All things Dundee FC

26 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I really like Curran up front for us. He's not gonna score many goals for us, but he keeps the ball at the right end of the pitch with his hold up play better than any of our other options and he's absolutely terrorising defences with the constant pressure he puts them under.

I agree, but he's not a goalscorer and IMO one of Nelson or Miller should play as well when he's on the pitch. 

Curran looks like a slightly better Moussa, works hard, hassles defenders, not bad link up play, but rarely looks good enough to score. 

A two and a half year deal for him is absolute madness, no other Premiership side would have contemplated it. 

8 minutes ago, srw said:

Curran looks like a slightly better Moussa, works hard, hassles defenders, not bad link up play, but rarely looks good enough to score. 

A two and a half year deal for him is absolute madness, no other Premiership side would have contemplated it. 

If we took over Yenited’s contract he’s probably only on what the rest of the squad average over 18 months. 

If we’re only going to play with 1 striker it has to be a goalscorer that can stretch the game as well. Nelson’s the only 1 that fits the bill. I’m hoping the only reason he didn’t play yesterday is that he’s not long back from a bad injury and wasn’t going to be risked on  that surface unless it was a necessity. If it wasn’t, I don’t get McIntyre’s logic. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just saw the highlights - wee bit harsh to blame Dieng IMO. There's another full passage of play before the ball is in the back of the net.

I agree the goalie made a decent recover , he’s back on his line well before the goal, there was a good few chances to get the ball clear again before it got to that thug 

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

I agree, but he's not a goalscorer and IMO one of Nelson or Miller should play as well when he's on the pitch. 

Abso-feckin-lutely! Utter madness to not have at least one of our two most natural goal scorers on the pitch instead of watching games from the dugout. 

It'd be as mad as a manager stating publicly numerous times starting in early to mid December (the busiest month on the calender) that he was going to basically bin all of his team in January, and then expecting to get great results from those same players. Oh wait JM did that too.

For the record I believe that we do have better players than Scamilton and St Mirren, and that we will finish 10th, but I am thoroughly lukewarm to McIntyre.

Edited by CanadianDee

We have 9 players from our squad at the start of the season who have survived and 6 of those 9 are out of contract in the summer however Paul McGowan has the option to extend for a further year. Those out of contract are McGowan, Kerr, Kusunga, Parish, J. Curran and Darren O’Dea.

28 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

So lads, how’s Martin Woods doing for you...

He's not the worst midfielder we've ever had. Made a strong start. He's just very meh. I prefer Paul McGowan to Woods in midfield and they're too similar to play alongside each other.

Woods would be much better if he accepted what he is, which is a decent ball winning hatchet man, but I bet in his eyes he views himself more as a Beckham type player.

Woods is a below average player, a defensive fouler of other players is all he good at, he started well, but has got worse. Why he gets free kicks and corners though, he is simply terrible at them, I wouldn’t have him starting. 

Edited by srw

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's not the worst midfielder we've ever had. Made a strong start. He's just very meh. I prefer Paul McGowan to Woods in midfield and they're too similar to play alongside each other.

Woods would be much better if he accepted what he is, which is a decent ball winning hatchet man, but I bet in his eyes he views himself more as a Beckham type player.

Yup, but I fear the County connection lads won't be dropped unless injured.

16 minutes ago, yoda said:

"Martin Woods" and "ball winning" shouldn't be in the same sentence, unless that sentence is "Martin Woods is not a ball winning midfielder". 

To be fair, a Ross County ball winning midfielder is massively different to a Dundee ball winning midfielder. We've never really had a no holds bar CM for as long as I remember whereas Ross County seem to have mastered the art of developing them.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, a Ross County ball winning midfielder is massively different to a Dundee ball winning midfielder. We've never really had a no holds bar CM for as long as I remember whereas Ross County seem to have mastered the art of developing them.

Woods isn't a "ball winner", he's a "foul someone once they're past him" 

35 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He absolutely will not be dropped. I can guarantee you that.

18 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

This is my fear as we have better players on the bench watching JM's ex-County guys play. IMHO

I sympathise, but you’ll have to get used to it if JM is around for any length of time. McInytre is fiercely loyal, unless there is an inexplicable fall-out.