All things Dundee FC

42 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I was hoping that another club would come along and deflect away from our own shitshow, so thanks guys.

Also, a wee bonus - getting to vote for Yogi again. 

A manager winning a title and moving on to a (presumably) higher paid job is somehow taking away from the perpetual bin fire of embarrassment that is Falkirk FC :lol: 

You wish. 

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

The guy wants to be nearer his family and could have walked ages ago when morons were putting pressure on him to go but he stuck it out and completed every objective laid out.

Next season will be mostly on the wrong end of results and he'd be getting hounded again by the morons. 

He'd be stupid AF to have stayed. Thanks for the hard work Gary, go enjoy your career.

That's my take as well.

He's clearly homesick, a good offer has come in and the board hasn't stood in his way.

They could have been awkward, try to get compensation, but they haven't because it's in the interest of all sides that he goes with our blessing.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Wait @scottsdad supports Falkirk?! 

WTF. I've been adamant he's an Aberdeen fan. :lol:

IS this the mods doing? Am I going mental?

There's a whole bunch of stuff I'd like to blame on the mods, but sadly this one lies with my dad who inflicted being a Falkirk fan on me as a kid. 

Humped. By. Airdrie. 

You guys want to take a punt on John McGlynn? You can have him today. I'll drive him there myself. 

Disappointed but not massively so. Bowyer did a good job, but not a great job.

He was tasked with getting automatic promotion and achieved it, but with a points total that would have Dundee finish 4th in some Championship seasons. Was looking forward to seeing what he could have achieved with a bit of backing and not forced to rely on the loan market but we'll never know now.

Whoever the next manager is is gonna have a huge task on their hands as they basically need to build an entirely new squad.

8 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

Whoever the next manager is is gonna have a huge task on their hands as they basically need to build an entirely new squad.

Same for me with Bowyer, he kept doing the same things that didn't work far too long before changing them and we'd have been punished much worse next season if that had carried on.

It might be a huge task rebuilding a new squad but also means they take full responsibility for what happens on the park. Bowyer had a lot of leeway because of McPake's leftovers, the next boss won't get that sympathy.

4 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I'll take one without a source. What you saying?

Currently plying his trade in this division.

If it's true, I'd be happy. I was touting for him before he joined this team.

Just read the Courier report into what went down today and it's fucking disgraceful IMO.

The majority of the playing squad were called into the club’s training centre at Gardyne Campus on Wednesday for a debrief of the season.

The expectation was that it would be led by Bowyer. He had already spoken on Monday to a handful of players who were heading off on holiday earlier than the rest.

Bowyer was there on Wednesday morning, only to be handed a letter by Nelms informing him he would be leaving the club.

The players were addressed by captain Ryan Sweeney and goalkeeper Adam Legzdins to say the manager had left.

Bowyer’s only interaction with the players was a quick ‘good luck’ before making his exit.

It’s understood technical director Gordon Strachan also spoke to the group and told out-of-contract players to make it known over the next few days if they wanted to stay for next season.

And that the aim was for a swift appointment of a new manager.

The club then announced Bowyer’s departure to their supporters.

It’s further understood Nelms spoke at the civic reception for the team on Sunday and thanked every member of staff for their efforts, congratulating them for the league win, without mentioning the manager.

Early fall-outs over the quality of the training pitches at Gardyne Campus got things off to a rocky start, with Nelms unhappy the club were spending money to train at the Regional Performance Centre at Caird Park.

And a perceived lack of flexibility on the transfer front has been an ongoing problem.

Nelms was reluctant to even mention his title-winning manager by name when asked who would be in the dugout next season.

Asked for a second time whether that would be Bowyer, Nelms said: “Let’s enjoy the win and then look at everybody and see where we are going.”