All things Dundee FC

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Strachan is a fucking dinosaur who should be nowhere near a football team.

Anyone who thinks Mark McGhee is a good caretaker manager needs their head examined.

I really don't understand what he did that raised him to Scottish football god status.

Now that bowyer has confirmed he wanted to stay I think it’s only fair that the board fully explain why they’ve opted to bin him in favour of x manager. If their reasons are logical then it should go some way to getting the fans onside instead of the inevitable hysteria. Hopefully they have logical reasons for doing so for the betterment of the club and it’s not just Nelms huffin his pus off.

1 minute ago, K.T said:

Now that bowyer has confirmed he wanted to stay I think it’s only fair that the board fully explain why they’ve opted to bin him in favour of x manager. If their reasons are logical then it should go some way to getting the fans onside instead of the inevitable hysteria. Hopefully they have logical reasons for doing so for the betterment of the club and it’s not just Nelms huffin his pus off.

Club is a basket full of crazy.

Shite managers - Bags of cash.

Good manager - No cash.

Shite managers - You have exactly 3 years to turn this around or you are out.

Good manager - Well guys we did it and I'm sacked.

Bowyer has said his ultimate goal is to be a Director of Football.

We should have been more savvy and petitioned Tim Keyes to f**k Strachan and Nelms off and let Bowyer take full control of that side.

We fucked it lads.

Some of us support Bowyer more than others but he was hardly the messiah. The first sniff of a job near his family’s home and he’d have been down the road faster than Billy Whizz. 
He’s gone, what’s important is who comes in next. 

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Some of us support Bowyer more than others but he was hardly the messiah. The first sniff of a job near his family’s home and he’d have been down the road faster than Billy Whizz. 

I wonder whether we will get an announcement come the end of the week…

Surely if you sack a manager you should already know you’ve got someone better ready to replace them? Would be pure insanity to sack someone for no real reason and hope you get better applicants down the line.

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Hope not - that would lead me to think it’s Clum. 

There’s a few other managers without a club as well that wouldn’t take long to negotiate a contract. 

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact it’s Davidson mind you. 

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Blackpool is probably where he's most beloved and apparently hadn't even looked at applying for that based on his statement.

For what it's worth (not a lot I suspect) sat behind Gary Bower in the away dug out a couple of times this season, and he seemed like a decent, amiable character, who the opposition players and management seemed to have a genuine warmth for.

This is noteworthy at the Stadium of Licht  !!

A very famous manager once said:

"I decided this man could not be trusted an inch—I would not want to expose my back to him in a hurry."

And we have him running all the football operations at our club.

Bowyer should have expected to be shafted really.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Blackpool is probably where he's most beloved and apparently hadn't even looked at applying for that based on his statement.

He’s hardly going to admit it!!
I’ve no idea what’s happened but given the loyalty we’ve shown to others something must have pissed off Nelms. 

13 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

There’s a few other managers without a club as well that wouldn’t take long to negotiate a contract. 

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact it’s Davidson mind you. 

Me too 😬

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

He’s hardly going to admit it!!
I’ve no idea what’s happened but given the loyalty we’ve shown to others something must have pissed off Nelms. 

Why wouldn't he admit it now? He's unemployed and the Blackpool Gazette has also confirmed as much.

Think it's fairly straightforward, he demanded professionalism and backing from the Clun and Nelms didn't like being challenged and threw a massive strop.