All things Dundee FC

Has to be Safe Hands last game for us. Farcical performance so far. Poor decision making for the 1st, playing the goal kick into an area flooded with players when Marshall is is standing on the other side with no one near him. Don’t really need to say much about his contribution at the 2nd. 

So many things wrong with this performance so far. 

16 minutes ago, srw said:

Can we all agree now that this keeper can not be trusted.

true, we are getting absolutely pumped all over the pitch, but this bloody keeper.

I’ll never get my head around a manager picking him to play at this level. 

The performance on a whole so far has been diabolical, no one getting pass marks so far. 

13 minutes ago, yehyehyeh said:

We obviously need another new face, but short term, is ferrie any good/better? That’s a genuine question not rhetorical, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play.

He literally cannot be any worse. 

49 minutes ago, yehyehyeh said:

We obviously need another new face, but short term, is ferrie any good/better? That’s a genuine question not rhetorical, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play.

Cannae be any worse, a bit on the short side tho. 

14 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Haha! Pretty poor boys eh?

Draw away from home, with a split new team, against opposition most folk have as a top half finisher. Naw, pretty satisfied with a draw tbh.

Problems in the first half were down to Pars tactics being spot on and our players not figuring out how to cope with it. That was rectified in the 2nd half, which barring the first couple of minutes, was complete one-way traffic in our favour.

Deal with our clown of a keeper, and so far this season has been nothing but encouraging. 

How are you guys getting on in the Cups?

Byrne had a quiet game, but McDaid's energy served us well in the 2nd half. His movement was opening other space up even if his delivery was lacking. He did play a nice pass that led to the 2nd pen though. Bit harsh to call him 'piss poor' tbh.

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Was surprised how poor Dundee looked, especially in the 1st half., considering they’re strong title contenders. Byrne was piss poor as was McDaid when he came on. Glad his woeful delivery 90% of the time wasn’t just shown when he was with us! 

Just you focus on Morton right now pal, we'll learn from our mistakes and properly smack you next week.

Hamilton - Intae the sea.

Kerr - Horrendous in the first half. Better in the second as he was in his more natural RB position.

McGhee - I found him particularly atrocious in the first half, like the others picked it up in the 2nd. Was convinced his half-volley shot was going in.

Meekings - I thought he was our least shit defender in the 1st, not saying much though.

Forster - Rinse and repeat; shite in first half, much stronger in second.

Marshall - Looked much more comfortable in the LB role.

Robertson - Probably the best player in the 1st half for me, didn't think he did much in the 2nd as far as I remember.

Byrne - Anonymous in the 1st (though he had some nice moves). Slightly better in 2nd, but I expect more from him overall.

Gowser - Thought he was fairly solid throughout, didn't progress the forward push as much as I thought he could've.

Johnson - Did what he needed to do. Took his chances and converted. Would like to see more from him in open play though.

Nelson - Another disappointing night for Nella. Can't seem to get much going as of late.

McDaid - Thought he was a good sub and helped speed up Dundee's tempo going forward in the 2nd. Still needs work, but I defo see a good player in him.

Todd - Also thought he did well coming on, though less noticeably to me than McDaid.

Got off lucky with that, could easily have been (and probably should've been) 3 or 4 for Dunfermline in the 1st half. Much better tactically in the 2nd, looked way more comfortable, though still kept struggling against counters from the Pars. Happy to see McPake react to a situation with urgency in a way that brought positive results (instead of ignoring issues and insisting his initial decision was the right one like some other managers we've seen in the past) and hope this is a key part of him learning about his team and how it best functions. I don't think 3 at the back is the way to go, as we look quite comfortable with 4. Would think a 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 with Gowser feeding for Nelson and Johnson would be the way going forward, but that's just me. As for signings, boy do we need 'em. Ness is back from his knock but wasn't even on the bench today for some reason, and Curran and (shock horror) Davies are out. I'd reckon we need at least 1 new player in for every position, 2 perhaps for strikers and midfielders. I sure hope that's the worst we play all season, because if we got something from that game after playing so badly against a title contender away from home, then there's no reason not to keep hoping. Onto Ayr.

that was a hard watch last night. meekings is meh. decent ground eep as well. some support we had. hope the guy that tumbled backwards and battered his head in stand is ok. looked a sair ain going to be one of those seasons i think.

1 hour ago, Ylf said:

that was a hard watch last night. meekings is meh. decent ground eep as well. some support we had. hope the guy that tumbled backwards and battered his head in stand is ok. looked a sair ain going to be one of those seasons i think.

Bloke walked past me at Half time, looked to be in good spirits👍

I reckon 3 at the back is done just 1 game in to the season.  Our 3 couldn't cope with players out wide taking them for a run. Could have been dead and buried at half time.

When we actually played a bit and pressed them more all of a sudden the game changed.  We lasted the pace in that heat whilst Dunfermline were fucked after 60 minutes, so that is a positive.

No more first halfs like that please. 

Sofa spectator last night. We were very slow and disjointed yesterday. Everyone looked like they were not expecting to get the ball in the first half which looked bizarre. 

Hamilton I've been very critical of in the past but the lad has had a few clean sheets in pre season and a brilliant game against arguably tougher opponents in Blackpool.

I'm not sure if it's because he was more comfortable knowing these games mean very little, but I'm not saying get rid of him again just yet. He wasn't even that bad in my opinion. 

We definitely got gifted a point. Let's see how we get on against Ayr at home.

Edited by Crawford