All things Dundee FC

13 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Imagine getting a knockback from that fat mess. Won't be hard for most of you right enough.

Dry your eyes m8. We're taking your best defender and that's the end of it.

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Screenshot_2022-02-03-18-10-29-55_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.cb603edbf6742c974ab7a94425958b9e.jpg

I can remember us playing a Champions league qualifier against Rosenborg  with no striker and Cifti wasnt even on the bench despite him not being injured. I was a totally miffed and and a bit annoyed as to why then I saw him waddling on in a friendly against Sunderland a week later and he was ridiculously overweight for a supposed athlete. Its no wonder Deila was pulling his hair out over player diets with having Ciftci and Griffiths hoovering up the canteen.

56 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Looks like the hamstring was having to support a fair bit if weight in that photo.  No wonder it pinged.

Yeah, a total waste of money. Wonderful.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

4 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Just read on the BBC Sport that St Mirren are wanting to sign Leigh Griffiths now and James McPake still hasn't ruled out a return to Dens Park.

Our James is quoted as saying we offered him an appearance based contract which "Griffiths has decided against or is mulling it over so we shall see".

No we won't see James, have some dignity man.

What a shite state of affairs, embarrassing!

Regards  

If he couldn’t sign a short term deal to play on Tuesday he can gtf in my humble opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

If he couldn’t sign a short term deal to play on Tuesday he can gtf in my humble opinion. 

Agree 100% my man, yet there he was on Tuesday evening in front of the Main Stand courting attention as if he gave a Friar Tuck.

Griffiths' potential finances for the rest of the season were always a consideration for McPake in our transfer window dealings. Yet here we are having had the piss taken out of the club with his unprofessional conduct, on and off the pitch, yet most damning of all, taking the piss from his friend and manager. 

Yet, James McPake still sits by his phone awaiting his call.

Pathetic.

12 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Sam Fisher back out to Forfar until the end of the season, so that would suggest the Ibsen-Rossi loan has been completed.

If we sign Rossi,

That will be a full back, a centre half, a striker, a centre mid and a winger. We asked on here before the transfer window that we definitely needed a FB, CH and ST, we have possibly strengthened where we desperately needed it most.

Taking the amount of time wasted out the equation, do you all feel better or worse after the incomings/outgoings?

I think the squad is stronger albeit light upfront.

Squad was nowhere near good enough to stay in the Premiership at the start of January, and I thought we needed at least one, possibly two 'impact' players that could have the sort of effect on our season that signing McMullan did at this point last year. Fair enough, every player we brought in might be a slight improvement on what was here before, but I can't see that being enough. We needed a guy that was going to create half-a-dozen goals above and beyond what the remainder of the squad will manage between now and May, and a guy who was going to put those chances and a few others away, and I can't see McGinn and Rudden having that magnitude of impact. Sorry.

If we had been promoted with the squad as it is now, and the entire league was starting all over on 0 points, I'd still have us as solid joint-favourites for relegation.

If we sign Rossi,
That will be a full back, a centre half, a striker, a centre mid and a winger. We asked on here before the transfer window that we definitely needed a FB, CH and ST, we have possibly strengthened where we desperately needed it most.
Taking the amount of time wasted out the equation, do you all feel better or worse after the incomings/outgoings?
I think the squad is stronger albeit light upfront.

Agreed. Lack of numbers up front. We’ve got rid of 2 wasters and one unproven, perpetually injured player though. We’ll need a few breaks but we’re not totally fucked yet.