All things Dundee FC

12 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Plus I feel there’s quite a gap between top of the championship and bottom of the prem 🤷🏼‍♂️ (hearts excepted).

I used to be of this thinking, but over the past month I've come to realize there's not much -- if any -- difference between the bottom 6 of the Premiership and the top five of the Championship.

outstanding we have just beaten a team we had to beat in order to keep 2nd in sight yet here we are boys discussing if the manager should get sacked...i honestly think some of our fans are only happy when we get beat so they can bitch about mcpake.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

If we are talking about injury prone Raith players, I'd have had Lewis Vaughan in a heartbeat.

Chronic injury problems is the only reason he's still with them and not at a much, much higher level!

I mean when it comes to bringing in players with a history of injuries we are awesome at doing so. This maybe wouldn't be a suprise if this happened 

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

That shows you that there’s not much of a difference.

I'm not sure it does, in the years since club 12 we've seen Hearts twice, Hibs, Rangers, Dundee United and Ross County completely out spend the Championship (and most of the Premiership). 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not sure it does, in the years since club 12 we've seen Hearts twice, Hibs, Rangers, Dundee United and Ross County completely out spend the Championship (and most of the Premiership). 

Livingston, St Mirren, Hamilton?

Edited by RossDee01

8 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

outstanding we have just beaten a team we had to beat in order to keep 2nd in sight yet here we are boys discussing if the manager should get sacked...i honestly think some of our fans are only happy when we get beat so they can bitch about mcpake.

Not sure about “happy” but a lot of our fans seem to feel more comfortable being overly negative and angry about things than they do when things are going well.

Just now, Yenitit said:

Long may it continue bud. 

I agree. Just dosnt seem the dundee way. 

However I like how this is all going. Fans starting to get belief again after a wee run of wins and no defeats. Yet reality and facts is we are miles behind hearts and have been shite for majority of the season. See what the next few weeks brings 

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Livingston, St Mirren, Hamilton?

Hamilton are Hamilton. We have long since agreed St Mirren would have got relegated if it wasn't for McCann being punted for McIntyre and I'm not even sure when Livingston went up. 

When they did, I'm not sure they went up with no full backs, a hunchback CH only bettered by a 38 year old CH. A midfield devoid of creation unless two 35 year olds play or a one man strike force. 

All put out on the park by a manager who thinks that every time we go a couple of goals up he should take all forward thinking players off the park and close the shop for the night. 

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Not sure about “happy” but a lot of our fans seem to feel more comfortable being overly negative and angry about things than they do when things are going well.

aye i just dont understand it we win and the message boards and facebook pages are quiet we lose and bang the fucking internet about shuts down...we are unbeaten in 7 good chance to go into the playoffs 8 unbeaten...dunfermline havent beaten us this season and its all square v raith...how about we just look forward to the play offs and getting another crack at getting up before wanting every fucker sacked or punted.

3 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

If we don't finish second  , which we should.... and we lose the play offs, would you want Mcpake sacked ? 

If so why ?

finishing 2nd is irrelevant its all about winning the playoffs and if we dont win them and go up .hes failed to do what he was employed to do and i think he should either get sacked or walk away

....boys are wanting fucking sacked even if we go up..its fucking laughable.

2 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

finishing 2nd is irrelevant 

No futher questions. 

I would think he was to at least challenge for the league or be close.  This season has been a fail.  Not so long ago we were closer to the relegation play off than where we are now. 

Edited by Robin.Hood

3 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

No futher questions. 

I would think he was to at least challenge for the league or be close.  This season has been a fail.  Not so long ago we were closer to the relegation play off than where we are now. 

🤣🤣we're in the playoffs so finishing 2nd is irrelevant ...not so long ago we were closer to the relegation playoff than we are now 🤣🤣so was nearly every team bar hearts ...anyway its all about now we won the day 2nd is still up for grabs just dinna get the reasoning behind boys constantly mumping when we win games.

8 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

No futher questions. 

4 weeks ago Partick Thistle were closer to the bottom than top, they should sack their manager as well.