All things Dundee FC

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Does anyone have that old Paul Hartley gif where he chuckles and impersonates Paul McMullan by losing his neck in a post-match interview for Dundee?

I don't, but McMullen needs to burn those boots pronto.

Excellent result today and that will be just 1 loss from 9 against Raith, Dunfermline and Inverness. Some will still try say we have absolutely no chance in the playoffs.

Edited by RossDee01

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Excellent result today and that will be just 1 loss from 9 against Raith, Dujfemline and Inverness. Some will still try and tell me we have absolutely no chance in the playoffs.

We have no chance in the play-offs.

Seeing will be believing.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Excellent result today and that will be just 1 loss from 9 against Raith, Dunfermline and Inverness. Some will still try say we have absolutely no chance in the playoffs.

I prefer not thinking we have a chance, makes it more of a pleasant surprise seeing progress at this point rather than the expectation that it should be, and therefore creating anger when it doesn't happen.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

I prefer not thinking we have a chance, makes it more of a pleasant surprise seeing progress at this point rather than the expectation that it should be, and therefore creating anger when it doesn't happen.

Progress? That’s what I was trying to get across to you about 72 hours ago but you were having none of it. We are trending in the right direction at the right time. Some people are so reactionary and inconsistent it’s frightening.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Progress? That’s what I was trying to get across to you about 72 hours ago but you were having none of it. We are trending in the right direction at the right time. Some people are so reactionary and inconsistent it’s frightening.

I feel like I explained my attitude in the post you quoted pal.

I do agree with @RossDee01, we are moving in the right direction, until substitutions happen. I also get his positivity about the play offs, as we can comfortably beat the other 2 Championship clubs. (I am glad it's not ICT). 

However we as a club are no good at 'knock out' tournaments, and this is the reason I am very pessimistic about the play offs.

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I do agree with @RossDee01, we are moving in the right direction, until substitutions happen. I also get his positivity about the play offs, as we can comfortably beat the other 2 Championship clubs. (I am glad it's not ICT). 

However we as a club are no good at 'knock out' tournaments, and this is the reason I am very pessimistic about the play offs.

I think the fact that they’re over 2 legs will play in our favour.

We aren't heading in the right direction. We just happen to be a ship who has no engine but the tide is carrying us in a general direction. 

We still end games clinging on. We still make the same mistakes with formations, tactics and substitutions. We still do not instil fear into opposition. 

We have out spent every club bar one in the league massively and yet, we still don't sit near - or even directly below - that side. 

If, somehow, promotion is gained then next season is going to be an absolute bloodbath that'll set the club further back in the long run than appointing Jim McIntyre did. Of that I have absolutely no doubt. 

13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

100% this.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic today after our wee 'spat' the other day @RossDee01. I just set myself up for disappointment when it comes to Dundee. Love the confidence, wish I could be the same. I just think we'll crumble come play-off time. Would love to be proved wrong, but think we're too weak tactically when things start to not go our way to overcome 6 (or 4 including 2 against a top flight outfit) games in a knock-out format IMO.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

We aren't heading in the right direction. We just happen to be a ship who has no engine but the tide is carrying us in a general direction. 

We still end games clinging on. We still make the same mistakes with formations, tactics and substitutions. We still do not instil fear into opposition. 

We have out spent every club bar one in the league massively and yet, we still don't sit near - or even directly below - that side. 

If, somehow, promotion is gained then next season is going to be an absolute bloodbath that'll set the club further back in the long run than appointing Jim McIntyre did. Of that I have absolutely no doubt. 

This, this and so much this... except the last point.

I reckon if we get up, have a disaster early on, then appoint some competent we're salvageable though. McPake does seem to sign decently and that has to go down as his strength IMO (except in the CH area) and I reckon with the right manager we'd be a different outfit and could scrape to safety.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

This is the biggest part for me. We go on a little run ( seems like deja vu) and this is where some fans feel optimistic. I dont actually know how this will all work out. Only thing I do know is with Mcpake in charge we won't be moving forward as a club.