All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I'm probably in the minority that wouldn't be upset at all with Lennon becoming the manager...

ETA - I want a Bowyer contract extension to be announced in a 'I'M NOT FUCKING LEAVING' Wolf of Wall Street style address to a loving crowd.

I would rather have McPake, McGhee, McCann or McIntyre before Lennon.

In fact I'd have Yogj before him.

24 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

DN4fsxwV4AAhH8C.jpg.72acf4a6cd5934cea631426d9d35d041.jpg

Couple fucking legends in that photo. 

Is there a cut off point where season tickets need bought by? .. I'll miss quite a few games but if I don't buy one I'll definitely miss about 96% of them.

Yeah big rab and nipper haha

I’d be happy with Lennon tbh but Robbie Neilson is my 1st pick.

Not against, as Ross said, trying the English League 1 manager route like with Bowyer. Would the likes of Holloway be miles out of the equation money wise? Warnock always goes on about loving our country, is he way out of our budget? The last 2 are pie in the sky but it’s just a change from the norm. Find clubs in Scandinavia who are consistently punching above their weight at see who’s available there. It’s a market we should be exploiting player wise. 

A manager from down south would have to be made aware that unless they find a gem like Robinson from league 2 and below then they aren’t sufficient standard for up here. 

Edited by Yenitit

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I vote looking down south like we did last time, anyone available in Scotland is already a known failure.

Agree. Im fucking bored of hearing of the Ross's, Wright's and Mcghee's of this world. Give me the ex manager of Accrington Stanley or something and make it a bit more exciting please Nelms. 

6 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Are they getting rid though? Sounds like it’s GB himself prioritising his family. 
I think, whilst we clearly could do a lot worse than GB, there are dozens of managers with his sort of track record and we could also do better. 
Nice guy, got us promoted, I’m disappointed if he goes but not heartbroken  💔 

The noise coming out appears to be Nelms and co wanting rid rather than him wanting to go home. I think he's demanding he gets backed in this next window more than anything else.

I'll be completely scunnered if he goes particularly when your aforementioned candidates of the likes of Coyle, Tommy Wright & Davidson are being touted. I think we need someone that knows this squad and knows exactly where to cull rather than bringing in a new guy and these guys getting a 4th or 5th chance at proving themselves with us. We can do better, any team can do better, but I just don't think it's realistic that we will.

If he does leave and it is because he's homesick then fair enough, that's out of our hands and we move on as best we can. If it's because Nelms can't get on with our first half decent manager or is refusing to back him then I'd be very disappointed tbh.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The noise coming out appears to be Nelms and co wanting rid rather than him wanting to go home. I think he's demanding he gets backed in this next window more than anything else.

I'll be completely scunnered if he goes particularly when your aforementioned candidates of the likes of Coyle, Tommy Wright & Davidson are being touted. I think we need someone that knows this squad and knows exactly where to cull rather than bringing in a new guy and these guys getting a 4th or 5th chance at proving themselves with us. We can do better, any team can do better, but I just don't think it's realistic that we will.

If he does leave and it is because he's homesick then fair enough, that's out of our hands and we move on as best we can. If it's because Nelms can't get on with our first half decent manager or is refusing to back him then I'd be very disappointed tbh.

Yep, its unforgivable if it's true that they want rid of Bowyer cos finally a manager is standing up to them. Don't think he's the best manager ever but certainly seems the most competent out of everyone we've had under FPS (maybe Hartley's first season in the top flight excluded) and I'm keen to see what squad he can assemble with his contacts in England etc. If he does leave I have 0 faith in them appointing someone good. 

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is there evidence that this is the case or is this just your reading of the situation?

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Is there evidence that this is the case or is this just your reading of the situation?

It's what the local and national media are suggesting (rightly or wrongly):

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/gary-bowyer-set-dundee-exit-29928326

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/4374070/dundee-gary-bowyer-24-hours-blackpool/

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/4375969/podcast-dundee-fc-what-next/

Let’s hope we’re wrong and Bowyer continues his work. He made positive noises in his interview immediately after the Queens game.  A good solid season in the top flight is an opportunity to further build on his reputation. Obviously, for him, that depends on being backed.  The owners have backed every manager so I’m hopeful they’ll back Bowyer next season. The key word in this post being ‘hope’, of course. 

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Given the media never seem to get stories about us right I'd take that with a huge shovel of salt until there's anything substantive.

The Keyes/Nelms not impressed stuff is just bizarre tbqh - they could easily have punted him earlier in the season when he clearly was under the cosh - but now? I'm not buying it.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

We’d be in a really good position if we can somehow sign Cameron, Mulligan, McCowan, perhaps Kwame as a squad player, and Robinson, although that looks unlikely. McGhee I’d also keep. I’m actually not sure who the few are that are already signed up other than Rudden. Am I correct in thinking French is signed up? 

Just now, Girth said:

Let me just raid my contacts book for some names lads…

Dave Challinor 

Luke Williams 

Tiernan Lynch 

Darren O’ Dea

Mark Kennedy  

breaking news dog meme GIF by Mike Diva

@Girth has sensationally just ruled himself and his contacts book out of ever being involved in Dundee Football Club.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Given the media never seem to get stories about us right I'd tsje that with a huge shovel of salt until there's anything substantive.

The not Ketes/Nelms not impressed stuff is just bizarre tbqh - they could easily have punted him earlier in the season when he clearly was under the cosh - but now? I'm not buying it.

Undoubtedly - I freely admit I have a tendency to think of the worst case scenario when it involves Dundee and that maybe leads to me coming across as a panic merchant on here. Hope you're right!

Just now, Liam899 said:

We’d be in a really good position if we can somehow sign Cameron, Mulligan, McCowan, perhaps Kwame as a squad player, and Robinson, although that looks unlikely. McGhee I’d also keep. I’m actually not sure who the few are that are already signed up other than Rudden. Am I correct in thinking French is signed up? 

Byrne, Rudden & French are the only 3 signed up for next season.

2 minutes ago, Girth said:

Let me just raid my contacts book for some names lads…

Dave Challinor 

Luke Williams 

Tiernan Lynch 

Darren O’ Dea

Mark Kennedy  

Fixed.