All things Dundee FC

McPake and likely Billy King will give us competition for wide areas and like others have said, left back cover and a number 10 and we’re sorted.

Hopefully Davies and Curran’s wage will allow us to bring in a quality number 10.

Yeah, I'm no sure how much you can really expect of a player that age no matter his talent. 17 year olds tend to be really inconsistent, especially ones who play the more 'flashy' positions, but still, it's another option at a position we're a bit lacking in so it's all good.
I think we need a #10/advanced midfielder type, cover at fullback, and definitely another keeper. The last is really the priority for me, because no matter how well Hamilton plays from one game to the next, I'd only finally be happy that he's not about to start chucking them in his own net every week again once he's been habitually solid for a good couple of seasons on the bounce. We don't have the time to wait for him to fail again.

Don’t think McPake is even considering a new keeper.

Don’t think McPake is even considering a new keeper.
Neither do I, but I can't shake the feeling that's going to come back and bite us on the arse in the most embarrassing way possible. Playoff match, Derby etc

Hamilton might yet grow out of his habit of rudimentary mistakes, but i'm not convinced. They're pretty basic errors no keeper of his age should be making at this level. St.Mirren game at the end of last season should have been his last hurrah.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yeah, I'm no sure how much you can really expect of a player that age no matter his talent. 

We seem to be expecting quite a bit of young Finlay in a more important role in the team (IMO anyway). 

If thir good enough, thir ald enough! :whistle

36 minutes ago, Dele said:

We seem to be expecting quite a bit of young Finlay in a more important role in the team (IMO anyway). 

If thir good enough, thir ald enough! :whistle

Oh aye, Robertson's definitely talented, but I don't think anybody should be expecting him to play 35-40 matches this season at his age, especially not the Dundee management.

Likewise, I'm sure we wouldn't have bothered loaning McPake in if he wasn't going to be involved in the 1st team, but I would hope they didn't bring him in in the expectation that a 17 year old laddie is going to become a key player and first name on the teamsheet every week.

I've only seen Hamilton getting plaudits for his performance on Sunday but like I said on the match thread, having seen their equaliser I reckon he should at the very least have punched that ball clear. Being glued to your line and letting the ball drop out the sky onto the boy's head 2 yards in front of him is very poor IMO. 

15 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I've only seen Hamilton getting plaudits for his performance on Sunday but like I said on the match thread, having seen their equaliser I reckon he should at the very least have punched that ball clear. Being glued to your line and letting the ball drop out the sky onto the boy's head 2 yards in front of him is very poor IMO. 

Tbf to him he pulled off a bit of a wonder save seconds before the equaliser and was probably still getting up. Trying to recall exactly what happened, did he not have the save in the top corner then the ball was squared and Considine knocked it in? I’d lay the blame on who was picking up  Considine  and why they let him in front of them. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Tbf to him he pulled off a bit of a wonder save seconds before the equaliser and was probably still getting up. Trying to recall exactly what happened, did he not have the save in the top corner then the ball was squared and Considine knocked it in? I’d lay the blame on who was picking up  Considine  and why they let him in front of them. 

The ball was looped into the box from a header and as it fell about 2 yards from the goal line Ojo beat Cammy to a header which Hamilton pulled a cracking save from which ulimately led to the goal but I think Hamilton should have been off his line to beat Ojo to the ball before he had a chance to get his header away in the first place. As the ball fell he had plenty of time to see it coming. Given he's got arms and hands to use as a wee bit of an advantage he has to be commanding that area IMO.

11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The ball was looped into the box from a header and as it fell about 2 yards from the goal line Ojo beat Cammy to a header which Hamilton pulled a cracking save from which ulimately led to the goal but I think Hamilton should have been off his line to beat Ojo to the ball before he had a chance to get his header away in the first place. As the ball fell he had plenty of time to see it coming. Given he's got arms and hands to use as a wee bit of an advantage he has to be commanding that area IMO.

Ohh I get you now. I thought you were meaning the cross that Considine knocked in. I sit at the far end of the Derry so it’s hard to judge how far the initial header was from the goal line. 

Edited by Yenitit

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Ohh I get you now. I thought you were meaning the cross that Considine knocked in. 

I might be being overly-critical and he might be being coached to let the defenders deal with it but for me that should be any keepers area to command. 

Doesn't matter, it's a diddy cup anyhow...

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I might be being overly-critical and he might be being coached to let the defenders deal with it but for me that should be any keepers area to command. 

Seems to be a few keepers who, if they aren't confident in winning crosses, are told to stay on the line and try and make the save rather than come for the ball and leave it gaping.

Zander Clark was planted on his line until Mannus left and hes started coming for things.

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Tbh, considering Hamilton's record in coming out of his goal, I'm not so eager for him to "command that area". Remembering nearly flubbing a ball against Ayr that once again gave me the fear.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems to be a few keepers who, if they aren't confident in winning crosses, are told to stay on the line and try and make the save rather than come for the ball and leave it gaping.

Zander Clark was planted on his line until Mannus left and hes started coming for things.

Not one person on this thread has ever cared about any of the people you've mentioned or their shortcomings.  Nor have we ever cared for the opinion of any St Johnstone fan.  

1 minute ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Not one person on this thread has ever cared about any of the people you've mentioned or their shortcomings.  Nor have we ever cared for the opinion of any St Johnstone fan.  

This patter is equally as hilarious as it was when the four posters who used it before you done it.

It really is.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This patter is equally as hilarious as it was when the four posters who used it before you done it.

It really is.

Gifted’s onto something there Random. I don’t think many Dundee fans give a flying f**k about St Johnstone. Don’t gauge Dundee fans going on your thread as anything other than  a bit of fun.  I genuinely hope your club does alright, better than any from the West Coast or Highlands. Hardly the thoughts of a rival.