All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

If you were either of those 2 you’d be thinking I’m out of this place at the first opportunity. 2 really decent prospects.
To keep Moore on for the full 90? It’s unforgivable.

I’d definitely be chapping the manager’s door on Monday. 

Totally agree Spud but the worrying thing is not one of us will be surprised by yet more bizarre decision making. Is he trying to be too clever for his own good. 

Have to say the boy Walcott was very good today. 

Walcott looks real quality.

I think you’re spot on - too clever for his own good.

First 15 minutes looked ok but you knew if we conceded corners we were likely to be under pressure. Raith grow in confidence and end up looking really good. Charlie trying ever more ambitious long passes.

Did Moore actually make more than 2 or 3 passes? Not the lads fault though.

8 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I just cannot fathom these decisions by McPake.
Last week bringing on Kerr in midfield leaving Robertson and Anderson on the bench. This week parachuting Moore in leaving Robertson and Anderson on the bench.
How to destroy 4 players confidence. It’s ridiculously bad football and man management. Really quite remarkable.

Same here, it's an absolute tombola team picking nonsense.

47 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

This is depressing as f**k we should be scooshing this league.

"Falkirkesque" in its breathtaking self entitlement!🥴 Next thing is you'll be saying that this is a shit league because any that you're not scooshing has to be so.🤫

Edited by embow

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Walcott looks real quality.

I think you’re spot on - too clever for his own good.

First 15 minutes looked ok but you knew if we conceded corners we were likely to be under pressure. Raith grow in confidence and end up looking really good. Charlie trying ever more ambitious long passes.

Did Moore actually make more than 2 or 3 passes? Not the lads fault though.

We can see it why can’t he? Why isn’t Sow the man standing in line with the front post 4-6 yards out defending corners. The young lad Fisher had a shocker at that goal and so did Gowser. If it was any other player doing what Gowser did he’d have been going off his nut at them but nothing much said to him. Doubt his mate the manager did either. Been saying it fir a year now but Gowser shouldn’t be playing in an advance attacking role.

Don’t want to be harsh on any young boy but I can’t see how Moore starts today. 

"Falkirkesque" in its breathtaking self entitlement![emoji3061] Next thing is you'll be saying that this is a shit league because any that you're not scooshing has to be so.[emoji2958]

What we are saying is we have the second biggest budget in the league by some distance. We’ve made 3 shite managerial appointments on the trot and this nutter is making some unfathomable decisions. We cannot believe our CEO has not taken action to remove someone out of his depth. Nobody has anything but praise for the way Raith played today. No one. However what with the pandemic’s effect on finances the league is poorer than normal and we are understandably angry that we are struggling to maintain a play off spot. Are we wrong?

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Lucky they’re not chapping on his head. I’m so fucking angry. All the good feeling through the week gone. And none of us are that surprised.

It’s the Dundee way. As soon as Cummings was announced l thought we’d get beat today to bring us back down earth. 

The Hearts game at Dens was good tho. 

Still can't believe he started Moore, even more so that he left him on for the full game instead of Mullen. He must've thought today was going to be a loss anyway or something, that's the only explanation I can think for it. Shocking management, nothing else to it.

Obviously McPake should be sacked, anybody can see that, nobody's pretending otherwise. He never should have got the job from day 1. I just think it's pointless to think about every situation like that until his position genuinely becomes untenable.

Also, I know I've been considered repetitive, but f**k me if NDD isn't the most chronically awful poster on here.

We can see it why can’t he? Why isn’t Sow the man standing in line with the front post 4-6 yards out defending corners. The young lad Fisher had a shocker at that goal and so did Gowser. If it was any other player doing what Gowser did he’d have been going off his nut at them but nothing much said to him. Doubt his mate the manager did either. Been saying it fir a year now but Gowser shouldn’t be playing in an advance attacking role.
Don’t want to be harsh on any young boy but I can’t see how Moore starts today. 

Totally agree with all that. I’ve been saying for weeks that Anderson deserves to start ahead of Gowser. The lad has done himself proud and been badly let down by his boss.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

What we are saying is we have the second biggest budget in the league by some distance. We’ve made 3 shite managerial appointments on the trot and this nutter is making some unfathomable decisions. We cannot believe our CEO has not taken action to remove someone out of his depth. Nobody has anything but praise for the way Raith played today. No one. However what with the pandemic’s effect on finances the league is poorer than normal and we are understandably angry that we are struggling to maintain a play off spot. Are we wrong?

It looks like Keyes and Nelms are doing virtually everything right but their managerial appointments. 

There’s too many good, capable managers from the Scottish game out of work for us not to make a move for them. FFS Tim and John give your investment half a chance to progress!

Just now, Fifespud said:

Totally agree with all that. I’ve been saying for weeks that Anderson deserves to start ahead of Gowser. The lad has done himself proud and been badly let down by his boss.

Playing him on the wing instead of McGowan wouldn't do him any favours tbh.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Sensible calm response. No OTT "scooshing" rubbish which just leads to folk to shake their heids and laugh. The pandemic affects our club proportionally just as bad.

How did the new boys look? Haven't read the match report and didn't see the game today.

Not looking to rock the boat either, but we have to play youth players at some point. They are the future and the club are peddling this academy pish to the US too. Bit sus if we don't play any of them.

The team can't keep playing 4-3-3 without McGhee, it just can't. Would personally like to see something like this against ICT, plenty of pace and attacking intent surrounding Adam, and two steady holding MFs coordinating the ball.

image.png.f302b7bfa6419eaa3a5e99b197b88b19.png 

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Another fuckin tactical masterclass from McPake today.

What on earth was he thinking?

The mind boggles when we have a pretty comfortable player in Robertson on the bench and (although not a centre half) a very experienced defender in Kerr on the bench.

I'm all for giving the youngsters a chance but there's a time and a place. Chasing the league/promotion is not it.

Sow is just too inconsistent, he thought he had done his job after 4 mins and felt the need not to win one header after that.

No need for McMullen to come off.

Just shite.

Sensible calm response. No OTT "scooshing" rubbish which just leads to folk to shake their heids and laugh. The pandemic affects our club proportionally just as bad.

I get that it does but through a combination of us having more ST holders, a significant fans trust, pandemic insurance and wealthy owners it hasn’t affected us in the same proportion as lots of the club in the league. That makes it more frustrating.