All things Dundee FC

17 minutes ago, virginton said:

Kerr Waddell has been an absolute donkey for months so it shouldn’t be surprising that McIntyre doesn’t want him around. I wouldn’t even want us to sign him permanently, he’s worse than useless.

Maybe something to do with your clue-less manager?

31 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Kerr Waddell hasn’t been very good at all for us. Might get better but I wouldn’t want us to sign him next season. 

Quite disappointed to hear that.  Last I heard seemed to be doing fine.  Pity.

38 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I thought Waddell did well any time I saw him play but if McIntyre is going to be here next season it sounds like Kerr has had a lucky escape.  Good luck to the lad.

ETA If McIntyre is here next season I will not be renewing my season ticket.

Edited by Shadow Play

The manager is certainly a dud but he’s not telling them to misread basic high balls or slice it into the team’s own net on a regular basis - that’s all on Waddell, who is just gubbins at football.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

The manager is certainly a dud but he’s not telling them to misread basic high balls or slice it into the team’s own net on a regular basis - that’s all on Waddell, who is just gubbins at football.

Fair enough, anytime I saw him in the top league, he strolled it, banged a few goals in as well.

Has there been a more detestable Dee in recent memory than Woods? I’m trying not to let recency bias cloud my memory: Hateley I hated with a passion but I think I’d rather have him that the charlatan that is Woods.

Useless on the ball, yet fancies himself as a player. Loves the Hollywood shots and passes which he cannot execute and he actually makes sure he is marked when others have the ball. An absolute imposter. Can anyone think of a more hated player?

18 minutes ago, JockysJetpack said:

Has there been a more detestable Dee in recent memory than Woods? I’m trying not to let recency bias cloud my memory: Hateley I hated with a passion but I think I’d rather have him that the charlatan that is Woods.

Useless on the ball, yet fancies himself as a player. Loves the Hollywood shots and passes which he cannot execute and he actually makes sure he is marked when others have the ball. An absolute imposter. Can anyone think of a more hated player?

Billy Dodds 

I don’t necessarily mind his play in midfield, it’s his taking virtually every set piece that is doing my tits in. Hits the wall, put’s it over the bar or hits the 1st man. Yet McIntyre lets him take pretty much everything. Maybe his shittyness at set pieces is clouding over my judgement of the guy an needs removed from them ASAP  

Has there been a worse regular set piece expert at Dens, ever?

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I don’t necessarily mind his play in midfield, it’s his taking virtually every set piece that is doing my tits in. Hits the wall, put’s it over the bar or hits the 1st man. Yet McIntyre lets him take pretty much everything. Maybe his shittyness at set pieces is clouding over my judgement of the guy an needs removed from them ASAP  

Has there been a worse regular set piece expert at Dens, ever?

With about 20 minutes to go on Saturday you got a free kick about 30 yards out, and Woods stood over it. I thought of this thread and the universal verdict of how bad he was at set pieces, and immediately reckoned it was inevitable that you would score.

Of course, the ball was chipped out for a goal kick, miles from any Dundee players, with Woods remonstrating with them as if it was their fault.

Just now, Hendo said:

With about 20 minutes to go on Saturday you got a free kick about 30 yards out, and Woods stood over it. I thought of this thread and the universal verdict of how bad he was at set pieces, and immediately reckoned it was inevitable that you would score.

Of course, the ball was chipped out for a goal kick, miles from any Dundee players, with Woods remonstrating with them as if it was their fault.

The Ross County fans warned us this would happen. 

Kerr Waddell was an absolute bomb scare for us every time he played. A couple of goals against Hearts doesn’t make him good. Don’t know what it is with Dundee fans constantly thinking that pish players who haven’t played for ages are all of a sudden good enough. He’s a lower half championship/League 1 defender. Cammy Kerr is championship quality at best - arguably one of our worst performers in the first half of a shite season.

Cammy Kerr's biggest problem was not being able to do what he does best - bombing down the wing. That part of his game has just disappeared in the last 18 months - I put entirely down to having Deacon/J Curran in from of him who was/is shit awful at defending - in Deacon's case actually giving the ball away to the opposition.

Kerr Waddell could have improved but fell out big time with McCann - not surprised to hear he's regressed as a p!ayer - quite sad really.

52 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Kerr Waddell was an absolute bomb scare for us every time he played. A couple of goals against Hearts doesn’t make him good. Don’t know what it is with Dundee fans constantly thinking that pish players who haven’t played for ages are all of a sudden good enough. He’s a lower half championship/League 1 defender. Cammy Kerr is championship quality at best - arguably one of our worst performers in the first half of a shite season.

He would have certainly done more for the team at centre half than Meekings and Davies.  Both players who will be on considerably more wages.

Edited by Shadow Play

Totally forgot about Meekings - what's going on there? 

C. Kerr is pish. Always has been. He'd be a very good Championship RB. He's a half decent defender but is woeful on the ball. He's under no pressure but you still know that ball is getting hoofed aimlessly. If the team sets up with a flat back four and doesn't expect too much offensively from the full backs apart from overlapping runs but never receiving the ball, he'd be first player on my team sheet.