All things Dundee FC

Wow. Looking at that the only 2 who seem to have proved worth keeping so far are Ralph and Nelson.
Someone earlier in the thread said we have paid in the region of 30 players of in the last few years and that's what we've got.
Staggering.

We also have that boy on a pre contract from QOS. Not sure what he’s like but without Dobbie they seem to struggle. If McIntyre goes, I’m sure a new manager can withdraw the PC if they don’t want the player.

You can’t keep changing your manager Kid, unless it’s Laszlo, or McKinnon, or Mixu, or McNamara; but my point is you need consistency.  McIntyre should get until Christmas at least and a fair wedge to bring in a bunch of new players. 
Whilst I dislike quoting a Tory, he, like Theresa May, can build a Strong and Stable environment at the club.
What could possibly go wrong?

The fact you think he should stay is enough confirmation for me that he must go.

Morton have just appointed Dave MacKinnon as Chief Executive.
Your thoughts on his time at Dundee are welcome.
He took the position when we were really cash strapped and left before any of the dodgy goings on happened.

I think he was relatively competent at assisting with recruitment etc but his contact book did often seem to gravitate towards Ibrox.

I don't know how appealing we were for a manager at that time but his appointments of Alex Rae (who generally did OK over his spell and was a bit unfortunate to have a freakishly good Hamilton side in the league), clearly a bit thick, and Jocky Scott, who was six years since his last management gig at Raith, seemed quite regressive when looking at St Johnstone who brought in Coyle then McInnes in similar periods.

Not really heard many people say much bad about him though, ex players seem to be fond at least. I think it'd be hard to properly assess him based on his period here as I do think he was mostly selling a turd with the chaotic ownership situation.

He took the position when we were really cash strapped and left before any of the dodgy goings on happened.

I think he was relatively competent at assisting with recruitment etc but his contact book did often seem to gravitate towards Ibrox.

I don't know how appealing we were for a manager at that time but his appointments of Alex Rae (who generally did OK over his spell and was a bit unfortunate to have a freakishly good Hamilton side in the league), clearly a bit thick, and Jocky Scott, who was six years since his last management gig at Raith, seemed quite regressive when looking at St Johnstone who brought in Coyle then McInnes in similar periods.

Not really heard many people say much bad about him though, ex players seem to be fond at least. I think it'd be hard to properly assess him based on his period here as I do think he was mostly selling a turd with the chaotic ownership situation.
To be fair, your last sentence makes him an absolutely perfect fit for Morton at present.

Think most of us are just hoping for a bit of competency behind the scenes after decades of having absolutely none.

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Cracked Derek Lyle in the kisser when he waved at Hamilton fans after he was subbed for us in his final game shortly before joining them, if rumours are to be believed. 

Pretty sure he resigned after Brannan appointed Jocky ahead of his choice of Derek McInnes (?)

He's also the king of spin. Built up hype by saying we were signing an ex English Premier League star and it turned put to be David Worrell. Sure @Radford and fellow St Johnstone fans had a few names for him on here back in the day.

He was certainly competent.

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'm unsure if this is a postive or negative reflection on MacKinnon but he seems to have been involved with both us and Dundee when they were in a period of relative stability but then once he left the clubs slipped into dodgy financial situations.  

Championship standard would be appropriate.

Not if we want to come up straight away because if (and when) we do championship players with another 2 years on there contracts won’t cut the mustard

37 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

What type of players should we be looking to recruit?

Ones willing to risk 6p in the pound when you go into administration for the third time?