All things Dundee FC

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Undoubtedly - I freely admit I have a tendency to think of the worst case scenario when it involves Dundee and that maybe leads to me coming across as a panic merchant on here. Hope you're right!

Byrne, Rudden & French are the only 3 signed up for next season.

One lassie on Sunday kept saying 'Sign the contract" at the players on Sunday - the look on Byrne's face was a picture.

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Given the media never seem to get stories about us right I'd take that with a huge shovel of salt until there's anything substantive.

The Keyes/Nelms not impressed stuff is just bizarre tbqh - they could easily have punted him earlier in the season when he clearly was under the cosh - but now? I'm not buying it.

What I heard way back in December is Nelms and Bowyer didn’t get on and the person who Bowyer dealt with was Strachan. The jist of the rumour at the time was Bowyer wasn’t getting backed from Nelms in the transfer market after promising to do so. Bowyer had 2 lined up to sign the 1st of January and Nelms backed out. Major argument in front of staff at Gardyne apparently. 

Edited by Yenitit

Cannot believe people talking about Neilson as a candidate, apart from the fact he’s been hounded out by fans of his last 4 clubs, despite being relatively successful, there’s no way he’s ready to step down (as he would see it) to us. As for Rab Douglas - do any of you actually know Rab? There’s no way he’s management material, absolutely zero chance. 
Wright’s record with Sainties - 6th, 4th, 4th, 4th, 4th, 8th, 7th, 6th. 1 Cup, 2 Semis, 4 QF’s, 4 European campaigns. Has lived in the area, unemployed. I get that folk down like him but he has the best record of managing a Scottish provincial team of anyone we could feasibly attract. 

Am I the only one that thinks Davidson would be a good appointment?

He won 2 cups with St Johnstone FFS, he must have something about him, and I’m sure the Saints fans in here slating him now thought he was one of the best managers they had ever had after them doing that?

1 minute ago, AlanPartridge said:

He won 2 cups with St Johnstone FFS, he must have something about him, and I’m sure the Saints fans in here slating him now thought he was one of the best managers they had ever had after them doing that?

Just imagine how bad you need to be for the fans of St Johnstone FFS to turn on you after winning a cup double. 

We need a complete rebuild and I can't think of a single signing of his that genuinely improved on what they had before at St Johnstone.

He's a guy to keep things ticking over, not rebuild a squad.

1 minute ago, AlanPartridge said:

He came into a club built to play the way he wanted with some incredible, unique, talents in it like Jason Kerr and Ali McCann. A you g squad bursting with talent. Within 2 years, after being handed close to £500k and more money/freedom to build a squad than any Saints manager in 30 years, he had us battling relegation with a squad full of over 30s on massive deals and youth prospects disillusioned. Some simply walked away from the club while others were in the papers a mere week or two after he left moaning.

He was so blind to what was happening on the park, and too poor a manager to change it, that we ended up with about 5 players out of position most weeks.

He'll be nowhere near the discussions for our best ever manager. Comfortably behind Wright and Ormond.

Letting him build a squad would be suicide. He gave Ali Crawford a 3yr deal FFS.

Tommy Wright shouldnt be touched either, but only because i think hes just lost some fire somewhere along the line and is enjoying semi-retirement.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tommy Wright shouldnt be touched either, but only because i think hes just lost some fire somewhere along the line and is enjoying semi-retirement.

You know Tommy then and can testify to the ‘lost fire’ or are just making shit up, as usual?

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We need a complete rebuild and I can't think of a single signing of his that genuinely improved on what they had before at St Johnstone.

Hallberg, if youre looking at under 30s, is the obvious one. But im fairly sure we're paying him an absolute fortune.

He done better last Summer but im not sure if building an abysmal squad and then signing a few players who improve it is worthy of praise.

Just now, Derry Alli said:

Apparently only five players are being offered deals. 

Including youth?

If not, I'd predict:

McMullan, McCowan, Ashcroft, McGhee & Sweeney.

If including youth:

Cameron, Mulligan, McCowan, McGhee & Sweeney.

Not the 5 I'd necessarily go with but what I think would get the offers from the board.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Including youth?

If not, I'd predict:

McMullan, McCowan, Ashcroft, McGhee & Sweeney.

If including youth:

Cameron, Mulligan, McCowan, McGhee & Sweeney.

Not the 5 I'd necessarily go with but what I think would get the offers from the board.

I'd assume Cameron, Mulligan and McCowan are a given?

5 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Apparently only five players are being offered deals. 

Good, sounds like they've read my posts on the subject 😏

A genuine thank you will go to all who were involved in this season's success, even Sheridan!