All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did you guys ever have Jack Hamilton and Elliot Parish at the same time?

Plenty rumours that's the 2 keepers we're running with this season 😂

Yeah, they were signed at the same time. Neil McCann spent 100k on Hamilton and signed Parish as his back-up. Parish was solidified as our number 1 up until the point McCann was punted.

McIntyre came in and gave both a game or two, but went with Parish until he could sign Seny Dieng in the January window.

McPake dropped Dieng & Parish in his one off game at the end of that season in favour of Hamilton and he chucked in another three.

You'd be better off with Lawlor in all seriousness.

Hamilton is the worst keeper we've ever had. I know he's rebuilt his reputation somewhat with Morton but from his first game to his last, he was an absolute, utter nightmare.

Parish was a considerably better keeper. Not even close.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did you guys ever have Jack Hamilton and Elliot Parish at the same time?

Plenty rumours that's the 2 keepers we're running with this season 😂

Wtf Is That Confused GIF - Wtf Is That Confused GIFs

eta. Ho Ho.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Parish was a considerably better keeper. Not even close.

Yeah, this was my worry. Hamilton will be first choice to start with if he joins though.

We've just chucked a wedge at Andy Considine to replace McCart too, so aye, we'll probably be passing each other next Summer.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, this was my worry. Hamilton will be first choice to start with if he joins though.

We've just chucked a wedge at Andy Considine to replace McCart too, so aye, we'll probably be passing each other next Summer.

Got that slightly wrong, Parish was signed the season before as back-up to Bain. Hamilton was signed to replace Bain and Parish as number one. The rest still stands.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF, I think Considine can still do a job when fit. Easily Aberdeen's best CH imo.

28 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Unpopular opinions thread n' all that. But I find the old Admiral kit fuckin' horrific..

37A0A76E-9EBB-40FC-BEC7-8B686500ECED.jpeg.5a0b367ad4716d898db1176f73bcf407.jpeg.jpg.188e7fe420b40bd606e19006bd774f42.jpg

You're right, it was awful.

We did beat Celtic 5-1 wearing it though. 

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

TBF, I think Considine can still do a job when fit. Easily Aberdeen's best CH imo.

He's not played 90 minutes since August and broke down with the same injury last time he did play.

He's done, and we've just chucked a 2yr deal at him.

Fixtures out tomorrow. I always like to start with an away game; you usually get a decent following and people are right up for it after the off season.

Preferences in order:

Arbroath Away
Cove Away
Raith Away

I'd also be happy with getting one of the Diddy teams at home such at the Morten for an easy whipping before travelling to a ground on match day two still in high hopes.

Don't think I've ever been overly pleased with what we've been giving as an opening game so I'll predict an underwhelming Partick/Ayr at home.

Thank you.

58 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Fixtures out tomorrow. I always like to start with an away game; you usually get a decent following and people are right up for it after the off season.

Preferences in order:

Arbroath Away
Cove Away
Raith Away

I'd also be happy with getting one of the Diddy teams at home such at the Morten for an easy whipping before travelling to a ground on match day two still in high hopes.

Don't think I've ever been overly pleased with what we've been giving as an opening game so I'll predict an underwhelming Partick/Ayr at home.

Thank you.

Would like Cove away first (but agree the other two options you picked would be fine too), but we will end up going to Hamilton or Ayr, just to ensure we realise that we are in the diddy leagues…

They're both absolutely gorgeous.

Not sure if I like the away up close as it looks like someone has just went mental with a light blue felt tip but initial reaction is that I love it.

I like a wee dash of red on our home kits too but that home is lovely. Top notch.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

They're both absolutely gorgeous.

Not sure if I like the away up close as it looks like someone has just went mental with a light blue felt tip but initial reaction is that I love it.

I like a wee dash of red on our home kits too but that home is lovely. Top notch.

I can't decide whether the away is a fantastic take on the Argentina-style away kits of previous seasons, or just plain fucking mental. Home kit looks tremendous. 

5 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Would love to see a direct copy of this classic......

1f2497d7e09a9f8a1ffbbad44ab68e5c.jpg

Thank you.

49 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

image.thumb.png.3448be8edb42881350b82f0a4c050150.png

Not far off with the home kit. 

I like both.