All things Dundee FC

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

TBF, apart from some batshit things, he has had some really good achievements in Management.

Took Motherwell from the relegation zone to Europe, gave Brighton their highest finish in 14 years, got promotion with Millwall and Brighton. 

Sorry, just trying to look for positives 

He left us in an absolute mess getting thrashed game after game, totally lost the plot and spent more time trying to get into arguments. Robinson came in and saved us from certain relegation.

22 minutes ago, Yorky said:

He left us in an absolute mess getting thrashed game after game, totally lost the plot and spent more time trying to get into arguments. Robinson came in and saved us from certain relegation.

I know all this.

As I stated, just trying to look for positives. He did save you from relegation twice and took you into Europe.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

I know all this.

As I stated, just trying to look for positives. He did save you from relegation twice and took you into Europe.

Actually only once.

Malpas got the full season in 06/07 and we binned him after he finished 10th. What is true is that he pretty much took the same squad, finished 3rd and turned them into one of the best sides we've seen in the past 30 odd years.

As you say, we were 10th when he took over from Baraclough and finished 5th.

Fwiw, this is the league that season from when he took over on 13th October.

1981303219_ScreenShot2022-02-18at08_42_22.thumb.png.211f652106b8e7c8367ddb612ebc02fb.png

I should probably add that the goal difference is massively skewed by the fact that we lost 6-0 against Hearts on 16th January and 7-0 against Celtic on the last day of the season when pretty much our entire XI just turned up wearing their flip-flops as we couldn't finish any higher or lower than 5th.

Edited by capt_oats

I think Iv went through the 3 stages finished my anger stage Iv hit acceptance 

mark McGhee manager of the year 2022 if he pulls a rabbit out his arse and we finished 10 or above

Spoiler

Hate saying I’d settle for 11th but I don’t believe we’d beat whoever in the playoffs 

6 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I think Iv went through the 3 stages finished my anger stage Iv hit acceptance 

mark McGhee manager of the year 2022 if he pulls a rabbit out his arse and we finished 10 or above

Reveal hidden contents

Hate saying I’d settle for 11th but I don’t believe we’d beat whoever in the playoffs 

I doubt he'd be able to pull a hare out of his arse

The 6 game touchline ban.  I see McGee comments regarding this 

McGhee said of his ban: "It won't be any problem, it really won't. We have a guy on the bench, Simon Rusk, with Dave Mackay, who are well capable of marshalling the troops from the side. We have communication methods these days, mic'd up and phones of course."

You are not allowed to do this during a touchline ban.

A Touchline Suspension is a ban from any immediate contact with players, club officials and match officials participating in a match for the duration of the match

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Just watched his interview on Sky Sports News, and when he was asked if Dundee could stay in the Premiership he said, “I think the players can keep them up...”. Obviously doesn’t realise he is now supposed to be a part of Dundee FC.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Thank you for your concern for a club you don’t follow.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Ok Mr Smarty Pants, where have I ever said that I have no interest in Dundee? I spent my teenage years living in Dundee through the seventies and developed a liking for Dundee, mainly because that was the team followed by most of my friends at the time. I like to see them doing reasonably well. Apology accepted.

56 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

The 6 game touchline ban.  I see McGee comments regarding this 

You are not allowed to do this during a touchline ban.

A Touchline Suspension is a ban from any immediate contact with players, club officials and match officials participating in a match for the duration of the match

Please don't tell him. Hopefully he will do it on Sunday, then get indefinitely suspended from all football activities for a year or so. (Cue snarky comment from Granny Danger about that meaning he can still manage Dundee etc...)

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I don't know if I'm going to get over how much of a crapshoot this is. Literally Nelms has gone with the first person suggested to him. He really does the stereotype of Americans no favours.

I think it will probably work, in the short term.

One of the many things I didn't like about yesterday's press conference was that McGhee kept going on about long term, please do not give this c**t any transfer window of his own.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think it will probably work, in the short term.

One of the many things I didn't like about yesterday's press conference was that McGhee kept going on about long term, please do not give this c**t any transfer window of his own.

If it works and we stay up, I fully believe he gets a 3-year deal. If it doesn't work... he'll get a 1-year deal.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

If it works and we stay up, I fully believe he gets a 3-year deal. If it doesn't work... he'll get a 1-year deal.

I dunno like.

Nelms really didn't look happy with his appointment yesterday, I think he has had nothing to do with this. Once Nelms gets back in Keyes circle of trust, I think McGhee and Strachan will be out the door.

42 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I must admit RBFD you made me laugh out loud with that one………and then I remembered it’s Nelms you were talking about and it could well happen.

Glad John Nelms' kept it uncomfortably and embarrassingly brief during the press conference yesterday.

Best to let the fans think your an idiot than remove all doubt completely I say.

Twelve months severance salary to his son James McPake as a thank you for 32 months of mediocrity and then temporary four month contracts to two failures in lower league English football, one of which by his own admission is too old for the training side of things and indeed is banned from his place of work for the first six match-days.

None of this reserve judgement pish from me I'm afraid, these appointments should never have happened in the first place. James McPake should have gone a long time before, however this is in my opinion is a massive opportunity lost to positively build for the future.

Tim Keyes, it is a football club you own, not a stand up comedy act.

Regards as always.