All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

How did the new boys look? Haven't read the match report and didn't see the game today.

Not looking to rock the boat either, but we have to play youth players at some point. They are the future and the club are peddling this academy pish to the US too. Bit sus if we don't play any of them.

Walcott was excellent today.

McMullen looks really quick and put in a great ball for the goal.

Cummings got in some good positions but it was too late.

13 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Lucky they’re not chapping on his head. I’m so fucking angry. All the good feeling through the week gone. And none of us are that surprised.

That's the truth of the matter Spud, none of us out here are surprised.

We'll be constantly pissing in the wind where James McPake 'The Manager' is concerned.

Honestly, nowt more to say that's not already been said, over quite a long period now.

If you were either of those 2 you’d be thinking I’m out of this place at the first opportunity. 2 really decent prospects.
To keep Moore on for the full 90? It’s unforgivable.
This is what utterly boils my pish about McPake. His man-management is costing us time and players. Danny Johnson understandably fucked off by being repeatedly benched, now banging them in down south, Kano spent most of last season season in a totally unsuitable role, I don't blame him at all for leaving. Now we've got two good young players and fine prospects being fucked about by this idiot, who will probably ruin them.

I fully realise he's here until the end of the season, but McPake is genuinely the most frustratingly shite managerial appointment I can remember, bar Kernaghan. Fucking hopeless.

Another fuckin tactical masterclass from McPake today.
What on earth was he thinking?
The mind boggles when we have a pretty comfortable player in Robertson on the bench and (although not a centre half) a very experienced defender in Kerr on the bench.
I'm all for giving the youngsters a chance but there's a time and a place. Chasing the league/promotion is not it.
Sow is just too inconsistent, he thought he had done his job after 4 mins and felt the need not to win one header after that.
No need for McMullen to come off.
Just shite.

Spot on. You leave an experienced defender on the bench and decide to give competitive debuts to 2 teenage centre half’s.
You leave 2 developing, established first team squad midfielders on the bench and give an untested other teenager his competitive debut AS WELL?
And McMullen should have stayed on, you’re also correct there.

Arbroath and now Raith put 2 men on Charlie Adam and marked him out the game. We need to find creative options elsewhere in the side as this will give others space to play.

As a squad, we have Charlie Adam, Jordan McGhee, Lee Ashcroft, Paul McGowan and Liam Fontaine that have been captains elsewhere yet the squad basically needs Adam to try and grab the game by the throat or we are gubbed.  Some of these players are quite good for us (McGhee in particular) but no-one in our whole squad seems to take some responsibility bar Adam.

Subbing off McMullan was criminal.

And then the desperate narrow 3 up top where even the manager was relying on Charlie Adam to do something as he was the only creative player on the park. Expecting a hoof ball up to 3 strikers.

It's just shockingly piss poor management and McPake is hanging so many players out to dry with his shiteness.

Edited by Ludo*1

12 minutes ago, Crawford said:

How did the new boys look? Haven't read the match report and didn't see the game today.

Not looking to rock the boat either, but we have to play youth players at some point. They are the future and the club are peddling this academy pish to the US too. Bit sus if we don't play any of them.

We should be playing the youths but the right ones, that’s what we’ve been saying on here since the end of the game. Throw 1 young centrehalf in today but not 2 🤦🏻‍♂️ It’s too an important position to not have someone of experience in there. Incredibly unlucky for 3 centrehalf’s to be out injured and 1 with an illness all at once. Surely tae f**k Ashcroft isn’t self isolating AGAIN  

Thought McMullan and Walcott done really well. Great ball from McMullan for our goal and the big lad Walcott strolled the game. Not sure he put a foot wrong. Could form a right good partnership at this level with Fontaine and could also be an option at right back making us a fairly strong unit going by how comfortable he was on the ball. Elliot turned inside out for the 3rd 🤦🏻‍♂️ again. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I get that it does but through a combination of us having more ST holders, a significant fans trust, pandemic insurance and wealthy owners it hasn’t affected us in the same proportion as lots of the club in the league. That makes it more frustrating.

No club (no matter what it's makeup) has any divine right to think they are entitled to win anything. It's all to do with results on the pitch which closes the circle back to the manager and coaching staff. As you rightly point out, if an appointment is shit then success will never be.

This is what utterly boils my pish about McPake. His man-management is costing us time and players. Danny Johnson understandably fucked off by being repeatedly benched, now banging them in down south, Kano spent most of last season season in a totally unsuitable role, I don't blame him at all for leaving. Now we've got two good young players and fine prospects being fucked about by this idiot, who will probably ruin them.

I fully realise he's here until the end of the season, but McPake is genuinely the most frustratingly shite managerial appointment I can remember, bar Kernaghan. Fucking hopeless.

My pish has reached a temperature usually found in the centre of a thermonuclear explosion.
This is Kernaghan all over again and even he wasn’t this bad.
Nothing worse than a thicko trying to be smart.

Apparently Ashcroft could barely walk to the team bus, suffering from an ear infection. Fontaine failed a fitness test this morning.

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Just popped on the thedarkblues forum to see what they’re saying and have given up after the 6th post of the new direction needed thread. HOLY f**k 😡

Thank f**k Cobra isn't on here, then NDD would get a real taste of the 'happy clappy' support. It's unreal.

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Apparently Ashcroft could barely walk to the team bus, suffering from an ear infection. Fontaine failed a fitness test this morning.

Thank f**k Cobra isn't on here, then NDD would get a real taste of the 'happy clappy' support. It's unreal.

I hope Fontaine hasn’t had a setback because he was pictured training yesterday.

it’s not the poster cobra it’s the man of the cloth 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He is one sad alcoholic, he needs to get help. Now I’ve posted, he will probably be alerted and appear, the boy has serious issues. 

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Still can't believe he started Moore, even more so that he left him on for the full game instead of Mullen. He must've thought today was going to be a loss anyway or something, that's the only explanation I can think for it. Shocking management, nothing else to it.

Obviously McPake should be sacked, anybody can see that, nobody's pretending otherwise. He never should have got the job from day 1. I just think it's pointless to think about every situation like that until his position genuinely becomes untenable.

Also, I know I've been considered repetitive, but f**k me if NDD isn't the most chronically awful poster on here.

You've changed your tune, that's for sure.

Is it now okay to be negative? No need for you to go over to Tannadice. I didn't know it was down to you to decide when fans can become negative with their clubs situation.

You must have an awful high opinion of yourself which is humerous, considering what a plank of wood you are.

Just have a look back at your desired team from a page ago to see who is the worst poster. You'd like us to drop Osman Sow who is in great scoring form for our next game. You make McPake look like a good option.

Absolutely clueless you are, genuine. 

Thank you.