All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

1. Kidnap his family.

2. Kill all members of his family.

There's two simple and manageable scenarios.

Really needs to be option 2.  Option 1 is short-term and we'd end up needing to go for option 2 eventually anyway.  

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Really needs to be option 2.  Option 1 is short-term and we'd end up needing to go for option 2 eventually anyway.  

It means he would get over the initial hurt quicker. We need a team to be built ASAP.

Tin hat on suggestions - 

1) the fat grass

2) Coyle 

1) did a brilliant job at Sainties, not so good at Killie, but even golden balls has them teetering on relegation. Can’t believe nobody has given him another job. 
2) despite the ‘Glasgow Gretna’ jibes I would assume his budget was considerably lower than ours so undoubtedly has done a pretty decent job. 

Edited by Fifespud

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Tin hat on suggestions - 

1) the fat grass

2) Coyle 

1) did a brilliant job at Sainties, not so good at Killie, but even golden balls has them teetering on relegation. Can’t believe nobody has given him another job. 
2) despite the ‘Glasgow Gretna’ jibes I would assume his budget was considerably lower than ours so undoubtedly has done a pretty decent job. 

Didn't Coyle have a nightmare at Ross County? I have nothing much against him despite him being an ex-Arab but I wouldn't consider him an upgrade on Bowyer.  Same with Wright.  I'd like to think we can get an upgrade on Bowyer given we're going into a higher division and, presumably, with a higher budget and less deadwood than when  Bowyer joined.

Who knows, maybe Bowyer's success will have put us on the map with managers down South who previously wouldn't have looked at us.  It surely must be easier to appoint a manager when you've just been promoted than relegated? 

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Tin hat on suggestions - 

1) the fat grass

2) Coyle 

Worst ideas ever.

1 minute ago, Pens_Dark said:

Sorry Spud but I have to agree with this. 

I wasn’t suggesting I thought they were good ideas, just poking the wasps nest. 
Tommy Wright though, as unlovable as he is, did do a great job at the Steading and it was basically his team that won both cups. To me he makes far more sense than Davidson. 

I doubt he would ever leave Livingston, but for me, Martindale would be great for us.

If we were going down the unproven route like we have done previously, Robert Douglas.

The Experienced choice would probably be another Bowyer type from Down South, top half League 1, bottom half Championship, kind of level.

Or Ivano and Dario.

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I wasn’t suggesting I thought they were good ideas, just poking the wasps nest. 
Tommy Wright though, as unlovable as he is, did do a great job at the Steading and it was basically his team that won both cups. To me he makes far more sense than Davidson. 

Sorry to stick my nose in but first time I’ve heard this patter and I thought it was amusing. 

FWIW, Wright is a far superior manager to Davidson.

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

I had a nightmare that he was involved with Dundee at one point.

DN4fsxwV4AAhH8C.jpg.72acf4a6cd5934cea631426d9d35d041.jpg

Couple fucking legends in that photo. 

Is there a cut off point where season tickets need bought by? .. I'll miss quite a few games but if I don't buy one I'll definitely miss about 96% of them.

I'm probably in the minority that wouldn't be upset at all with Lennon becoming the manager...

ETA - I want a Bowyer contract extension to be announced in a 'I'M NOT FUCKING LEAVING' Wolf of Wall Street style address to a loving crowd.

Edited by Pens_Dark