All things Dundee FC

Stewart was great player for us, but does he have the physical attributes to play in the current team ? Pace was never one of his strong points and while he is no Cameron, he is not exactly the biggest guy.  

11 hours ago, mychurch said:

Stewart was great player for us, but does he have the physical attributes to play in the current team ? Pace was never one of his strong points and while he is no Cameron, he is not exactly the biggest guy.  

Aye, I'm struggling to get excited about this to be honest. Great player first time around, but he's 33 going on 34 and I can't honestly see where he fits in if Doc is going to continue with the system we've been using so far.

If it turns out he's a sensation and lays on a load of goals, then fantastic, but I'm not building up any expectations at all because it could be a total damp squib.

I don't think endurance should be a question. The heat he would have been playing and training in over there would have been mental.

Running about for 90 in 30°C Vs running around in 5-12°C. I know what I would rather.

Agree with the doubters.

Would imagine he'd play just behind Bakayoko.  Could be good link up between Stewart, McCowan, Cameron etc however have my doubts over age and current suitability.

Some things are best left in the past, but that said it'd be interesting to see what he could give us. Even if he doesn't have the pace his footballing brain won't be lost.

It'd be good for him to leave on better terms after telling fans to f**k off after being put out the cup in a depressing midweek defeat to Peterhead in his final match.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

The Robertson have been paid off , weather it’s them or the club not putt8ng money in only they and the board know the answer to that 

Am I being thick but I don’t understand?

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Agree with the doubters.

Would imagine he'd play just behind Bakayoko.  Could be good link up between Stewart, McCowan, Cameron etc however have my doubts over age and current suitability.

Some things are best left in the past, but that said it'd be interesting to see what he could give us. Even if he doesn't have the pace his footballing brain won't be lost.

It'd be good for him to leave on better terms after telling fans to f**k off after being put out the cup in a depressing midweek defeat to Peterhead in his final match.

Thank you.

Play him instead of Bakayoko as a no.9?

Better touch and goalscoring ability than him and Rudden. IMO.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Some Celtic fans sites are saying that Beck to Celtic is a "done deal".

If it is it will only be a loan. An obvious next step in his career I suppose providing he plays and isn’t going to play at Liverpool. Cuntos could have offered us Montgomery though.