All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Is the Dundee Social Club still cheap bevie? Seems like a good option. 

The last round I got in the Old Bank left me thinking I was buying shares in the place. Robbing c***s.

Thank you.

Pretty much every pub with a bar and a television will have it on. 

I'd suggest the Balmore or the Bowbridge for a more reasonable price on the "cooking lager" and a better bonhomie than "checks notes" The Old Bank bar...

Edited by Big Gus

Thought about getting up super early and queuing for tickets at about 4 or 5 but looks like that's gonna be too late. Drove past Dens and it's absolutely hoaching with cars. No parking spaces. Someone has even brought a camper van.

Fs.

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Thought about getting up super early and queuing for tickets at about 4 or 5 but looks like that's gonna be too late. Drove past Dens and it's absolutely hoaching with cars. No parking spaces. Someone has even brought a camper van.

Fs.

Will be travelling down regardless. Is there anywhere to view the game from outside the ground? 

39 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fs.

Wasn’t even planning to be quite as early as that - seems I’d be better off not bothering.

Back from my suspension.

Thoughts on Friday night - yes it was a shocking performance but Bowyer has to take a majority of the blame for that timid tippy tappy nonsense.  It was clear in the first half that the players had been told to not take on their fullbacks but pass it back. Overplaying the ball way too much and not being direct enough. Too often it was Sweeney and Ashcroft having to play the ball out - a recipe for hoofball. It took us till the last 15/20 minutes to start using the wings. 

Even then, you have to wonder what we do in training because it doesn't look like shooting or crossing - 16 shots and only 4 on target is woeful - and too often the final ball was either overhit or didn't beat the first man.

After the game I was fuming because I knew we were relying on Morton now because I couldn't see us going to QP and winning.

24 hrs later and all changed - I'm more upbeat because I think it's more likely that we can get the result to take us up. We are unbeaten in 10 league games, QP haven't beaten us all season and despite goals drying up we have been pretty solid at the back.  QP will have to have a go at us - they can't sit in like Cove did or just close down space ala Morton/Partick.

Yes, it's Dundee, and it's not a given - but it's definitely in our hands now without having to go balls out (yet).

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

There's been people up at Dens from 10pm and the queue is down the Provie road now. People sleeping in the freezing cold for a ticket. If that isn't enough to gee up these Dundee players for one game against Queens Park then nothing ever will.

Great effort from all. Such a shame about this match being played in a purposely left empty shack. 

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Used to go in the Old Bank Bar Reform St. late eighties/early nineties load The Smiths on the jukebox.

Happy times.

Thank you.

Nice one Biggie, "I was (also) happy in the haze of a drunken hour" when I used to proudly plug on the same juke-box Morrissey's 'Alsation Cousin' to an overcrowded Saturday night Old Bank Bar, lol.

Happy days indeed whilst a vibrant young man.     :wub:              :guinness   

5 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Some un welcome gossip...

Zach Robinson is allegedly signing for Peterborough United next season.

Josh Mulligan is allegedly signing for Forest Green Rovers.

I’ve certainly heard the FGR rumour. 

Hey ho, neither irreplaceable imo. 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I’ve certainly heard the FGR rumour. 

Hey ho, neither irreplaceable imo. 

Bowyer has managed to manage a squad from multiple other managers.

New squad on the cards if panic doesn't set in which is exactly what is needed.

I'm excited. Anything is possible.

We've got to get the business done on Friday but I'm pretty excited about the prospect of Bowyer getting to clear the decks and actually having a decent budget to get his own guys in. Think there's a clear distinction between players Bowyer has took a punt on and players he's actively targeted and by and large, the 'targets' have improved the team bar probably Grayson.

I'd be a little bit disappointed if we didn't get Robinson next season or if Cameron left or whatever - but it'd just be a momentary disappointment and then I'd move on without a real care. Certainly wouldn't be the devastation that losing some of our players over the year has caused. Don't think we've got a single player on our books that couldn't be deemed as 'replaceable'.

I will say I’m slightly disappointed that neither Robertson, Anderson, Mulligan or it would appear Cameron are going to make a massive impact on the team and leave for big money. Some of them didn’t look out of place at time in the top division and just haven’t kicked on. You certainly want to keep Mulligan and Cameron but if they want to go then, off you f**k. 

Edited by Fifespud

I must admit I've got to the stage with this squad that I wouldn't be upset to see 3/4 of the team go. 

A sore one to lose potential like Cameron and Mulligan but what can you do? Club should have been more proactive with their contract offers but if they don't want to be here then they don't want to be here. Robinson is another blow but I always thought we would struggle to keep him because he's easily English championship level in my opinion. 

In large, the rest of the players have outstayed their welcome and have been the source of a painful few seasons. Big chance for Bowyer to bring in the quality he's been desperate for so I hope he does the business.

13 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I must admit I've got to the stage with this squad that I wouldn't be upset to see 3/4 of the team go. 

A sore one to lose potential like Cameron and Mulligan but what can you do? Club should have been more proactive with their contract offers but if they don't want to be here then they don't want to be here. Robinson is another blow but I always thought we would struggle to keep him because he's easily English championship level in my opinion. 

In large, the rest of the players have outstayed their welcome and have been the source of a painful few seasons. Big chance for Bowyer to bring in the quality he's been desperate for so I hope he does the business.

Robinson is a strange one.  If he's capable of English championship I wonder why he can't get a game two levels below? 

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Robinson is a strange one.  If he's capable of English championship I wonder why he can't get a game two levels below? 

He is only 20 to be fair. Plenty players have come here at a young age and went on to play at a higher level. A recent one I can think of was Seny Dieng.