All things Dundee FC

43 minutes ago, Crawford said:

We know Nelms loves "an experienced" 

I'm not sure that's fair. He's only appointed McIntyre. Which - on the outside to folk with no affiliation - didn't seem that mad.

McGhee was clearly a job for the boys appointment. You'd reckon he'd learnt his lesson and Strachan will be told to shut it.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

What would we think of Jack Ross? He was pretty much our first pick twice before. 

He was my first choice pre Bowyer but he honestly seems to be a bullet dodged. I think he was at the right place at the right time when his stock was high and has since been regressing to the mean. 

Reality is, I think we are looking at a downgrade no matter what. Bowyer was a diamond like find in the market at the time.

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

What would we think of Jack Ross? He was pretty much our first pick twice before. 

I doubt he'd be interested even if we were - he said he's done with management.  

His time at united is a bit of a red herring as it is pretty evident they have been a total basket case club this season and it wasn't unique to one single manager. He will have a pretty comfy job at Newcastle and closer to home which he may not want to leave. 

He's not worth the chasing that we have given him previously and I'm kind of in the GTF camp if he turned round and said he'd be interested now that we are in the premiership without him needing to do any of the hard work. 

Also that blazer and shorts combination...

It'll be a massive own goal if they get rid of Bowyer. Anyone else is gonna look like a downgrade and gonna need to get off to amazing start as that'll be used as the rod to beat whoever the replacement is with. There's no obvious stand out candidate and it certainly isn't the likes of Davidson or Ross.

Hopefully we hear more promising news today.

16 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

His time at united is a bit of a red herring as it is pretty evident they have been a total basket case club this season and it wasn't unique to one single manager. He will have a pretty comfy job at Newcastle and closer to home which he may not want to leave. 

He's not worth the chasing that we have given him previously and I'm kind of in the GTF camp if he turned round and said he'd be interested now that we are in the premiership without him needing to do any of the hard work. 

Also that blazer and shorts combination...

I can overlook everything but, like you, not the blazer and shorts combo. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It'll be a massive own goal if they get rid of Bowyer. Anyone else is gonna look like a downgrade and gonna need to get off to amazing start as that'll be used as the rod to beat whoever the replacement is with. There's no obvious stand out candidate and it certainly isn't the likes of Davidson or Ross.

Hopefully we hear more promising news today.

Are they getting rid though? Sounds like it’s GB himself prioritising his family. 
I think, whilst we clearly could do a lot worse than GB, there are dozens of managers with his sort of track record and we could also do better. 
Nice guy, got us promoted, I’m disappointed if he goes but not heartbroken  💔 

Some people making this out to be boardroom incompetence but I don't see it that way.

Bowyer owes us nothing. He's moved away from his family and achieved promotion infront of very negative fans at times. I remember Ayr away where we lost and Partick when we were two down he was getting all sorts of shite flung at him.

He done his job in the end with large slices of help from every other team in the league being pish. I'd be happy for him to have another season as I'm slightly worried a new manager would be reluctant to get rid of the majority of the squad, which is what we need to finally end the McPake era that hangs very much over us. In that case we need the likes of Strachan to help with the punting of your Kerrs and Marshalls.

If he chooses to take a job nearer his family on probably more money then its the correct decision from Bowyer, as I've said he owes us nothing. We'll see what happens.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Some people making this out to be boardroom incompetence but I don't see it that way.

Bowyer owes us nothing. He's moved away from his family and achieved promotion infront of very negative fans at times. I remember Ayr away where we lost and Partick when we were two down he was getting all sorts of shite flung at him.

He done his job in the end with large slices of help from every other team in the league being pish. I'd be happy for him to have another season as I'm slightly worried a new manager would be reluctant to get rid of the majority of the squad, which is what we need to finally end the McPake era that hangs very much over us. In that case we need the likes of Strachan to help with the punting of your Kerrs and Marshalls.

If he chooses to take a job nearer his family on probably more money then its the correct decision from Bowyer, as I've said he owes us nothing. We'll see what happens.

Thank you.

I can't see why the board would want Bowyer to leave - the only thing I can think of is if the demands of budgets etc are too much and they want someone to work with a much more restricted one. 

Ultimately, if he DOES want to leave to be closer to his family what can you do?

7 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I can't see why the board would want Bowyer to leave - the only thing I can think of is if the demands of budgets etc are too much and they want someone to work with a much more restricted one. 

Ultimately, if he DOES want to leave to be closer to his family what can you do?

I wouldn't be surprised if you've hit the nail on the head as to the reason the board may want shot of him - he may think that's he's 50/50 about staying and the budget or lack of of may be what swings him either way.  

15 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

1. Kidnap his family.

2. Kill all members of his family.

There's two simple and manageable scenarios.

A budget is given to most managers and it's up to them to work within that budget. I think, clearly without knowing the detail, we've had a number of players getting significantly more than the market would require given their performance level. Now is a great opportunity to redress that balance. If, as reported in certain places, Bowyer is on a rolling contract then he could easily be with us next season. Maybe the board will take on his request that he wants to be nearer his family and are not that fussed about him leaving. Bringing in a new manager when we only have 4 players for next season gives me the fear though, particularly with the current board's track record.