All things Dundee FC

37 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

f**k me you’re obsessed with Ludo, eh? 

If somebody wants to post garbage at a rate of 20 posts an hour (over every Dundee platform) its hard not to call out the unreadable bullshite.

Total nonsense today from most, but not all. Get a grip people.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Media love speculation as I said earlier. If they're right, they're brilliant and in the know. If they're wrong, they (the club) simply changed their minds.

I personally was told we will have a manager before the season starts and a full squad. Very in the know. Hush hush stuff biggy so it's between you and me.

I mean, its not even 24hrs since a bunch of Dundee fans were ridiculing the press for saying Bowyer was away.

You'd be best served making your peace with Callum Davidson being your next manager now.

Absolutely mental that Bowyer has worked with the Venky's at Blackburn, the Oyston's at Blackpool and the likes of Gary Neville and Nicky Butt at Salford but is probably thinking Nelms is up there with the worst of them right now!

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Absolutely mental that Bowyer has worked with the Venky's at Blackburn, the Oyston's at Blackpool and the likes of Gary Neville and Nicky Butt at Salford but is probably thinking Nelms is up there with the worst of them right now!

But.. He never worked with Jacqui Low.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Bowyer had a 12 month rolling contract and Dundee FC got what they set out for when they appointed him. After talks on the following 12 months a resolution betweem both sides wasn't found.

The large amount of people who booed Dundee off the park last week against Cove and at Arbroath  obviously weren't happy with the football on show. These were probably the same people going tonto after drawing 0 0 at Partick in March and apoplectic after defeat at Cove. One of his first signings in Grayson wasn't given a chance despite being OKAY and fans cheered when he went off injured to be replaced by Byrne.

We were one bad result in the final game of the season from the whole of the fanbase calling for his head.

If the fans wanted Bowyer to stay they couldve done alot more to show support. That's the same old Dundee fans for you though.

Now it's straight onto the back of Nelms and Strachan for getting rid of the man they booed and complained about for half the season. Its alot of bollocks.

Bowyer won't be the difference between us progressing as a club, but indeed the manager that comes in along with the squad built should certainly see us in a better place than under McPake. Remember  Liam Fontaine, Ibsen Rossi, Cillian Sheridan, Ian Lawlor and an unfit Leigh Griffiths coming straight in for a free scoring Jason Cummings. That really was embarassment under McPake.

Thank you.

Correct!

If he was on a rolling contract, probably no compo required to be p4aid to boring Gary. Just a month's lying time. 

It is possible they decided to go their separate ways a while ago. 

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

In what sense? We're bankrolled by Nelms billionaire mate.

How does “bankrolling” work in these days of financial fair play in Scotland?

In light of recent liquidation of clubs like Rangers and Gretna I’d have thought there would be strict governance in place now. 

Genuine question.

I’m genuinely not trying to dig your club out given your experience in the past of multiple administrations. 

TBH, I love the drama associated with our club. Never a dull season.

This season, even though we stumbled to the Championship trophy, it was starting to be a rather grey season. The January transfer window was so dull apart from a returning loan signing, I forgot it was even open. Getting rid of our one remaining truly batshit players in Gowser on the hush, the football was, at times, really frustrating to watch filled with lower league no marks.

But then they just pull you straight back in, with a departure that is now a sacking just after being announced as manager of the year.

Anyhoo, check fa's just oot eh Jail...

32 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

TBH, I love the drama associated with our club. Never a dull season.

This season, even though we stumbled to the Championship trophy, it was starting to be a rather grey season. The January transfer window was so dull apart from a returning loan signing, I forgot it was even open. Getting rid of our one remaining truly batshit players in Gowser on the hush, the football was, at times, really frustrating to watch filled with lower league no marks.

But then they just pull you straight back in, with a departure that is now a sacking just after being announced as manager of the year.

Anyhoo, check fa's just oot eh Jail...

Cheeky little scamp, I would've gone with a Walls 'Feast', personally.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

51 minutes ago, jagfox said:

If he was on a rolling contract, probably no compo required to be p4aid to boring Gary. Just a month's lying time. 

Pretty sure a 12 month rolling contract just means every day you go in you now have 12months left. He'd have to be paid off, you'd imagine he'd gladly accept 3/4 months severance and gone to Pleasureland for the weekend.

Ever optimistic, here’s my assessment:

It appears that the hierarchy at Dens wasn’t convinced about Bowyer by the January window which is part of the reason why there was little or no players brought in on 2-3 year deals.   It can be argued it also makes sense not to re-sign players if Bowyers was unlikely to be the manager next year.  We all moaned that McPake had lumbered us with duds on 2 and 3 year contracts.  Was Nelms determined not to repeat the same mistake again?  This way it allows any new manager the opportunity to bring in his own players?

Personally, I’m not too fussed that Bowyer is gone.  Yes he got us promoted but let’s be honest QP threw the league away.  I’m not taking anything away from Bowyer and I thought he got more right than wrong.  I just don’t think it was a particularly convincing title win, particularly when you look at the final points tally.

One final point, the board may simply not be convinced that Bowyer’s heart is in it and that there was a real risk he would want to return to his family at some point through what is likely to be a difficult season.  By that time of course the team would be full of his players.  Maybe the shambles left behind by McPake still hangs over the club?

36 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Pretty sure a 12 month rolling contract just means every day you go in you now have 12months left. He'd have to be paid off, you'd imagine he'd gladly accept 3/4 months severance and gone to Pleasureland for the weekend.

Exactly this.

56 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

It's usually done on the first day of the month, however at the year stage there is some sort of review/renewal. 

If Bowyer stayed it would've had to be agreed for another year and his comments of 'it depends how much they pay' although in jest to people over the weekend highlights different terms would've been agreed.

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, rhumbaclub said:

See the Nelms GTF and Strachan the wage thief GTF brigade on social media, absolute embarrassment to our club!

Bowyer won the easiest championship in living memory after others threw it away, cheers Gary now we move on!

And he didn’t half make a hard job of it. 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

How does “bankrolling” work in these days of financial fair play in Scotland?

In light of recent liquidation of clubs like Rangers and Gretna I’d have thought there would be strict governance in place now. 

Genuine question.

I’m genuinely not trying to dig your club out given your experience in the past of multiple administrations. 

Simply, there isn't any FFP at club level in Scotland, it only kicks in for Euro qualification.  I could throw millions at Ayr if I had it, as long as I accepted they'd never get into Europe if they did actually win something.