All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Girth said:

I'm starting to warm to turkey face after initially fuming...mainly thanks to the input from Motherwell fans...

This is as long as he keeps us up this season and IS NOT given the job long term. 

Thank you.  

I should probably have caveated that big daft post by saying that given the context it still seems a fucking mental appointment and I don't think it gives any guarantees but there's definitely a [quiet voice] he might actually do alright [/quiet voice] aspect.

Fwiw, here's Moult speaking a bit about McGhee on Open Goal.

You feel these words will not help McGhee...

"Gordon was batting for me but there were other people."

It's naive to suggest the friendship between them wouldn't have some effect, but he's "saying the quiet bit, out loud" there.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

I'm starting to warm to turkey face after initially fuming...mainly thanks to the input from Motherwell fans...

This is as long as he keeps us up this season and IS NOT given the job long term. 

Thank you.  

You've got to think that if he keeps you up he will keep the job otherwise there's nothing much in it for him. 

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I think he will keep us up tbh. I think we could even shitfest our way to avoiding the playoffs.

But for the love of god, don't give him his own transfer window, he is not a long term solution.

This is the kind of vibe I get from the Motherwell fans thoughts on him.

That couldn't be further from his style. He's so arrogant that his approach is more along the lines of "one way or another, someone's getting pumped here". Even if his team is 3-0 down at half-time, he still fully believes he can send his side out to win 7-3. Of course, that has a tendency to just become losing 5-1, or 6-0, or 7-1.

His first season with us in his first spell, the amount of games we were 2 or 3 nil up after 10/15 minutes was mind-boggling. His whole approach was to have the game won and out of sight in the first quarter of the game.

Edited by Al B

“We’re not even thinking about the future.

“I’m a big person who is always thinking about and working towards the future.

“Right now, the future is us staying in the league and that is the task in hand.”

John Nelms everyone.

Edited by Ludo*1

22 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

You've got to think that if he keeps you up he will keep the job otherwise there's nothing much in it for him. 

Knowing Nelms he'll offer some sort of 20 year deal if he keeps us up.

27 minutes ago, Ric said:

You feel these words will not help McGhee...

"Gordon was batting for me but there were other people."

It's naive to suggest the friendship between them wouldn't have some effect, but he's "saying the quiet bit, out loud" there.

I actually admire this. Like why hide it? It's obvious. He didn't meet Nelms at pizza express.

17 minutes ago, Girth said:

Knowing Nelms he'll offer some sort of 20 year deal if he keeps us up.

It'd be vintage Nelms to have had McPake on a one year rolling contract for almost 3 seasons then to turn around and give the next permanent manager something absurd like a 5-6 year deal.

18 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

I actually admire this. Like why hide it? It's obvious. He didn't meet Nelms at pizza express.

Without wishing to second guess the Dundee fans, I feel their opinion on that comes down to which side of the fence they are with Strachan.

Good luck to Mutley and Dundee, I really hope he makes a good fist of it. 

I'll admit that his time with us was an unmitigated disaster, but I'll also concede that I really wanted him to be our manager and I was gutted that it didn't work out.

I still can't bring myself to hate him.

Yours

aDONis