All things Dundee FC

25 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I was hoping for a terrorist atrocity that day emoji4.png

I imagine you were up to more important things, like counting how many season ticket holders Dundee have, for instance.

I imagine you were up to more important things, like counting how many season ticket holders Dundee have, for instance.

I’ve truthfully never given that a second thought. We’re not needy and parochial like Saints fans such as yourself.

Being absolutely honest I’d have preferred a United victory in that game.

15 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’ve truthfully never given that a second thought. We’re not needy and parochial like Saints fans such as yourself.

Shite, I want united to lose every coin toss never mind every game

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Did you not claim you'd happily see both Dundee sides merge?

Mask is starting to slip, spuddy.

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did you not claim you'd happily see both Dundee sides merge?

Mask is starting to slip, spuddy.

20 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

No

On 08/11/2018 at 20:36, Fifespud said:

You’re right Boo, that is who I’m thinking about.

Just watching the Tic v RB Leipzig.

The club has only been in existence for 9 years or so having been created, in no way similar to, ‘Livi’ style by Red Bull. They’ve climbed from division 5 in that period and play in the second biggest stadium in the east of Germany. Pretty amazing story.

Would we accept that sort of investment with the stuff that goes with it ? Being renamed Red Bull Dundee, the Red Bull stadium, new crest etc?

I would.

I wonder what our resident Saintie wanks will make of that?

Got it wrong, you claimed you'd support a new club in Dundee, ahead of Dundee, if they were successful.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Got it wrong, you claimed you'd support a new club in Dundee, ahead of Dundee, if they were successful.

I doubt Red Bull even know what a Dundee is. No danger of it happening. Buckfast Dundee Thistle however is a real threat.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

1950’s thread for this sort of talk please.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Right

Purchase of Shares TheDarkblues https://t.co/Ppr6FPe9T9

Can someone explain to me in an idiots guide what is going on ?

I know someone asked on twitter but I'm no further forward

@Skyline Drifter Can you shed some light on this please? You were fairly accurate during the admin days!

You’re wrong again. St Johnstone have moved stadium, changed the name of their stadium, changed their crest several times - are the current Sainties a different team?

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

You’re wrong again. St Johnstone have moved stadium, changed the name of their stadium, changed their crest several times - are the current Sainties a different team?

Yeah they’re a different team.  No one in the current squad played when they were at Muirton Park.

Still the same club though.

HTH.

Seems very vague. As far as I’m aware (and I’ve not really looked at it too closely) when the Americans first invested, DFCSS ensured that they had power to veto any major proposed change (e.g a merger). The Americans have identified this as an issue with regards to the development of a new stadium, and as a way to get around this are looking to acquire more shares taking their share from around 67% to over 75%. As far as I’m aware DFCSS hands are pretty tied, as regardless on their wishes, FPS can acquire the required 75% through other means.

I’m going to have to have a proper look at it, but that’s what i’m getting from my initial reading. Happy for someone to tell me I’m way off or expand on my extremely basic summary[emoji23]

The way I'm reading it, is that DFCSS can veto a stadium move and the Americans can't have that happen after the money they have already spent plus they need this to move if we are to progress as a club.

Also, would they need a bank loan? (Shudder!) As DFCSS could also veto that.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Right

Purchase of Shares TheDarkblues https://t.co/Ppr6FPe9T9

Can someone explain to me in an idiots guide what is going on ?

I know someone asked on twitter but I'm no further forward

ASSUMPTIONS - NOT FACT

Part 2

a and b) to sell the club to DBPH. I don't  know why they would want to do that other than to escape paying for Dens before moving and the costs.

This has the downside of if shit hits the fan then DBPH and Keyes directly would be 100%  liable for any legal disputes or debts arising from leaving Dens or the new stadium PLUS all running costs of the club  at once. No hiding place or husk which is what I think points c and d are referring to.

C and d) to load debt or offload debt from one entity to the other. Lend more than 50k for building capital? Part d refers to moving so Im linking that to C and moving costs also point (a) of offloading and dumping debt that may arise from it from one company to another.

D,e,f,g Get to f**k where those points could lead. Very very shady shit in any capacity.

Points to consider at the bottom says

Reduced DFCSS input so less fan input by selling of general shares this leads to option 2 which reads it could constrain building. Aka we won't build unless we have more assurances and potentially more reward. 

Option 3 status quo and a potential exodus.

It could be purely to galvanize their position and literally build on a more firm foundation but I am naturally very sceptical of yanks.

If it don't make $ it don't make sense.

We had Keyes piece to the telegraph a few months ago. "Part of the family". (Take it out back and shoot it line). "I thought I would be making money back on my investment by now". (Cut my losses soon).

I'm a cynic but this sounds like an exit strategy should we be relegated. I'm sorry boys but that's what I'm reading from this.

Part 2 DEFG sounds like if this goes tits up its merger and name change time.

Someone please cut me down and call me a c**t and tell me you are reading something different from me.

47 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I thought the stadium was guaranteed to happen was just a matter of when ? All was left to do was something to do with the council?.

I can't make head or tail out of it.

The council are 100% behind it. Houses, multi million development, council crematorium, buzz about the city, new jobs.

Edit - forgot about the expansion of the ice arena proposed too and the potential for SRU investment too.

They wouldn't have bought the ground if there wasn't a mutual agreement in place.

Edited by Crawford