All things Dundee FC

Had the pleasure of meeting a gentleman very closely connected with DFC at the weekend. Lovely bloke, and we had a very long chat about our teams' relative recent (mis)fortunes, with particular focus on the McGinn bros and Gowser.

Anyway, it's funny how, when you put aside the internet bullshit and WUMs, you meet genuinely good guys in real life and they help you realise that, outside the ugly sisters, most Scottish football fans have a huge amount in common.

Good luck for the season.

Did you discuss Gary Harkins marking abilities, particularly when defending corners? :P

You are correct, had a great laugh with some Killie lads after the match on Saturday!

Not a great fan of EEP. The terrible memory of the Duffy inspired slide to oblivion from safety ten years ago was accelerated by a horrid 5-0 gubbing from the Pars. Soapy Soutar flapped about like a frogman wearing lead weights, breathing apparatus, flippers and a blacked up mask as the ball sailed past him. Bad, bad day.

Won't happen this time......

Not a great fan of EEP. The terrible memory of the Duffy inspired slide to oblivion from safety ten years ago was accelerated by a horrid 5-0 gubbing from the Pars. Soapy Soutar flapped about like a frogman wearing lead weights, breathing apparatus, flippers and a blacked up mask as the ball sailed past him. Bad, bad day.

Won't happen this time......

Best game eva.

The sight of Souttar in tights flapping all over the place was a sight to behold.

Braw. I fucking love when we hammer Dunfermline. :)

When was the last time that happened? I remember the vast majority of our championship games being tight(boring) affairs. I remember us easing past Dundee once when Fox? Was having a nightmare in goals and Kuqi? Was being invisible upfront.

Only chance I can see for us is if Hartley takes the cups extremely lightly, much chance of that? We have improved drastically since Johnston came in, but not quite enough to start taking top six premiership scalps tbh.

Best game eva.

The sight of Souttar in tights flapping all over the place was a sight to behold.

When was the last time that happened? I remember the vast majority of our championship games being tight(boring) affairs. I remember us easing past Dundee once when Fox? Was having a nightmare in goals and Kuqi? Was being invisible upfront.

Only chance I can see for us is if Hartley takes the cups extremely lightly, much chance of that? We have improved drastically since Johnston came in, but not quite enough to start taking top six premiership scalps tbh.

None.

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

Best game eva.

No, he's already stated that we're going to have a right good go at both cups this year.

Nae chance, he has previously said he's aiming for cup runs and will be fielding the strongest team he can in every game.

My worst ever day at EEP was not the 5-0 gubbing that led to our relegation nor the aforementioned humping we got when Fox deputised for Rab, it was the miserable midweek game against them when it was freezing and pouring down, as Gordon Chisholm led the team to an absolute pumping that all but confirmed the title was Caley's. Might have been the game Greg Paterson? broke his leg in and we had Ben Hutchinson up top. We put in a Killie-esque style performance and Chisholm like Locke made 3 subbies at HT but to no avail as the hammering continued.

Remains to this day, the only game I have ever left early at and I've been to all the Derbies over the past couple of year!

Mind Ben Hutchison was almost throwing up on the EEP pitch when he broke their keeper's leg. You could hear the crack from our end and it happened at the opposite end of the pitch.

Edit: f**k sake Ludo.

Edited by Dee Man

My worst ever day at EEP was not the 5-0 gubbing that led to our relegation nor the aforementioned humping we got when Fox deputised for Rab, it was the miserable midweek game against them when it was freezing and pouring down, as Gordon Chisholm led the team to an absolute pumping that all but confirmed the title was Caley's. Might have been the game Greg Paterson? broke his leg in and we had Ben Hutchinson up top. We put in a Killie-esque style performance and Chisholm like Locke made 3 subbies at HT but to no avail as the hammering continued.

Remains to this day, the only game I have ever left early at and I've been to all the Derbies over the past couple of year!

Thanks for that Ludo. I had suppressed that memory, but it all comes back now. It was even worse than you say. We scrambled a goal back right at the end. It might only have been 2-1 but on the balance of play it was a thrashing. We were truly awful and totally outplayed. The Pars should have pumped us to oblivion that night.

I hope Hartley has the same attitude towards us as you guys do. For what it's worth I think we'll get beat but we'll give you a game and there won't be more than two goals in it.

Didn't see you destroy Killie and people I know have said that 4-0 flattered them but we've scored 9 in the past two games (fair enough it was only Arbroath and Cowdenbeath but you can only beat what's in front of you).

I remember hearing Darren McCormack's leg snapping at Dens. That wasn't funny.

Then there was Ross County's Stuart Kettlewell's leg going crack just on the main stand touch line. Horrible noise. It was a 50/50 ball with Stuart Forsyth that was completely competitive and absolutely without malice for either player. Arse of a referee booked Forsyth.

Don't know where Kettlewell plays now.