All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Agreed. Didn’t think there was much between our 3 last season. All mediocre and none near good enough. 

He had some very suspect moments. I will say he was better than Jack Hamilton but to be fair so was direct sunlight.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Out: Everyone

Contracts offered: Everyone

In: No-one

There you go.

On a serious note, do you think not having a squad will be putting some managers off? Some will back themselves and see it as a positive, get rid of the dross and totally rebuild surely the dream for most managers, but others might think building a top flight ready squad over one transfer window is nigh on impossible so don't want to be the first in. You'd almost be better waiting until the next manager is sacked with some of the job done.

Very interesting.

Thank you.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Out: Everyone

Contracts offered: Everyone

In: No-one

There you go.

On a serious note, do you think not having a squad will be putting some managers off? Some will back themselves and see it as a positive, get rid of the dross and totally rebuild surely the dream for most managers, but others might think building a top flight ready squad over one transfer window is nigh on impossible so don't want to be the first in. You'd almost be better waiting until the next manager is sacked with some of the job done.

Off. You. f**k. 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I’m not liking the sound of that myself. 

Didn't mean to red dot. 

Courts is a strange one. For me i'd rather have Davidson any day. It's now obvious that Davidson was all but set up and plans had to be changed at the last minute. 

We really need to be looking to get the manager in by this weekend whoever it is anyway.

As for the likes of Lawlor being announced at Doncaster it's a complete lack of class from the club not to be wishing these players all the best for the future and thanking them for their time at Dens. Complete amateur hour. 

Speaking of amateur hour, i'll be giving the match at Tannadice a watch on Wednesday via dodgy stream. If they go down i really believe the crushing blow to finances would see them struggling for years to come; make no mistake their budget this season was for a European run alongside top 6 minimum. On the other hand if they stay up will we see an absolutely terrible Dayglo team who we can ragdoll on their own patch after many a year. 

An interesting week ahead. 

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

8 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Didn't mean to red dot. 

Courts is a strange one. For me i'd rather have Davidson any day. It's now obvious that Davidson was all but set up and plans had to be changed at the last minute. 

We really need to be looking to get the manager in by this weekend whoever it is anyway.

As for the likes of Lawlor being announced at Doncaster it's a complete lack of class from the club not to be wishing these players all the best for the future and thanking them for their time at Dens. Complete amateur hour. 

Speaking of amateur hour, i'll be giving the match at Tannadice a watch on Wednesday via dodgy stream. If they go down i really believe the crushing blow to finances would see them struggling for years to come; make no mistake their budget this season was for a European run alongside top 6 minimum. On the other hand if they stay up will we see an absolutely terrible Dayglo team who we can ragdoll on their own patch after many a year. 

An interesting week ahead. 

Thank you.

I agree re wishing departing players all the best etc, they’ve been tweeting about 2 lads playing FIFA all weekend ffs. Of course they probably have zero contact with any of these guys, with GB and the whole management team gone I suspect there’ll be no fucks given for the guys leaving. 
Tam Courts? He actually managed to get United playing half decent for his season, but was that accident or design though. You’re right though, we need someone in, unless it’s a Martindale or a Malky still in a job  

Finally the DABs game tomorrow, I love the smell of relegation, and this game reeks of it. 

I get that Courts is maybe a bit of a weird one because of how mediocre the league was in his one season at Dundee United so there's a question mark over how good he actually is despite taking them to fourth, while he's also a management speak w****r. Still though, the job has already been turned down by Calum Davidson, a considerably worse manager than Courts.

if he takes it after Davidson turned it down that's getting lucky two summers in a row after another dreadful candidate in Maloney turned it down. Finding someone worse than Davidson would mean getting into the John Hughes category of uselessness.

51 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Calum Davidson, a considerably worse manager than Courts.

Im no fan of Davidson but, based on what exactly?

Open minded about Murray.

Seems to have his sides playing good football but doesn't seem to get the results and underperforms a bit on that front.

Also seems to take him about 18 month to get a team the way he wants his side which he simply won't get with us.

39 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

Jake Hastie has signed for Dundee according to Hartlepool United fans 

What an agent that boy must have. Hasn’t kicked his own arse since a purple patch at Motherwell about 5 years ago.