All things Dundee FC

29 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think it's the obvious tactical errors, playing guys out of position constantly, from Cummings on the wing to McCowan in centre mid. Every fan at Dens can see these bizarre line ups and nobody sees the sense in them. Add the rumours of players taking their girlfriends to training, texting players at night to tell them how shite they are, the Griffiths will he/won't he fannying around, the Cummings fall out leading to us losing our top goal scorer for nothing, using the last hours of transfer deadline day to address issues that should have been sorted a month earlier, the amount of players knocking us back...the list of failures is huge.

I don't think we have had such a tactically inept manager, with so little scouting ability, he has very little connections in the game and has done nothing to develop this, although he can 'pick up the phone' to WGS anytime.

It's a farce.

He has no man management skills, no tactical prowess and no scouting ability. But yet he is in charge of one of the biggest clubs in Scotland with a decent budget. The mind boggles.

Supposedly an unplanned board meeting has been called for tonight as he was at it again last night whilst on the sauce - also sent them to other mates in football who’ve passed it onto the players. 

1 minute ago, EH6 DEE said:

Supposedly an unplanned board meeting has been called for tonight as he was at it again last night whilst on the sauce - also sent them to other mates in football who’ve passed it onto the players. 

Funny you say that, I've heard a rumour that he is gone tonight.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I'm not saying that McGinn should have been put in there at all, I was just responding to @Ludo*1, as to why it was suggested a couple of weeks ago.

I think it would have been more sensible putting one of the other 4 centre mids on the bench on.

Totally agree, think McGinn is a waste of money considering the contract length, also what's the point signing the Canadian? It's all a pile of shite.

10 minutes ago, EH6 DEE said:

Hang on, McPake has been doing this!? Explains a lot…

Not believing that he's been texting players and that it's been spreading. That sort of stuff would leak online if anyone was unhappy with the content. Same as the Legzdins rumour which turned out to be nonsense.

This sort of stuff always comes out as a team are going through a bad spell. He needs to go regardless. Hope the meeting tonight is true though.

I thought McPake only got the job on the basis he had an experienced assistant beside him. How long did Jimmy Nicholl last before we ended up with an assistant just as inexperienced as McPake? Not that things were much better when Jimmy Nicholl was here mind you.

3 minutes ago, K.T said:

I thought McPake only got the job on the basis he had an experienced assistant beside him. How long did Jimmy Nicholl last before we ended up with an assistant just as inexperienced as McPake? Not that things were much better when Jimmy Nicholl was here mind you.

Think that was the excuse for knocking back Goodwin as well.

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Think that was the excuse for knocking back Goodwin as well.

Excuses is what it is. Just shows the club have no real strategy and are full of shite. Let’s not forget Nelms scouring the Earth for the right manager who was required to fit a very specific criteria and then someone who was already an employee of the club just happened to fit that criteria. Load of shite.