All things Dundee FC

Thought we came through what was a definite banana skin that we'd normally screw up in years gone by, relatively comfortable.

Max Anderson, until he went off, was my MotM. Real box to box CM and brought an impetus to the side that meant we never slowed down to first gear. That changed when Robertson came on but I suppose that was probably the point of that substitution, but I was really impressed. Biggest compliment I can pay him is that he didn't look out of place playing alongside Adam and Dorrans. Thought the 3 of them were very strong. Adam was producing defense splitting pass after defense splitting pass. Really was a joy to watch.

Mullen could and probably should have had at least 3 goals but he got himself into some very promising positions and as his finish was a real poachers goal. Elliott brought a threat down the right hand side but we were caught out quite a few times down his right hand side and McGhee was left on his own to try and deal with any threat. Forster's passing was brutal and we had a few scary moments at the back but Hamilton dealt with those moments well.

Osman Sow is just a big plank of wood up front and reminded me of Graham Bayne's last stint with us.

For the first game though, reasonably pleased even if it was against admittedly, a team we should be comfortably dispatching.

From what I could make out while trying to watch on a 5" screen while at work, it looked like you could tell we were a few levels above which hasn't always been the case in recent years. 

Charlie Adam's left foot should be insured for £3 billion.

Just now, Yenitit said:

Did we beat Peterhead 4 nil in a friendly recently 🤔😂

Aye - And United put one of their stronger teams out as well! Bubble has well and truly burst for Mellon. They average a shot on target a game and today was no different.

Josh Mulligan was subbed off injured after 9 minutes which is the only downside to this result.

Some amount of ex-Dees in their squad. In addition to Mulligan and Cameron they had Ryan Conroy, Gary MacKenzie, Derek Lyle & Simon Ferry all in the match day squad.

Looking really good IMO. solid, well balanced with a good blend of youth and experience. Well played McPake.

also Sir Charles pinging forty yard passes around............

Welcome To Jazz Club Fast Show GIF - WelcomeToJazzClub FastShow TheFastShow  - Discover & Share GIFs

Special shout out to the diehards that made the 5 hour trip to stand out on the road, behind the goal!

Thank you.

43 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

From what I could make out while trying to watch on a 5" screen while at work, it looked like you could tell we were a few levels above which hasn't always been the case in recent years. 

Charlie Adam's left foot should be insured for £3 billion.

That’s how I saw it also. Pretty much strolled through the 90 minutes where year in year out these type of fixtures have been a problem for us. Adam and Dorrans being extremely comfortable in possession has a calming influence. 

Fair play to Hamilton, did well with what he had to deal with, including one really good save. Operation Nae Crowds a success so far.

He’s far from being my favourite player, but he had direct shots and quick action to take today. All accomplished very well. A solid performance that we need every week.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

19982977-1-849x564.jpg.293651f0ea5caa18d1e1a91b748cb03e.jpg

Been a few years since we had a striker capable of poppin' the onion bag with his eyes closed. 

Last of the Mohicans ready to pounce on the right as well.😎

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again