All things Dundee FC

Feel free to put this in the heads gone thread, but I'm beyond fucking done with Dundee.

McPake was a useless c**t of a manager. He was here far beyond what was acceptable by any standard.

He won his last two games and then we took action. That to anyone would imply they had already made their mind up long ago and we're looking at the options.

Did they actually look? Of course they fucking didn't because they've gone and picked Mark McGhee our of every available manager in the country. A "manager" with a 6 game ban who doesn't even know who the fucking club captain is.

Nelms and co can simply f**k off and once they get there f**k off some more. Gordon Strachan can also get in the Tay. Nothing short of absolute contempt for us.

Edited by Crawford

7 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I can’t even say I’m that bothered.  It’s not as if we have spent the money sensibly under Nelms.

In fact back in the days when we were hopelessly poor I just liked us more. 

Fair enough I suppose, but for me this is just the epitome of how far I feel from the club, and especially with the rising living costs I've decided the club's not worth what I am giving. It's merely a drop in the river for them, but it's important to me.

Tin hat on….listened to his 20 minute interview today and he’s not spouting any p!sh promising this, that or the other. He’s just being straight to the point and saying there wont be a lack of effort or commitment on his part.

I’ve not had that sickening feeling to the pit of my stomach like when McIntyre got the job. Perhaps that’s because I’ve got used to the idea of McGhee being our manager 1 day from the moment Strachan got involved with the club. Imo he done a great job at Motherwell and Reading, a good job at Wolves and had a shocker at Aberdeen but granted all a long time ago now. 

Thank f**k McPake got punted. Never a manager at this point in his career but he had the club’s best wishes at heart and was someone I wanted to succeed. Also thank f**k we’ve actually gone for a very experienced manager for once. c**t seek of guy’s cutting their managerial teeth at a full time club at our club. Imo we won’t catch 10, the squad assembled under McPake is hopelessly unbalanced, 2 fit strikers at the club FFS. We can maintain 11th but need a striker or 2 brought in. He’ll have a huge list of contacts within the game to help this out if given the money. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Tin hat on….listened to his 20 minute interview today and he’s not spouting any p!sh promising this, that or the other. He’s just being straight to the point and saying there wont be a lack of effort or commitment on his part.

He's not though is he? He's blethering a lot of old shite hoping we'll accept it. Talking about doing his homework, studying the team, watching loads of games, focusing on set pieces yet doesn't even know who wears the armband.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's not though is he? He's blethering a lot of old shite hoping we'll accept it. Talking about doing his homework, studying the team, watching loads of games, focusing on set pieces yet doesn't even know who wears the armband.

He’s not tho. He fully expected Charlie to be captain. He’s also intends on being no one’s pal other than the coach’s and not signing his pals. 

The Motherwell fans seem to back up my opinion of his time at club. He’ll take no prisoners which we need. 

8 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

He’s not tho. He fully expected Charlie to be captain. He’s also intends on being no one’s pal other than the coach’s and not signing his pals. 

The Motherwell fans seem to back up my opinion of his time at club. He’ll take no prisoners which we need. 

Probably doesn't plan on being their pals because he doesn't plan on being at training for the majority of the week like the set-up he had at Motherwell.

We've appointed a man that doesn't have a better win record than McPake for a club since he managed Millwall in 2003 (he was sacked by them) and they were in the fourth tier of English football.

He actively brought up the point that he's been sacked 6 times in his career as manager. He's managed 9 clubs in his career. Of the three clubs that didn't punt him, Motherwell did the second time round. The other two? The most modern of those 2 spells ended in 1994.

Since then he's been considered Aberdeen's worst ever manager (but statistically only the second worst in their history), sacked in his last job where he was managing in the league below the Conference, and we employ him as the man to save us with 13 games remaining and he's banned for 6 of them.

Finally, I don't know if it'll be the same set-up at Dens, but at Motherwell he was effectively a part-time manager that didn't even turn up to training for half the week as he still lives in Brighton. It worked at Motherwell whilst he had Stephen Robinson as assistant but fell to pieces when he had James McFadden. Luckily for us, we'll have another manager that was sacked in the English conference and has fans from his previous team coming here to tell us how bad he was to sort us out during the week and train us in the Man City way.

Excuse me for being absolutely flabbergasted.

ETA: I'll be fair, it was 1995 that he was last at a team that never punted him, not 1994.

Edited by Ludo*1

13 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Nice lamps though.

C3B0C450-6A4D-4D35-AB1D-77E6392ADBA9.jpeg

Looks like the set of a 90's British sitcom.

I've no idea whether he will do well or not, but my first reaction was that this would be good for us in the relegation battle vs Dundee. That said, there is a lot of experience there and I'm sure he'd not be at 'matey' with some of the players, which may be good for Dundee. 

Feel for McPake though. Has a feel that this has all be agreed behind the scenes and he was the last to know. 

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We've appointed a man that doesn't have a better win record than McPake for a club since he managed Millwall in 2003 (he was sacked by them) and they were in the fourth tier of English football.

He actively brought up the point that he's been sacked 6 times in his career as manager. He's managed 9 clubs in his career. Of the three clubs that didn't punt him, Motherwell did the second time round. The other two? The most modern of those 2 spells ended in 1994.

Since then he's been considered Aberdeen's worst ever manager (but statistically only the second worst in their history), sacked in his last job where he was managing in the league below the Conference, and we employ him as the man to save us with 13 games remaining and he's banned for 6 of them.

Finally, I don't know if it'll be the same set-up at Dens, but at Motherwell he was effectively a part-time manager that didn't even turn up to training for half the week as he still lives in Brighton. It worked at Motherwell whilst he had Stephen Robinson as assistant but fell to pieces when he had James McFadden. Luckily for us, we'll have another manager that was sacked in the English conference and has fans from his previous team coming here to tell us how bad he was to sort us out during the week and train us in the Man City way.

Excuse me for being absolutely flabbergasted.

ETA: I'll be fair, it was 1995 that he was last at a team that never punted him, not 1994.

Virtually every manager gets punted Ludo. The guy’s in his 60s, of course he’s going to have lost his job. Aberdeen I’ve never really followed but I’d hazard a guess Glass and Skovdahl will have been far worse than McGhee. Aberdeen fans aren’t really worth listening too. They chased a very good manager out of their club and got their comeuppance. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Virtually every manager gets punted Ludo. The guy’s in his 60s, of course he’s going to have lost his job. Aberdeen I’ve never really followed but I’d hazard a guess Glass and Skovdahl will have been far worse than McGhee. Aberdeen fans aren’t really worth listening too. They chased a very good manager out of their club and got their comeuppance. 

No, neither anywhere near worse than McGhee. In fact, I might be wrong if Wiki is correct, he might even have a worse record than Alex Miller although that conflicts with what I'd looked at. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Aberdeen_F.C._managers

My point about him losing his job is that he's been a perennial loser since the early 90s and one purple season with Motherwell.