All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Numptdee said:

Dorrans incoming......

Kilmarnock have given up trying to sign him permanently because they cant match his demands.

Multiple clubs from down South made approaches too.

3 hours ago, Den Spark said:

Saying that for months. Bar Kane Hemmings I've had to Google every signing to find out who they are and who they last played for. Imagine waiting until the free agent list comes out before adding to a squad that is now out of the League Cup and seven points behind the Championship leaders. Smacks of ineptitude or cost cutting.

Considering the sheer number of players we've signed over the past 2+ seasons who have then had their contracts terminated with years left to run, it would be utterly scandalous if we weren't attempting to cut costs.

I'm still confused as to where all these signings who would dramatically improve our side and would be willing to play Championship football are supposed to be coming from. 

The utter nonsense of both McCann and McIntyre's signing policy led directly to us finishing adrift at the bottom of the table last season, and having to assemble more or less an entire new side for the start of this. The last thing we need is yet more of the scattergun "sign everything and anyone in the hope some of the shit sticks" approach. If it takes two or three windows to actually sign the appropriate players and build a competitive, worthwhile squad, them I'm all for that even if it means it takes us two seasons to get out of this division, even if that means we play with a slightly deficient squad until January, or even next May. The last thing we need to be doing is bombing half our squad in June 2020 because we only finished 3rd or 4th and an element of our support seems to think this is Football Manager, the world is full of gems you can sign for peanuts, and that Dundee somehow have a divine right to be going straight back up at the first attempt.

Signing players is a huge part of the reason we were in the mess we were in back in May. Personally, I'm relieved it's been slow on the signings front, because that indicates there is actually a cohesive thought process in play. Far more than I can say about any period since the Hartley era.

Edited by Boo Khaki

8 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Considering the sheer number of players we've signed over the past 2+ seasons who have then had their contracts terminated with years left to run, it would be utterly scandalous if we weren't attempting to cut costs.

I'm still confused as to where all these signings who would dramatically improve our side and would be willing to play Championship football are supposed to be coming from. 

The utter nonsense of both McCann and McIntyre's signing policy led directly to us finishing adrift at the bottom of the table last season, and having to assemble more or less an entire new side for the start of this. The last thing we need is yet more of the scattergun "sign everything and anyone in the hope some of the shit sticks" approach. If it takes two or three windows to actually sign the appropriate players and build a competitive, worthwhile squad, them I'm all for that even if it means it takes us two seasons to get out of this division, even if that means we play with a slightly deficient squad until January, or even next May. The last thing we need to be doing is bombing half our squad in June 2020 because we only finished 3rd or 4th and an element of our support seems to think this is Football Manager, the world is full of gems you can sign for peanuts, and that Dundee somehow have a divine right to be going straight back up at the first attempt.

Signing players is a huge part of the reason we were in the mess we were in back in May. Personally, I'm glad it's been slow on the signings front, because that indicates there is actually a cohesive thought process in play. Far more than I can say about any period since the Hartley era.

Well said, it's been an almighty clusterfuck from a pair of absolute clowns, and we are where we are, quite happy with the squad (apart from keeper and a playmaker) let's get on with it, and f**k these DAB's.

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:
50 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:
Well said, it's been an almighty clusterfuck from a pair of absolute clowns, and we are where we are, quite happy with the squad (apart from keeper and a playmaker) let's get on with it, and f**k these DAB's.
Thank you.

Jeez, yer affy angry

Yeah, and you're 'affy' thick, it is what it is.

Thank you.

List of free agents who most recently played in the Premiership and Championship respectively, blatantly stolen from TDB. Are there any players on this list that you think we could use going forward?

image.png.4b0075480eb0b3eeacaf5afba084e037.png

image.png.2594a8b302b5b3f9c251663716a85d1f.png

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

List of free agents who most recently paid in the Premiership and Championship respectively, blatantly stolen from TDB. Are there any players on this list that you think we could use going forward?

Didn't realise Graham Dorrans was French....

15 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

List of free agents who most recently played in the Premiership and Championship respectively, blatantly stolen from TDB. Are there any players on this list that you think we could use going forward?

What's with this Second Striker pish?

And more importantly, do we need one? 

15 minutes ago, Dele said:

Bigirimana and Dorrans are the only two I'd even look twice at. 

I’d add Kilgallon ex Hamilton’s well. Think he was decent enough against us. Tbf most people probably did last season. 

Annyways, what’s happened to this 2nd signing Dele? Not slept for 2 days incase I miss thon signing emoji!

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

I’d add Kilgallon ex Hamilton’s well. Think he was decent enough against us. Tbf most people probably did last season. 

Annyways, what’s happened to this 2nd signing Dele? Not slept for 2 days incase I miss thon signing emoji!

Nae idea. I'll see if I can get in touch wi the boy and ask him. Can't have folk losing sleep over it!