All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It wont be enough but any small kindness is much appreciated.

This signing will go 1 of 2 ways resulting in either disbelief we signed him or absolute heads gone stuff from the dabs if he and inturn Yenited have helped us stay up. 

I’m not impressed in the slightest with this signing but will obviously get behind the guy from  the start and hope he proves me wrong. 

I wouldn’t mind Andrew Davies tbh if he’s fit and in good shape. An aggressive centrehalf that’s good in the air. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

This signing will go 1 of 2 ways resulting in either disbelief we signed him or absolute heads gone stuff from the dabs if he and inturn Yenited have helped us stay up. 

I’m not impressed in the slightest with this signing but will obviously get behind the guy from  the start and hope he proves me wrong. 

I wouldn’t mind Andrew Davies tbh if he’s fit and in good shape. An aggressive centrehalf that’s good in the air. 

Whether or not he helps you stay up is a complete irrelevance (unless he scores against us in a playoff). In the short term we can bring someone else in with the wages, in the long term we are no longer saddled with a player on a ridiculous contract. 

I can ignore Davies injury problems and all, it's more that he's 34 that'd concern me. Suppose we've got to focus on the present rather than the future, but ultimately what can he offer us beyond the next 6 months? We'll need to be pretty tempting as well to uproot him from England. 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Whether or not he helps you stay up is a complete irrelevance (unless he scores against us in a playoff). In the short term we can bring someone else in with the wages, in the long term we are no longer saddled with a player on a ridiculous contract. 

I’m not sure it would be a complete irrelevance, quite the opposite I’d say. 

20 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

If I was McIntyre I would try and get Steven Anderson from saints. No nonsense defender. Nothing flash but defends like his life depends on it. Can't get near our team now. He would be a better option than Andrew Davies

No saints or DABs at dens please.

Oh wait a minute.....

Andrew fucking Davies, 34, only managed 13 games this season due to injury, and is currently injured. This has the hallmarks of disaster. The Anderson shout is miles better. Slipping in to boringcunt mode Curran was united’s 3rd highest earner apparently.

Curran did well for County, really ran his arse off creating spaces for Boyce to exploit.  But he certainly isn't Kenny Miller.  If you are to play two up front and then have a midfield of four with Woods central you will be susceptible for counters.  County under McIntyre would compete in close games and lose 3-0 because of this.  Liam Boyce's goals made up for the this, and I think playing this way allowed us to get more out of Boyce.  But any kudos I did give to McIntyre totally disappeared when he played Boyce in midfield for ten to fifteen games.

If McIntyre's plan to keep Dundee up is to sign players that got him sacked last season, I really feel for Dundee.  You would have been better off keeping McCann.

Curran did well for County, really ran his arse off creating spaces for Boyce to exploit.  But he certainly isn't Kenny Miller.  If you are to play two up front and then have a midfield of four with Woods central you will be susceptible for counters.  County under McIntyre would compete in close games and lose 3-0 because of this.  Liam Boyce's goals made up for the this, and I think playing this way allowed us to get more out of Boyce.  But any kudos I did give to McIntyre totally disappeared when he played Boyce in midfield for ten to fifteen games.

If McIntyre's plan to keep Dundee up is to sign players that got him sacked last season, I really feel for Dundee.  You would have been better off keeping McCann.

Cheers [emoji51]

To be honest somebody running there arse off beside Kenny Miller doesn’t sound like the worst idea in the world.

4 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

That's it confirmed. Glen Kamara has signed a pre-contract with Rangers and will join them in the summer on a four-year deal.

We can’t really complain about Rangers using a pre-contract.  Great chance for them to get a bargain.  Hartley did that with Danny Williams and James Vincent........the pre-contract thing, not the bargain thing obviously!

14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Cheers emoji51.png

To be honest somebody running there arse off beside Kenny Miller doesn’t sound like the worst idea in the world.

It's a signing that'll allow Miller to do what he does best which is get into the right areas. Miller's always had a tendency to come far too deep and cut off any attacking intent for his teams when there's not been much in midfield. This signing, whilst not glamorous, will hopefully ease some pressure on him to do that and allow Curran to do that and Miller to pounce on the mistakes that defences make through Curran's harassment.

I honestly think Curran can prove to be a good signing. Not a world beater by any stretch, but he's the type that'll allow the 'main' striker to flourish IMO.

ok then all we need is liam boyce then!

I got offered and used a spare season ticket for Tannadice today, and it gave me the fear.

Watching Harkins sit as defensive mid for Thistle was a sad sight. Even sadder was the level, everything going everywhere, jags could have been out of sight in the first half but United probably shaded the second.

The thought of going back to watch that sort of shite should give the powers that be serious food for thought, attendances are hardly stellar at the moment and nobody could argue £22 to watch that pish is value for money.

Watching a guy who managed a relegated squad seemingly trying to get the old team back together is not something that fills me with confidence.

I sincerely hope he has an ace to shuffle into this pack.