All things Dundee FC

I think Elliot has looked decent enough whilst being asked to be a wing back. I'd like to see him given a run at RB. 

Genuinely don’t think he’s looked any better than Cammy. They’re both mince, but I’m obsessed with Cammy so he gets my vote.

It was the done thing at the start of this year but picking a Dundee team of the last decade is interesting when you go by the manager that signed them. Here's my line-up:

Rab Douglas (Alex Rae)

Gary Irvine (Gordon Chisholm)
Jack Hendry (Neil McCann)
Rhys Weston (Gordon Chisholm)
Matt Lockwood (Gordon Chisholm)

Nicky Riley (Gordon Chisholm)
Glen Kamara (Neil McCann)
Gary Harkins (Jocky Scott, Barry Smith & Paul Hartley)
Greg Stewart (Paul Hartley)

Leigh Griffiths (Jocky Scott)
Kane Hemmings (Paul Hartley)

I've just thrown a team together very quickly so some glaring omissions no doubt but what surprised me was how many Chisholm signings made it. 3 of the back 4 were his signings. That highlights how dreadful we've been at the back over the years.

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Genuinely don’t think he’s looked any better than Cammy. They’re both mince, but I’m obsessed with Cammy so he gets my vote.

I think they're both shite at RB but Cammy puts more effort in but is a touch more limited. Much of a muchness. I'd be happy to keep Elliott over Cammy for his versatility but if it was just for the one position then it'd have to be Cammy at RB for me.

I'd like to think we can do better than both. We've had some pretty decent RB's over the years in Irvine, McGinn, Paton, Smith being the 4 that pretty much have plied that role before Cammy for the best part of 20 year give or take.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It was the done thing at the start of this year but picking a Dundee team of the last decade is interesting when you go by the manager that signed them. Here's my line-up:

Rab Douglas (Alex Rae)

Gary Irvine (Gordon Chisholm)
Jack Hendry (Neil McCann)
Rhys Weston (Gordon Chisholm)
Matt Lockwood (Gordon Chisholm)

Nicky Riley (Gordon Chisholm)
Glen Kamara (Neil McCann)
Gary Harkins (Jocky Scott, Barry Smith & Paul Hartley)
Greg Stewart (Paul Hartley)

Leigh Griffiths (Jocky Scott)
Kane Hemmings (Paul Hartley)

I've just thrown a team together very quickly so some glaring omissions no doubt but what surprised me was how many Chisholm signings made it. 3 of the back 4 were his signings. That highlights how dreadful we've been at the back over the years.

And whaur is Charlie Adam (James McPake)?

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

And whaur is Charlie Adam (James McPake)?

He's no getting in after 4 games in which we've won 1 despite being a class act but he'll be taking Nicky Riley's spot in no time. Harkins will be shunted to the right where he had his best season for us under Jocky.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

He's no getting in after 4 games in which we've won 1 despite being a class act but he'll be taking Nicky Riley's spot in no time. Harkins will be shunted to the right where he had his best season for us under Jocky.

Fair enough. Now you just need to fit in Christian Nade (John Brown, Paul Hartley) and we're good.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Fair enough. Now you just need to fit in Christian Nade (John Brown, Paul Hartley) and we're good.

Half thought about Haber but felt people reaching for the pitchforks.

2 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Rab

Paton Gallagher Hendry Lockwood

Adam Kamara

Stewart Harkins Forsyth

Griffiths

Felt it was cheating slightly with Paton as he barely played after 09-10 but I'd have him ahead of Irvine. Forsyth would sail into the team I picked. Thought he left in 09-10 as well but alas he played 10-11 too.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Felt it was cheating slightly with Paton as he barely played after 09-10 but I'd have him ahead of Irvine. Forsyth would sail into the team I picked. Thought he left in 09-10 as well but alas he played 10-11 too.

I don't think I'm exaggerating too much here, but I genuinely think Paton was world class.

Just now, The Derry said:

I don't think I'm exaggerating too much here, but I genuinely think Paton was world class.

Out of all the players we've signed from QotS, he was by a considerable distance the best.

@Skyline Drifter How was Paton considered down your way? I remember when we signed Lyle from you he was labelled as your 5th choice striker but he's later became a hero for you lot after his subsequent stints. Paton, however, was in a different league compared to the likes of Holt, Marshall & Lyle.