All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why wouldn't he admit it now? He's unemployed and the Blackpool Gazette has also confirmed as much.

Think it's fairly straightforward, he demanded professionalism and backing from the Clun and Nelms didn't like being challenged and threw a massive strop.

You think he’s going to say ‘the cuntos sacked me but to be fair I had applied for the Blackpool job and I’d have been off if I’d got it’?

No chance, he might not get it, and he wouldn’t want to advertise a failure like that.

We stopped the Dodds rat from getting back into the club, could we not do the same if worst comes to worst and 'Clum' is pictured with the Dee scarf above his grinning moronic pus?

Just a thought.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

12 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

You think he’s going to say ‘the cuntos sacked me but to be fair I had applied for the Blackpool job and I’d have been off if I’d got it’?

No chance, he might not get it, and he wouldn’t want to advertise a failure like that.

I think you're going to great lengths to create a more palatable narrative when everything points to that not being the case.

38 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Heard it could be tomorrow 

I'm not in the know, never have been, but I do know someone who was in Bowyer's March manager of the month picture. He is genuinely bewildered as to what is going on and he's on the payroll.

Likewise he wouldn't say if he did know. Man is a tough nut to crack about anything. Hope they don't rush it and take their time. Also hope someone is sounding out the ups and downs in other divisions right now for bargains because I think that's where we are shopping again.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think you're going to great lengths to create a more palatable narrative when everything points to that not being the case.

Do you not agree, when you reflect, he’s hardly going to say he had applied for the Blackpool job, or any other job for that matter. That’s you trying to create a narrative that paints the guys, without whom there probably wouldn’t be a club, in the worst possible light. 
As I said - I’ve no idea what’s gone on - but if you’re not on speaking terms with your boss, for months, the boss who has the full confidence of the money man, you’d need to be fucking thick not to realise that ends one way. 

8 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Do you not agree, when you reflect, he’s hardly going to say he had applied for the Blackpool job, or any other job for that matter. That’s you trying to create a narrative that paints the guys, without whom there probably wouldn’t be a club, in the worst possible light. 
As I said - I’ve no idea what’s gone on - but if you’re not on speaking terms with your boss, for months, the boss who has the full confidence of the money man, you’d need to be fucking thick not to realise that ends one way. 

So why have you created your own narrative that paints Nelms etc in as bad a light as possible?

I'm old enough and cynical enough to know these things are never black and white affairs - and I say that as someone who is no fan of Nelms

I doubt we'll ever know.

And tbqh it doesn't matter now.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

The fact Keyes has been present for the first time in a while (to quite a few games) tells me he was sort of auditing his investment. Nelms would have been in a different league of squeaky bum time.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So why have you created your own narrative that psints Nelms etc in as bad a light as possible?

I'm old enough and cynical enough to know these things are never black and white affairs - and I say that as someone who hs no fan of Nelms

I doubt we'll ever know.

Totally agree with you. But I think I’m the guy doing the opposite to painting Nelms black?

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I think if he has applied, which the Blackpool Gazette has poured water on, then it goes against his statement of wanting to lead us next season. 

And I think you're now leaping to conclusions by saying if it wasn't for John Nelms or Gordon Strachan, we wouldn't have a club. That's the definition of trying to create your own narrative. We had fans really struggling to manage the club and a lot of infighting but I refuse to believe that without Nelms we'd have ceased to exist. I don't really see the relevance of that to the discussion either tbh.

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So why have you created your own narrative that paints Nelms etc in as bad a light as possible?

I'm old enough and cynical enough to know these things are never black and white affairs - and I say that as someone who is no fan of Nelms

I doubt we'll ever know.

Are you sure you even know what you're talking about the now?

@Fifespud has been defending Nelms and hasn't painted him in a bad light once.

59 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Some of us support Bowyer more than others but he was hardly the messiah. The first sniff of a job near his family’s home and he’d have been down the road faster than Billy Whizz. 
He’s gone, what’s important is who comes in next. 

I’d guess that was a key issue driving the way Nelms was thinking.  Maybe Nelms didn’t think Bowyer would be around long enough to justify the big investment required in the playing staff for next season.

Nelms has made some unbelievably bad decisions in the past with regards to managerial issues.  I just don’t feel letting Bowyer go is anywhere near as bad as appointing McCann, McIntyre or McPake.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think if he has applied, which the Blackpool Gazette has poured water on, then it goes against his statement of wanting to lead us next season. 

And I think you're now leaping to conclusions by saying if it wasn't for John Nelms or Gordon Strachan, we wouldn't have a club. That's the definition of trying to create your own narrative. We had fans really struggling to manage the club and a lot of infighting but I refuse to believe that without Nelms we'd have ceased to exist. I don't really see the relevance of that to the discussion either tbh.

God Ludo, I give up. 

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

And you are painting Nelms in a bad light based on your own suppositions.

But you quoted Spud and accused him of doing that?

I don't think Nelms needs to be painted in a bad light. The information is there and it doesn't look good. Do you think it does?

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

God Ludo, I give up. 

Fair enough - you might be right Spud. I'm not (for once! Haha) trying to have a go at you over this. I just don't see the logic in Bowyer releasing that statement and actively saying he was looking forward to next season with us if he was already in contact with another club to leave (I hope he is now though!) 

Edited by Ludo*1

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

But you quoted Spud and accused him of doing that?

I don't think Nelms needs to be painted in a bad light. The information is there and it doesn't look good. Do you think it does?

I meant to quote both you - my bad.

Both of you are guilty of the same thing - one trying to defend Bowyer, the other trying to defend Nelms.

I don't think it's as clear cut as either of you think - and both views are not based on hard evidence but a supposition of the situation.

As I said - I don't think we'll ever know - and I don't particularly think it matters now.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I meant to quote both you - my bad.

Both of you are guilty of the same thing - one trying to defend Bowyer, the other trying to defend Nelms.

I don't think it's as clear cut as either of you think - and both views are not based on hard evidence but a supposition of the situation.

As I said - I don't think we'll ever know - and I don't particularly think it matters now.

I doubly give up!