All things Dundee FC

21 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm no' converting you ever it seems haha. Things to improve, but far better attitude in the last 4 games and performances in the last 3. Need to turn our heads toward getting results these next 2 weeks and getting the quality pieces to supplement our current squad.

Yeah fairdo’s about attitude and performance. The manager gives me the fear though and that won’t change for a long time. We should be doing far better with the players at his disposal. 

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

The Stendel appointment has a whiff of the Mixu's about it. They persisted too long with a keech manager, replacement hasn't got going at all yet. I think they'd have to give him until at least March/April irrespective of results, which could already be far too late with a dispirited and disinterested squad for any emergency replacement to dig them out of the shit.

I think January will make or break them as well, but I could honestly see them still being bottom come the end of the season. They are totally honking and Stendel doesn't appear to have had any impact at all.

We played Hearts in Leveins final game, and then Stendels first. They didnt manage a shot on target in either. Stendels side was easier to break down.

They're fucked unless they have an incredible window. No team in the past decade has survived from the position they're in.

Glenn Whelan is shite, fwiw. 

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Glenn Whelan is shite, fwiw. 

21 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Yeah Glenn Whelan is the exact type of signing we should be avoiding.

This will be the same Glenn Whelan who made 35 appearances in Aston Villa's English Championship promotion winning squad only last season.

A six month contract offer for an extremely experienced pro seeking to play games whilst attempting to retain his current international squad place with Eire for the play-offs and potentially the finals. 

No brainer imho, especially the advice and experience he could pass to the likes of young Finlay Robertson in the short-term, which of course would be invaluable in the long term, whilst contributing greatly on the park.

Merely an opinion, however I would certainly entertain him before some Perth team reserve squad member.

Best regards 

This will be the same Glenn Whelan who made 35 appearances in Aston Villa's English Championship promotion winning squad only last season.
A six month contract offer for an extremely experienced pro seeking to play games whilst attempting to retain his current international squad place with Eire for the play-offs and potentially the finals. 
No brainer imho, especially the advice and experience he could pass to the likes of young Finlay Robertson in the short-term, which of course would be invaluable in the long term, whilst contributing greatly on the park.
Merely an opinion, however I would certainly entertain him before some Perth team reserve squad member.
Best regards 

If a team struggling as much as Hearts are willing to let him go I’m not interested. Would rather look towards younger players who can grow. Very rarely are the papers right about our signings so I’d take the Callaghan shout with a massive pinch of salt.

15 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Best regards 

He clearly cant be arsed being in Scotland. Ask Hearts fans if you dont believe me, but hes been utterly abysmal. Just half arsedly stands in midfield, completing the odd pass to centre backs. 

Game at McDiarmid was just Berra passing it to Whelan, who'd underhit the ball back to Berra without even trying to turn and move forward with it. Considering his reported wage he must be one of the worst value signings any top flight side has made this decade.

55 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Best regards 

Can see where you are coming from with that shout. The last think we need is another young loanee who isn’t ready to contribute much and holding the progression of our own back. 

Its difficult to look back at the game, especially after a lot of alcohol was consumed. Seemed to be a game of two halves, pretty poor first half, pretty good second half. Overall the draw was probably the correct result, much better than the previous derbies.

I thought their goal was a result of Meekings and Hamilton, cant recall the buildup where Kerr is being blamed. I will need to watch the highlights at some point. Reading comments praising Meekings overall performance, so maybe their is hope for him after all. 

We need pace. Especially in midfield. Brought on pace with Nelson last night but that was it. We have no one on the subs bench that can change the game for us. Robertson isn't very quick, Dorrans is slow, as is McGowan.

We badly need a strong, physical and quick midfield to help out the quality that we already have there

We need pace. Especially in midfield. Brought on pace with Nelson last night but that was it. We have no one on the subs bench that can change the game for us. Robertson isn't very quick, Dorrans is slow, as is McGowan.

We badly need a strong, physical and quick midfield to help out the quality that we already have there

Nelson has been very disappointing. Plus he’s a hot head. Sure the booking was soft and their keeper made the most of it but it was fucking stupid. He could have gone off for kicking the call away just after. He gets booked in every game. He was brilliant at times last year - midweek at a freezing Tynecastle. The boys lost his way.

We certainly need something. We’re either hoofing it long to Hemmings or we are going for the slow build up, everybody is marked. We either need pace or someone with a spark like Greg Stewart had, or Harkins who can unlock defences. There’s got to be someone out there.

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Nelson has been very disappointing. Plus he’s a hot head. Sure the booking was soft and their keeper made the most of it but it was fucking stupid. He could have gone off for kicking the call away just after. He gets booked in every game. He was brilliant at times last year - midweek at a freezing Tynecastle. The boys lost his way.

I fear this has anything to do with the rumours circulating around about him.

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

We certainly need something. We’re either hoofing it long to Hemmings or we are going for the slow build up, everybody is marked. We either need pace or someone with a spark like Greg Stewart had, or Harkins who can unlock defences. There’s got to be someone out there.

Alan Forrest, perhaps?... I'm getting my hopes up for absolutely nothing lol.

What we thinking for the January window then? Realistically with it being January it’s probably going to be the loan market. I’d be looking at trying to bring a goalkeeper in, plenty good options who are currently warming the bench for premiership sides. A right winger however has to be the priority position for me. McPake clearly doesn’t fancy Todd too much so we’ve only really got McDaid for that position. We’re similarly short in the left wing department. No need for a striker with Hemmings, Johnston and Nelson all capable enough. We’ve not got the biggest squad as it is so wouldn’t be looking to offload too many. Think McPake’s loan deal will be up anyway?

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

What we thinking for the January window then? Realistically with it being January it’s probably going to be the loan market. I’d be looking at trying to bring a goalkeeper in, plenty good options who are currently warming the bench for premiership sides. A right winger however has to be the priority position for me. McPake clearly doesn’t fancy Todd too much so we’ve only really got McDaid for that position. We’re similarly short in the left wing department. No need for a striker with Hemmings, Johnston and Nelson all capable enough. We’ve not got the biggest squad as it is so wouldn’t be looking to offload too many. Think McPake’s loan deal will be up anyway?

Jonny Hayes on loan maybe?

Dare I say.. Scott Bain? Jokes obvs.