All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

The five games starting 29/12 will have a huge say in how our season will finish. In those 5 games we play the (soon to be) 5 other teams in the bottom half of the league. 

Thankfully we'll have had the majority of the transfer window to change things up prior to the majority of them. Could well be a completely different looking team even.

This season has always been about the basic requirement of survival and based upon today's performance and application James McPake clearly hasn't lost the dressing room as yet, so credit to him for that.

Regarding Jason Cummings, I would imagine he's already been approached by another club. He's just maybe not the silly laddie he likes to portray, hence the antics on Thursday evening whilst wearing his best interview suit making it easy if Dundee wish to terminate his contract.

Back in the here and now, Jack Ross is available and should be approached asap due to the fact James McPake has now had two and a half years and still displays minimal professional development on team set up and selection, actual coaching and ongoing live match team management. 

Btw, in the event we fail to sign a competent left back who can actually also defend, the gig now belongs to Cammy Kerr.

Regards 

PS, we all know James McPake is going nowhere. 

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

This season has always been about the basic requirement of survival and based upon today's performance and application James McPake clearly hasn't lost the dressing room as yet, so credit to him for that.

Regarding Jason Cummings, I would imagine he's already been approached by another club. He's just maybe not the silly laddie he likes to portray, hence the antics on Thursday evening whilst wearing his best interview suit making it easy if Dundee wish to terminate his contract.

Back in the here and now, Jack Ross is available and should be approached asap due to the fact James McPake has now had two and a half years and still displays minimal professional development on team set up and selection, actual coaching and ongoing live match team management. 

Btw, in the event we fail to sign a competent left back who can actually also defend, the gig now belongs to Cammy Kerr.

Regards 

I think we all know what's going to happen here. County will empty the racist thicko and employ Ross who will keep them up at our expense. 

It's the Dundee way 😂

7 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I think we all know what's going to happen here. County will empty the racist thicko and employ Ross who will keep them up at our expense. 

It's the Dundee way 😂

I doubt it, he will keep them up,  regardless of his nasty views, picking up points every week.

There's days when it's right to be angry after defeat but today isn't one of them. 

Any longtime posters know i detest Kerr (as a footballer) but he was excellent today along with the whole back four. Fontaine potentially man of the match and surprised nobody has said how good Christie was, particularly in the first half. Brilliant link up with McMullen and continually got past him in attack. 

Everyone gave their all today , i really can't complain, especially with them scoring right before the game became unplayable due to fog. We clearly tired and needed substitutions that we didn't have.

Keep Kerr and Elliot in for Aberdeen IMO. Looking forward to it on boxing day. Have a good week in the build up to Xmas including the day and i'll see you cuntos that travel at Aberdeen. No reason we can't get a result up there if we play with today's graft. I'll be half pished anyway, that's for sure. 

Thank you.

2 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Regards 

Yeah, I would think thats Cummings done with us.

Could free up a fair bit of cash for January as I imagine that he would be one of the top earners at the club. It's a shame really as he is a talented player, but if you're going to turn up to training half cut and arse about, then he's taking the piss and it's pretty disrespectful. 

If he goes, then I imagine McPake will keep Griffiths, as we would need to spend the Cummings cash on the defence.

Kerr, Fontaine and McGowan were our best players today. How we could only get 5 subs on the bench is beyond me though, and not even give the young lads game time. Mullen and Griffiths offered next to nothing. Get Jack Ross in asap, will struggle at Aberdeen and Livingston before the derby. 

He was good in the championship last season for us, but whether it was just because he came replaced Hamilton or not, Legzdins is bang average. He takes forever to take goal kicks (whether McPake tells him to time waste or not is another thing), he can't kick the ball properly and has let in shots that should've been saves (1st Derby winner, Porteous goal at Dens).

Goalkeeper, LB and CH needed in January first and foremost. 

1 minute ago, LM_0803 said:

Kerr, Fontaine and McGowan were our best players today. How we could only get 5 subs on the bench is beyond me though, and not even give the young lads game time. Mullen and Griffiths offered next to nothing. Get Jack Ross in asap, will struggle at Aberdeen and Livingston before the derby. 

He was good in the championship last season for us, but whether it was just because he came replaced Hamilton or not, Legzdins is bang average. He takes forever to take goal kicks (whether McPake tells him to time waste or not is another thing), he can't kick the ball properly and has let in shots that should've been saves (1st Derby winner, Porteous goal at Dens).

Goalkeeper, LB and CH needed in January first and foremost. 

I don't think today was the day to give young lads a run out, with us not having a full strength starting 11.

Legzdins is good enough, his kicking is OK, it's the outfield players not winning the second ball that's the issue. I do agree on the point that he takes too long to release it.

Just now, johnnydun said:

I don't think today was the day to give young lads a run out, with us not having a full strength starting 11.

Legzdins is good enough, his kicking is OK, it's the outfield players not winning the second ball that's the issue. I do agree on the point that he takes too long to release it.

It's been happening for years, and I still don't know why, but whenever our keepers have a goalkick we always move to one side of the pitch, leaving the other side empty. It just takes a full back or winger to stay on their side and we have loads of space to attack but as usual we never think outside the box. 

14 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

It's been happening for years, and I still don't know why, but whenever our keepers have a goalkick we always move to one side of the pitch, leaving the other side empty. It just takes a full back or winger to stay on their side and we have loads of space to attack but as usual we never think outside the box. 

This wouldn't work, the players all head to the side the ball is going to land in.

The Legzdins criticism honestly baffles me. I'd be looking to get him tied down for even longer personally rather than looking to replace him. He has a dodgy moment in him, but what keeper doesn't at this level? Such a steady and confident keeper with his box.

41 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Love when this comes up on here tbh, happens regularly.

Some folk genuinely seem to think defending teams wouldn't be able to react in the time the ball would take to travel to the player.

Season rests on Charlie Adam's hamstrings, imo:

W          D            L                 GF      GA         PPG

GP w/Adam       11                              4            3            4                 14        24         1.35

GP* wo/Adam  8                               0            1             7                 3          11            .13

*Includes the two games where he went off in the first half with injury. Both games we were drawn 0-0 when he went off and then went on to lose albeit going ahead at County twice before gifting them the points.

Basically if Adam played every game we'd be fighting it out for 4th through 6th, and if he played no games we'd be looking at the worst season in top flight history.

I realise that we have the transfer window, and the other injured players to return at some point, but even if one has confidence in McPake it is still a tough window to do major surgery and all other teams have the same opportunity to make repairs. So having said that I think if Adam comes back and plays all the games from winter break on out then we'll stay up, if he plays no games we'll be down before we even get to the split and if he plays half the games we'll be walking the tightrope until game 38.

9 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Mr Thomson our stadium manager has set a precedent today with the stewards/Police chucking the young laddie, aged about 10, out for lighting the pyrotechnic. Looking for the same level of stewarding etc for the away end when the 2 cheeks come to town 👍

Nah, I don't think that was anything to do with the pyro, that young lad called the Bobby over, then walked away with him.

Don't know what happened in the second half in the Derry. Bit of a carry on then 2 guys were chucked out with a heap of folk singing 'cheerio' to them.

11 hours ago, LM_0803 said:

It’s every single team that do this not just Dundee , Big Ally Donaldson was on the friends of DFC page on Facebook going on about it a few months ago , he just can’t get his head around why every single team do it , from Rangers to Kelty  hearts all do it , Feck nose why 

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Nah, I don't think that was anything to do with the pyro, that young lad called the Bobby over, then walked away with him.

Don't know what happened in the second half in the Derry. Bit of a carry on then 2 guys were chucked out with a heap of folk singing 'cheerio' to them.

I think when the Police were coming into the Derry the young laddie just owned up to it. Don’t see them piling into the away fans for this kind of stuff.

Hearts fans in The Derry.