fun back into the game.

put the fun back jim!

3 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

when i played we went on a 6 year losing streak and our gaffer stripped everything back. we went 442, the most simple formation, and got back to playing the basics and enhoying training and playing again.

it had a huge effect on the squad. McIntyre says he is doing this but it doesnt show.

professional footballers should be able to adapt to different managers ideas but sometimes you just need to get the fun back into the game.

put the fun back jim!

6 year losing streak? please tell me this was on your PC

I definitely saw an improvement today. We are very poorly equipped personnel wise to shitfest games but I thought we’d all agreed trying to play a passing game wasn’t working? The Livi game was a car crash but it was only 2 days after shagger was appointed. The Hearts game would have been closer if Miller hadn’t fucked the penalty up and Celtic gave the league leaders 5 today. It’s far too early to calling for Shaggers head. That said the only teams I’ve seen we can even think about taking points off are Hamilton and St Mirren.
I remain a Dundee fan though, no matter what.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I definitely saw an improvement today. We are very poorly equipped personnel wise to shitfest games but I thought we’d all agreed trying to play a passing game wasn’t working? The Livi game was a car crash but it was only 2 days after shagger was appointed. The Hearts game would have been closer if Miller hadn’t fucked the penalty up and Celtic gave the league leaders 5 today. It’s far too early to calling for Shaggers head. That said the only teams I’ve seen we can even think about taking points off are Hamilton and St Mirren.

Overall I agree. Those 2 teams right now are the only 2 we can compete with over 90 minutes.  With an atrocious forward line we put a huge amount of pressure on ourselves defensively.  Any decent Premier team knows that and must surely reckon that even 1 goal puts them in a position to control a game and win.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

I do agree with most of what your saying but putting O'Dea back in the squad is a sackable offence on its own.

Seriously though, he was the manager none of us wanted, "uninspiring" was the general term used and I just think that is exactly how its going. 

Im actually resigning myself to relegation because I really don't think he is talented enough to keep us up. We needed a more proven gaffer.

Meh.

I do agree with most of what your saying but putting O'Dea back in the squad is a sackable offence on its own.
Seriously though, he was the manager none of us wanted, "uninspiring" was the general term used and I just think that is exactly how its going. 
Im actually resigning myself to relegation because I really don't think he is talented enough to keep us up. We needed a more proven gaffer.
Meh.

Don’t know if you were there Johnny but O’Dea had a good game today. Anyway what were the options that Shagger had at his disposal? A few of us have said it but we really need more from Kamara. There’s a good player there who needs to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and take more responsibility.