All things Dundee FC

Yeah, so sad. Rest in peace, Craig. Met him a few years back when he came down and put on a session for our team. He was absolutely brilliant, very warm, funny, and really passionate about coaching, that was clear to see. A Scottish football great. 💙

Edited by Liam899

21 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

get the feeling rudden will be offloaded to Dunfermline the minute we get a few strikers in the door.

I can also see that, and going by the comments on here I'm thinking it might not be as good as I'd hoped. 

8 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I can also see that, and going by the comments on here I'm thinking it might not be as good as I'd hoped. 

He's a perfectly good striker in the Championship when played the right way, but he'll always get a hard time from us for running away at the first chance.

If we're getting a fee for Rudden, I reckon most Dees would be more than happy with that.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Also very self-deprecating - used to joke that Shankly put him at the far side on team photos as it made it easier to crop him out.

He used to shankly said to him , that the only way he get to hampden would be if he paid himself in , and he ended up Scotland manager 

Fear not @Fifespud, merely priming myself for another season of P&B telts amongst the next batch of Diddies who we will encounter. That of course being the purposeless, hopeless and valueless stains on football such as Livi, The County,  The St Mirren and of course Perth. I'll show a modicum of respect to the rest as I'm a realist not a delusionist.

Radfords knickers still dry on the the washing line in rural Perthshire after his pish stained tear laden thumps of the keyboard deleted the original Dundee FC thread created by yours truly under my original account. I am still here however and don't intend on that changing.

Unfortunately a succession of RandomGuys posts in the same evening was enough to suddenly induce a coma by boredom. Thankfully on rising it wasn't all a dream that the Filth across the road were demoted to their natural position in Scottish football.

What's been irritating me of late is those in the workplace and beyond. 'You must be sad there's no derbies though'. I couldn't be happier cuntos. These Dayglo shower of fuds now reside in the Championships with utter dregs of the Scottish game such as the Morten and The Airdrie. If it was upto me they'd slip down the leagues until they were playing at their true home pitch somewhere in outer East Angus. The silence in here really does sum up their shitebagness. Dundee could get pumped 8 -0 at Tannadice and I'd still be in the Utd thread telling Granny Danger he's a wee ferret of a man.

I look forward to another season of Dundee ups and downs, i wouldn't have it any other way. The weekends of no football are slowly grating on me like these americanised baby gender reveals that is now common place in society. I can be found in supermarkets at 4.20pm on a Saturday erratically bursting into a yell of 'Shite Lino' as my weekly outburst at the Derry linesman or referee spurts out like clockwork. The linesman at Dens could be having the game of his life and award three offside goals to Dundee but he'll still be getting called every name under the earth from the Derry. Brilliant.

My opinions on the squad are being kept until the season starts, so for now I simply stalk like a Lion in the wild awaiting the roasters and whollopers to come to the thread so I can pounce on them and tear them to strips. The Queens fans used to be worse than the Perth in here for a while the past season. Another set of diddies massacred however much like the Cowdenbeath years ago - these pub outfits never learn.

Time ticks closer a new season with this club full of history and tradition. As i always say its in the blood with this club. Can't wait.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Fear not @Fifespud, merely priming myself for another season of P&B telts amongst the next batch of Diddies who we will encounter. That of course being the purposeless, hopeless and valueless stains on football such as Livi, The County,  The St Mirren and of course Perth. I'll show a modicum of respect to the rest as I'm a realist not a delusionist.

Radfords knickers still dry on the the washing line in rural Perthshire after his pish stained tear laden thumps of the keyboard deleted the original Dundee FC thread created by yours truly under my original account. I am still here however and don't intend on that changing.

Unfortunately a succession of RandomGuys posts in the same evening was enough to suddenly induce a coma by boredom. Thankfully on rising it wasn't all a dream that the Filth across the road were demoted to their natural position in Scottish football.

What's been irritating me of late is those in the workplace and beyond. 'You must be sad there's no derbies though'. I couldn't be happier cuntos. These Dayglo shower of fuds now reside in the Championships with utter dregs of the Scottish game such as the Morten and The Airdrie. If it was upto me they'd slip down the leagues until they were playing at their true home pitch somewhere in outer East Angus. The silence in here really does sum up their shitebagness. Dundee could get pumped 8 -0 at Tannadice and I'd still be in the Utd thread telling Granny Danger he's a wee ferret of a man.

I look forward to another season of Dundee ups and downs, i wouldn't have it any other way. The weekends of no football are slowly grating on me like these americanised baby gender reveals that is now common place in society. I can be found in supermarkets at 4.20pm on a Saturday erratically bursting into a yell of 'Shite Lino' as my weekly outburst at the Derry linesman or referee spurts out like clockwork. The linesman at Dens could be having the game of his life and award three offside goals to Dundee but he'll still be getting called every name under the earth from the Derry. Brilliant.

My opinions on the squad are being kept until the season starts, so for now I simply stalk like a Lion in the wild awaiting the roasters and whollopers to come to the thread so I can pounce on them and tear them to strips. The Queens fans used to be worse than the Perth in here for a while the past season. Another set of diddies massacred however much like the Cowdenbeath years ago - these pub outfits never learn.

Time ticks closer a new season with this club full of history and tradition. As i always say its in the blood with this club. Can't wait.

Thank you.

Brilliant!

I agree re the Derbies but not on them ending up with non league status. I want the defunct, obliterated and extinguished totally forever. 

Thank you.

To quote an extremely wise Dark Blue sage, also known on here as @Deefox.

"I'm Dundee born, Dundee bred, and when I die I'll be Dundee dead." 

Spot on with your posting @Dundee-FC92 my man, that's how it is and how we also like it. Certainly for myself anyway.

RIP, Dundee FC League Championship 1961-62 winner, Craig Brown 1940 - 2023.

Pictured below with Ian Ure.

Respect and love.

craigbrownandianure.jpg.1aa0b8aa9994fbcac918a7fac8501b4d.jpg

Good to have you lot back, far more interesting than the fellas from across the road. 

6 hours ago, HoBNob said:

6 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He's a perfectly good striker in the Championship when played the right way, but he'll always get a hard time from us for running away at the first chance.

If we're getting a fee for Rudden, I reckon most Dees would be more than happy with that.

Some of us would be more than happy to receive no fee for Mr Rudden. 

9 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Some of us would be more than happy to receive no fee for Mr Rudden. 

Judging by those I’ve spoken to , I’d say the vast majority would just like to see the 90% trier for Dundee but 110% efforts for tractor boys away for free and the quicker the better the useless couldnae trap a bag o cement donkey went awol the better 

14 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Spot on my Dee comrade.

I cannot wait to climb those Derry steps once again to cheer on some old and new faces. In the fucking blood.

Our lower league near neighbour's thread appear convinced Trevor Carson is heading our direction sometime soon.

Still however under contract at St Mirren until Summer 2025, so find that rumour hard to believe considering Stephen Robinson has managed him for Motherwell, Morecambe and then St Mirren. Plus probably also coached him on Northern Ireland duty.

We do need a first choice keeper though, the feller above is now 35.

Edited by This Charming Man

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

No rumours? @Ludo*1?

Nah, it's all went quiet as far as I can see.

St Mirren fans in the St Mirren thread were suggesting that Robinson and has fell out with Trevor Carson and the suggestion was that he could be off to us or United but that seems like blatant rubbish.

Getting a bit tetchy at the lack of any rumours tbh. We are going into July and all we've done really is swap McMullan for Tiffoney (and as much as I'm delighted to get Tiffoney in, his assist rate isn't as good as McMullan's) and improve at CH with Shaughnessy being better than Sweeney. Reilly might turn out to be amazing but there's no expectation on him and similar with Portales whom we know nothing about. Honestly thought we'd have improved more than just for definite at CH going into July and with Rudden as our only recognised striker.

Still plenty of time before I go full on with the knickerwetting but freely admit I'm getting a wee bit nervous!

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nah, it's all went quiet as far as I can see.

St Mirren fans in the St Mirren thread were suggesting that Robinson and has fell out with Trevor Carson and the suggestion was that he could be off to us or United but that seems like blatant rubbish.

Getting a bit tetchy at the lack of any rumours tbh. We are going into July and all we've done really is swap McMullan for Tiffoney (and as much as I'm delighted to get Tiffoney in, his assist rate isn't as good as McMullan's) and improve at CH with Shaughnessy being better than Sweeney. Reilly might turn out to be amazing but there's no expectation on him and similar with Portales whom we know nothing about. Honestly thought we'd have improved more than just for definite at CH going into July and with Rudden as our only recognised striker.

Still plenty of time before I go full on with the knickerwetting but freely admit I'm getting a wee bit nervous!

English contacts expire on Friday, apparently, so might be a rush of deals being announced by a few clubs over the weekend.