All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Vontae and Rudden look good, nothing else to say, that's not been said before.

Thank you.

Yeah, that's two points dropped tonight against a poor team, whereas Perth was a completely uninspiring stalemate last week.

Unsurprisingly poor transfer window by our current manager, however full praise tonight to Cammy Kerr again at LB as we are obviously incapable of sourcing one, and indeed to all our back line including Ledzdins who seldom appeared troubled.  

If Leigh Griffiths cannot even support his good mate on a potentially high octane match such as this, he can GTF imho.

Nowt changed, the only route forward is the removal of the current management team.

Continue as is, we will be relegated, fact!

Regards

Didn't mind that. Improvements in the team with the new RB & Rudden. Certainly better than what we had before.

Also like Niall McGinn - clear he doesn't have pace anymore and his first touch sometimes ran away from him a bit, but having him on allowed Luke McCowan run against some tired legs and he'll be a very good option to utilise.

St Johnstone winning, despite putting us bottom, means that one of the pack just out of our reach right now doesn't run away from us further and extend the gap to 11 points. That's only a positive if you think we have the capability to overturn an 8 point defecit though. I'm not sure we have that ability tbh.

It's looking bleak but there's certainly some positives from what was two very poor teams. United seem very fortunate that they had an absolutely excellent first quarter or they'd be down slugging it out with us.

1 minute ago, This Charming Man said:

Yeah, that's two points dropped tonight against a poor team, whereas Perth was a completely uninspiring stalemate last week.

Unsurprisingly poor transfer window by our current manager, however full praise tonight to Cammy Kerr again at LB as we are obviously incapable of sourcing one, and indeed to all our back line including Ledzdins who seldom appeared troubled.  

If Leigh Griffiths cannot even support his good mate on a potentially high octane match such as this, he can GTF imho.

Nowt changed, the only route forward is the removal of the current management team.

Regards

Yeah if Griffiths can’t sign a short term deal today to help us out then he can f**k off imo. A decent striker and we win that game easily. Surely we’ll bring in a striker or 2 that are out of contract. 

Regards

Can’t argue with any of that, sadly. Griffiths has played us for fools and has particularly let his mate down over the last few months and especially right now.

Full effort was there tonight, but still feels as if we're already relegated. A lot will have to change on the pitch in order to change that feeling.

Decent making of a squad for Jack Ross in the Championship next season at least... oh who am I kidding, McPake’s never going anywhere.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Whit? Cause he sliced 2 kicks? Siegrist done that about 4 times.

And threw things out in dangerous area , the one with Kerr sticks out the most wtf was he thinking

siegrist I couldn’t give a flying monkey about, the more he does that the happier I am

Just now, D TOTAL said:

And threw things out in dangerous area , the one with Kerr sticks out the most wtf was he thinking

siegrist I couldn’t give a flying monkey about, the more he does that the happier I am

I've no idea what you're talking about. Didn't have any dodgy throws IMO.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've no idea what you're talking about. Didn't have any dodgy throws IMO.

The one specific one I’m talking about it went from keeper to 1 metere behind Kerr , Kerr luckily got to it and megged the striker and got it away.. pretty mental stuff

7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Yeah if Griffiths can’t sign a short term deal today to help us out then he can f**k off imo. A decent striker and we win that game easily. Surely we’ll bring in a striker or 2 that are out of contract. 

You know what, I can't help but feel the current shambolic management team is the reason our club had an overwhelming number of refusals when approaching potential signings over the last month.

We can only speculate if the same could be said if it were Jack Ross approaching playing targets for our club.

Again, only my opinion.  

7 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

You know what, I can't help but feel the current shambolic management team is the reason our club had an overwhelming number of refusals when approaching potential signings over the last month.

We can only speculate if the same could be said if it were Jack Ross approaching playing targets for our club.

Again, only my opinion.  

Said this myself a week or two back. 

Can't ever recall so many players with stagnated careers and such seemingly being uninterested in getting regular football. Something stinks at Dens, and it isn't the catering.

Not just that, but I saw a few in this thread who were furious at Jakubiak being given a new deal. I don't think it's been realised that without giving him a new contract he could have point-blank refused to go on loan to Partick and we would not have got Rudden in as a result. It doesn't really say much for the professionalism at Dens that we're looking at wasters like Griffiths, and having to dish out new contracts in order to motivate our own players to actually play some football.

Edited by Boo Khaki

11 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Ledzgins for me tonight gets very little praise, the very little he had to do tonight he did very poorly 

Got to agree with this, it seems with each game he's losing more and more praise/confidence.

The throw out to Cammy you've mentioned was pretty poor, but he's also far too slow at getting out for balls over the defence - there were at least two last night where he hesitated and panicked before eventually coming forward for it. He takes too long to with everything he does and has no sense of urgency. IMO he needs a few weeks on the bench to get it sorted. 

Defensively I thought we were fairly solid (ignoring some slack play out from the back at this point).  

Just no fire power at all.  The outcome with Cummings didnt surprise me. A guy with an unmanageable ego.  Doesnt appear to have been a queue of Scottish clubs lining up to grab him, pretty much as I expected.

Griffiths seems the only option left. 

Thought Rudden looked decent. New boy from Leicester looks good but also thought McGhee was good....why was he not played there before? looks a better rb than Cammy or Elliott. Cammy was solid at LB and seems to play better there these days than the other side. Sweeney probably our MOTM. We're sorely still lacking the quality to create any real clear cut chances.

Thought we lost the impetus after change of formation.

Edited by Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll

14 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Said this myself a week or two back. 

Can't ever recall so many players with stagnated careers and such seemingly being uninterested in getting regular football. Something stinks at Dens, and it isn't the catering.

Not just that, but I saw a few in this thread who were furious at Jakubiak being given a new deal. I don't think it's been realised that without giving him a new contract he could have point-blank refused to go on loan to Partick and we would not have got Rudden in as a result. It doesn't really say much for the professionalism at Dens that we're looking at wasters like Griffiths, and having to dish out new contracts in order to motivate our own players to actually play some football.

At least you can put Jakubiak's fitness issues down to bad luck with injuries, rather than just being fat and negligently pishing over your own career. I think he deserves a fair shot. 

20 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

At least you can put Jakubiak's fitness issues down to bad luck with injuries, rather than just being fat and negligently pishing over your own career. I think he deserves a fair shot. 

Yeah, I don't have any issue with Jakubiak in terms of his attitude, it was just a comment on the fact that it's clear because of the timing of the new contract that it's a pacifier to convince him to go on loan to Partick. It could well be that Dundee absolutely view Jakubiak as a part of the squad going forward and had every intention of offering him a new deal anyway, but what it actually looks like is that they weren't all that bothered, but renewed him as a means to an end to get the Rudden deal done. It's also possible that Jakubiak just refused point blank to go, and the new deal came in the aftermath of that refusal, which doesn't paint a particularly glowing picture of the environment at Dens

The reason for my scepticism is because it smells a bit similar to the farcical situation with Declan McDaid. It's been crystal clear for over a year that the management just don't see him as part of the squad, they've even been willing to loan him out to League One sides, yet every window comes and goes and he's still there, sat on the bench last night. 

The apparent unwillingness of players to contemplate coming to Dens, combined with the seeming reluctance of unwanted ones to leave (or the clubs inability to get rid of them), tends to make me think that it's probably not well thought of as a place of work and that reputation is pretty widely held.

Edited by Boo Khaki