All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

With regard to the Cameron rumour of part time football I don't see that as a barrier to him staying at Dens. Alan Cousin was a teacher as well as playing in the best Dundee team ever. Ally Donaldson played his finest seasons for Dundee later on in his career after turning part time. I know we are in different times but the dedication that young Lyall has I wouldn't see his fitness levels dropping off that much should he be part time. Add to the fact he would be a student then surely there is some opportunity to join in sessions with the full timers.

Can you elaborate on the rumour regarding part time football?

4 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Callum Davidson isn't coming to Dens you daft basturts.

Finally getting promoted with a manager whos sensible and capable of building a solid squad. Only to end up with Callum Davidson. 

Classic Dundee.

Bowyer’s got a young family and his Mrs is refusing to move up here. His youngest aged 1 I think has been up here once which was only last week. Heard last week because of this, win lose or draw last Friday and he was likely away. Not 100% but not far off it. 

Cameron does online University work, that’s from a source very close to him. The issue is the length of the contract. We’ve offered him longer than what he wants to sign for. Strachan’s gave him some advice at times because he see’s a similarity in their playing style and obviously physique. Sounds like that was appreciated. 

Boywer’s done what he was signed up to and had his struggles along the way. I wish him all the very best of luck in the future on whatever he decides and it’s greatly appreciated. We as a club move on and should appoint Neilson. 

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Finally getting promoted with a manager whos sensible and capable of building a solid squad. Only to end up with Callum Davidson. 

Classic Dundee.

If he wants to go back down South to be closer to his family and is going to a club with inevitably more money than us I’m not sure what else can be done. 

If it is because of a dispute in budget between Nelms and him then that is a different matter. 

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Bowyer’s got a young family and his Mrs is refusing to move up here. His youngest aged 1 I think has been up here once which was only last week. Heard last week because of this, win lose or draw last Friday and he was likely away. Not 100% but not far off it. 

Cameron does online University work, that’s from a source very close to him. The issue is the length of the contract. We’ve offered him longer than what he wants to sign for. Strachan’s gave him some advice at times because he see’s a similarity in their playing style and obviously physique. Sounds like that was appreciated. 

Boywer’s done what he was signed up to and had his struggles along the way. I wish him all the very best of luck in the future on whatever he decides and it’s greatly appreciated. We as a club move on and should appoint Neilson. 

Neilson is really not a bad shout at all to be honest. People won’t like it because of the United connection but he has proven to be a brilliant manager at Premiership level. 

If we could convince Martindale of a project here that could eventually see us being better than Livingston then I’d love for him to be in with a shout too. 

24 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

If he wants to go back down South to be closer to his family and is going to a club with inevitably more money than us I’m not sure what else can be done. 

If it is because of a dispute in budget between Nelms and him then that is a different matter. 

Aye the losing Bowyer thing is just your luck, really.

The hiring Davidson would be the bad decision making.

Neilson would be awful. Martindale is very much a good fit where he is who'd struggle to build it again while starting in the top flight.

The Bowyer appointment worked so follow that blueprint. Darrell Clarke was one i wanted us to be interested in.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Classic Dundee.

I know you're thick, but touting a report by someone as biased toward Davidson as Robert Thomson as fact after how St Johnstone's local media has ragdolled you for years is something else.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

FFS, we’ve just won the league. 

Get the feet up and cigars out while we watch everyone else shit themselves in the play-offs/relegation dog-fight, and worry about next season in the summer. 

Edited by The Master

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I know you're thick, but touting a report by someone as biased toward Davidson as Robert Thomson as fact after how St Johnstone's local media has ragdolled you for years is something else.

If youre as smart as you think, youd understand Thomson touting it means more than it would from any other journalist. 

I went from being very excited about next season to very worried.

Bowyer as I've previously said has been the first since Hartley were I have felt like we have had a real manager.

He's came up, done the job and now he's potentially away and that leaves us not only needing to fill that space, but the squad that is pretty much all out of contract.

Get a jobby and we'll sign a whole squad of jobbies. 

Edit - The knickers are wet with pish

Edited by Crawford

Some of you boys need to calm down. About 6 weeks ago the vast majority of you were typing Bowyer could go.

Absolutely no worries if he goes, no worries if he stays.

Bowyers they come, they go.

Saturday through Sunday, Monday.

Monday throught Sunday, yo.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/4374061/dundee-boss-gary-bowyer-opens-up-on-tough-times-away-from-family-amid-blackpool-link/

Reads very much like he'll stay if he's well backed. I'm not so much concerned about Blackpool signing him on as I am Nelms deciding he'd rather an absolute yes man type.