All things Dundee FC

28 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

People going on about McCann having a clue what he was trying to do. Its him, McIntyre and the board that are sending us down. The lot of them havnt a clue. A disgrace

Correct G_Man.  Very few fans suggested McCann or McIntyre should be appointed before they were.  Twice a Nelms thought he would be clever and go against what most fans were thinking.  Twice he has got it very badly wrong.  

Edited by Shadow Play

12 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Correct G_Man.  Very few fans suggested McCann or McIntyre should be appointed before they were.  Twice a Nelms thought he would be clever and go against what most fans were thinking.  Twice he has got it very badly wrong.  

First time, obviously before anyone knew McCann was a massive narcissist with the inability to learn from his "mistakes", I applauded the fact we didn't just take some other clubs castoff and tried something different.

As a pundit he watched every match, picked it apart, seen what worked and what didn't. His problem was he watched Man City a bit too much and figured any team could do it.

Rather than learn from that, the teams inability and his, he just doubled down on his nonsense. Tombola selection and formation hurt us badly.

Then there was McIntyre, again not a popular choice, but one I liked because his previous job went to shit. No one was crying out for him and he had to deliver or, be forgotten to the history books as another dud manager.

Well you can see how that has gone. I don't think they were terrible ideas for appointment, they have just been terrible appointments.

TL;DR - Nelms good - Managers bad.

Nelms programme notes on Saturday were nothing short of corporate business bullshit and a deflection on the state we're in so it's less than surprising he bought into McCann talking the talk! The McIntyre appointment I'm not so sure about but an even bigger disaster none the less. We're fucked without their money so I suppose as long as they're paying up it's their call but the downward spiral can't go on without dire consequences

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Here’s the reply I got when I e mailed the board advising them that if Dodds signed I wouldn’t be back at Dens until after he had left.  After a run of 7 defeats in a row which, has included playing the then bottom team, the board don’t seem willing to even consider McIntyre’s position.  Frightening!

Dear xxxxxxxx

John has asked me to reply to your email on his behalf.  He has taken note of your comments and can assure you that these will be taken into account in any decision the Board makes.

Thank you for your continued support.

Kind regards

Pam

Pam Rodgers

PA to Managing Director & Management Team

Pretty impressive you got any response at all.

Nelms programme notes on Saturday were nothing short of corporate business bullshit and a deflection on the state we're in so it's less than surprising he bought into McCann talking the talk! The McIntyre appointment I'm not so sure about but an even bigger disaster none the less. We're fucked without their money so I suppose as long as they're paying up it's their call but the downward spiral can't go on without dire consequences
Don't buy programmes so on here was the first I heard of it but pretty bizarre generally.

If it had been Peter Marr talking about the fact the refs weren't giving us a fair shake 17 years ago fair enough, but the "no one likes us, we don't care," pish is frankly embarrassing.

His appointments over the last two years have led us to a position which could be far better summed up as follows.

"We're so pish that no one cares about us, and we don't like it."

44 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We've just appointed Scott Gairdner as our CEO.

There's a cracking video of him somewhere on youtube getting the piss ripped by a stand up comedian and he responds something bizarre about being a part of 'The Rangers family'.

1 hour ago, LiamDFC said:

Ouch. One of the most universally despised (Dundee) characters in living memory.

Wasn't he at Hearts in a Chief Exec role?

He got punted for forgetting to order seats for their new stand.