All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

My argument was not that they are unable to intervene, but that there is no justification for them to intervene.

You said:

I can't see under what rules the SPFL board could possibly intervene here.

To which the answer is “I27”. 

You’re welcome.  

56 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

If they do go up, their home ground is Lesser Hampden since they pocketed the SFA dosh and subsequently turned pro and relinquished the playing rights to Hampden. If your suggestion is correct that they won’t use Lesser Hampden for the top flight, there are plenty grounds around Glasgow to use. 

Difficult to define Lesser as our home ground when we haven't played a single game there yet. I also highly doubt that there was anything in the Hampden sale that stated we can never play there again if both parties agree to it, given we already did twice this season.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

To sum up:

If they have the intention of selling these tickets to home fans, then that's fair enough.

If they usually give teams a limited allocation and leave the rest of the stadium empty, that's a bit annoying for Dundee fans but still QP's perogative. Certainly don't expect home fans to be mucked about for our benefit to maximise our support or anything like this. If we were aggrieved at this, this would be Old Firm-y IMO.

If QP are intentionally reducing their normal away allocation with no intention to put home fans in it purely to try and get some form of 'sporting advantage' (as has been suggested in this thread) then that's cowardly and tinpot.

So, to sum that up, if QP determine next Sunday or Monday they won’t get the expected home crowd (they perhaps assumed it would be a  title match) and elect to offer additional tickets to Dundee, it’s all good. If they determine the same and don’t increase the allocation to Dundee, it’s cowardly. So why doesn’t everyone wait till Sunday or Monday to start bitching?

21 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I then paraphrased rule I27 and explained why I didn't feel there was any justification for doing so.

You seem to be struggling to understand the difference between “could” and “should”. 

40 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Difficult to define Lesser as our home ground when we haven't played a single game there yet. I also highly doubt that there was anything in the Hampden sale that stated we can never play there again if both parties agree to it, given we already did twice this season.

Thanks for your input. I hadn’t realised that you’d played at Hampden this season. Such a pity that the last game of the season - before playoffs - will be played at Ochilview then.  

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

At least your team is keeping up the pretence by handing out tickets as opposed to just outright leaving it empty.

Did I miss somewhere that that’s been confirmed? Otherwise, might be best to wait to get all worked up.

Any Dee demanding/suggesting that the game be moved to Hampden so we can get the number of tickets we need is being plain silly and should realise that QP would be handing us an advantage. If QP reduce the normal away allocation and sell tickets to their own support for that area then fair enough. If they reduce the away allocation and don't sell tickets for that section then I think we've every right to feel hard done by.

If the league is won this Saturday (and IMO it won't be) then I'll happily stay in Dundee next Friday and have a party watching the Champions on the box. If it's not then I'll be trying like f**k to get a ticket. As someone else has suggested maybe Dundee should set up an event at Dens so our hard earned money goes into our own club's coffers

Dundee FC is very pleased to announce that, following representations made by the Club, the SPFL Board has determined that Queen’s Park FC is required to at least double our original ticket allocation for next Friday’s fixture at Ochilview to a minimum of 1,000. Whilst this is still considerably less than the expected level of demand, the Club would like to sincerely thank both the SPFL Board and Police Scotland for their prompt and careful consideration of our arguments in the interests of public safety and on behalf of our loyal supporters.

Once tickets are received, the timing of sale arrangements will be announced.

Everyone associated with the Club thanks our supporters for their fantastic backing this season and we encourage supporters who have not already done so to purchase a ticket for our match against Cove Rangers at the Kilmac Stadium tomorrow evening. 

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/further-queens-park-ticket-update/

Edited by Pens_Dark

On 26/04/2023 at 10:20, craigkillie said:

This is very Old Firmy behaviour. I can't see under what rules the SPFL board could possibly intervene here. All the rules require is that a section is set aside for away fans, and that a "reasonable" amount of tickets are sold. Over 10% of the capacity of the stadium is more than reasonable for any game.

What does this idiot know?

This seems like a very slippery slope from the SPFL board though, they're asking Queen's Park to give away 25% of the capacity of the ground for this game.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

This seems like a very slippery slope from the SPFL board though, they're asking Queen's Park to give away 25% of the capacity of the ground for this game.

It's more than that, Ochilview's capacity was capped at around 2.8k when Stenhousemuir played against Rangers so I'd expect that's still the case.

Still, 1000 is less than Dundee would ideally like. Hopefully we can at least match that number of home fans.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They will have a hard time in future games with this precedent set, that is for sure. In my opinion there is a difference in this scenario between a percentage and reasonable allocation.

It is in there interests to make this game look as appealing as possible given it's 'title decider' tag. It is probably their gateway to intervene in the ridiculousness of the old firm away fan allocations as well, so maybe ulterior motives here.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A slippery slope they won't give a f**k about if they can pack the stands at Rugby Park and Tannadice given they have one marketing strategy.