All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, K.T said:

Is Strachan still at Dens? Can see him being in Nelms’ ear saying McPake will come good and managers don’t get enough time these days.

I do enjoy this building reputation of Strachan as a wee supervillain whispering decisions into Nelms' ear to send us to oblivion.

In my mind he practically does nothing with the first team, and it's dreamer Nelms who's fully to blame for the longterm complacency towards being utter pish.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Strachan has revamped the youth plans and is on call to advise any of the youth coaches and our manager. He does this unpaid (AFAIK) and wants nothing to do with first team matters unless McPake asks him. That's the extent of his role and it always has been this way. Dunno why he always gets dragged into it.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I do enjoy this building reputation of Strachan as a wee supervillain whispering decisions into Nelms' ear to send us to oblivion.

In my mind he practically does nothing with the first team, and it's dreamer Nelms who's fully to blame for the longterm complacency towards being utter pish.

Yep, swanning around in his fancy bmw with his glamorous wife.

Strachan wasn't at Dens when McPake was given the job, I don't think. 

It was just before WGS was appointed but he was clearly talking to McPake and Nelms.

I must apologise for my amalgamation outburst. Just completely fucked off with this crap. I watched my brother give up 25 years ago and I never thought I’d get to this point but there’s zero enjoyment in this, zero entertainment, just zero everything. I’ll probably continue to buy a season ticket etc, I want the club to continue to exist but f**k sake.
Special mention for fucking me off is signings like Dorrans and Adam. I accept that Adam hasn’t been a complete disaster but who could we have signed with that money as an alternative, someone who can run as well as pass perhaps. I see him and his condition and it just seems like a piss take.

It was just before WGS was appointed but he was clearly talking to McPake and Nelms.

I must apologise for my amalgamation outburst. Just completely fucked off with this crap. I watched my brother give up 25 years ago and I never thought I’d get to this point but there’s zero enjoyment in this, zero entertainment, just zero everything. I’ll probably continue to buy a season ticket etc, I want the club to continue to exist but f**k sake.
Special mention for fucking me off is signings like Dorrans and Adam. I accept that Adam hasn’t been a complete disaster but who could we have signed with that money as an alternative, someone who can run as well as pass perhaps. I see him and his condition and it just seems like a piss take.

Between Adam and the nick Griffiths was in before he fucked off to piss about on another club's coin. Genuinely ridiculous [emoji23]

20 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Between Adam and the nick Griffiths was in before he fucked off to piss about on another club's coin. Genuinely ridiculous emoji23.png

If we're going to be honest then Charlie looks like he should be playing in a pub team, I reckon I could run faster and I'm mid fifties with a hip replacement. Still love him though. The sexy baldy bassa.

Thank you.

I understand the Charlie love in and he undoubtedly made the squad what it was last year but with the brown nosing of the rangers and his propensity for drink driving he can frankly get in the bin with McPake.

Gowser too should have stopped getting contract extensions a few years ago. 

Need to stop the paly paly crap and start acting like professionals. The unprofessional behaviour has been at the club for years and has never changed because some key personnel haven't.

It's sport. It's business. Not a clubhouse.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Falkirk will still not crack the top 4.

Just posted this in the Falkirk thread:

Good luck with that one.  Turned us down because we were offering an 'incentive' based deal which easily could have made him the highest paid player at the club if he got his act together and shed the weight. He's not the same player, even for League One level unfortunately. We kept chasing the dream that he'd finally knuckle down, but he couldn't give a f**k unfortunately. Cracking set piece mind.

You'll be throwing him a decent wedge. You'll be thankful it's only until the end of the season unless a miraculous lightbulb has suddenly went off. It's a shame because you can see glimpses of talent with the odd bit of control etc, but he just doesn't move and gets muscled off the ball. Even pretty anonymous against Dumbarton.

I wanted him to stay as I was desperate for him to come good and he could easily still be one of the best strikers in Scotland but he was just choosing to be a lazy, fat c**t.

I'm really disappointed he never managed to turn it around.

Mentioned it in our thread the other day when I'd clocked folk on Steelmen Online seemingly being genuine in suggesting we have a look at him but there's heavy shades of Ross McCormack pitching up at Fir Park a couple of years ago with Griffiths' stint with you guys.

McCormack only managed 4 brief appearances before he disappeared with a "calf injury" but it was genuinely disappointing the way it panned out, especially as we ended up being a lot of fun for the rest of that season. If he'd got it together it'd have been a good laugh.

Edited by capt_oats

I say this genuinely, League One is probably about his level these days, so he might end up getting on alright.

With all the issues he has off the field it might be a good move for him to drop to a level where he might stand out and enjoy himself.