All things Dundee FC

Would have been brilliant to see him playing for Dundee again. Whether we wanted him or not sometimes it's good not to go back. 

We have a hard working team and a player very similar in quality to him in McCowan. I can't see how we wouldn't have been in for him, but maybe we had a limit to what we would offer him, might have been length of contract given his age. Whatever the factors it didn't happen and we move on. 

We're shaping a belter of a squad anyway and like I said earlier I trust Docherty in who we bring in and who we don't.

Stewart was great in the set up we had at the time under Hartley, the creative midfielder, who could admire his shroo ball and stroll through games. Just now we need strong defensive types or players with a burst of pace. Stewart is neither of those.

Let's just remember the good times, and not have to reflect in the future of a shite 2nd stint.

56 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

He’s been playing in a Mickey Mouse league and his legs have gone. Thank fųck you’ve signed him, I was shițting it he was coming to Dens. 

I'm sure you were.  I'm actually not overly arsed either way but he'll be a decent option. 

I know who I'd have over him and Curtis Main and it's not Main!

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm sure you were.  I'm actually not overly arsed either way but he'll be a decent option. 

Wooooooosh.

9 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Have to say I’m a bit disappointed. I don’t buy the Mickey Mouse league, legs have gone stuff. A class player who I’d loved to have seen back at Dens. 

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I refer you to my original comment that I made, prior to the one you quoted, to highlight I was joking and in fact am bothered! That said I’m very pleased with Main because he’s a definite upgrade on what we had. 
You, like us, so the best of GGS but there is another version, the stuff he produced under McInnes the last time he played for him. Time will tell what GGS/McInnes M2 is like.  

10 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Here that Astley boy is some looker, iy?

Shades of Jack Hendry here, I'm wet.

A distance behind the best looking new signing of the window, IMO.

download(5).jpeg.01b2b8e64ad546cc47ea9b3d6f79678b.jpeg

Would be a bit of a coup (if you ignore the hope of Beck coming back). Did decent at Barnsley first half of the season, to the point where their manager said he wanted him back. I reckon he'd be a more than solid replacement at full back if it happens.

According to Scott Burns, this doesn't affect our interest in Mellon, which if this is the case then I truly don't understand the SPFL loan rules, with 3 players from one team on top of all the others we have from Scotland and England.

21 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would be a bit of a coup (if you ignore the hope of Beck coming back). Did decent at Barnsley first half of the season, to the point where their manager said he wanted him back. I reckon he'd be a more than solid replacement at full back if it happens.

According to Scott Burns, this doesn't affect our interest in Mellon, which if this is the case then I truly don't understand the SPFL loan rules, with 3 players from one team on top of all the others we have from Scotland and England.

International loans don’t count towards the limit.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

International loans don’t count towards the limit.

Im fairly sure they do now, FIFA changed the loan rules last year didnt they?

Sure clubs are now only allowed 8 loan deals (in and out), of over 21yo players, at one time.

Itll be cut down to 7 next season.

Edited by RandomGuy.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sure clubs are now only allowed 8 loan deals (in and out), of over 21yo players, at one time.

He specifically said “SPFL loan rules”. 

But in any case, the FIFA regulations only apply internationally for now, with member associations given a 3-year grace period to implement a similar structure for domestic loans. The deadline for that is next year. 

So the current limits are 7 international loans (per FIFA rules) and 5 domestic (per SPFL rules), meaning that in theory a team can have 12 loan players. 

Edited by The Master

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

But in any case, the FIFA regulations only apply internationally for now, with member associations given a 3-year grace period to implement a similar structure for domestic loans. The deadline for that is next year. 

Boom! Back of the net. 

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just f**k off.

Thank You.

5 minutes ago, The Master said:

So the current limits are 7 international loans (per FIFA rules) and 5 domestic (per SPFL rules), meaning that in theory a team can have 12 loan players. 

Cheers, changes of rules during covid helped me lose track and ive never heen arsed fully reading them again. 

Well, looks like the announcement about French and Byrne was basically a premature goodbye to both players, as we've given Ryan Astley French's no. 4, and Main now has Byrne's no. 8. Was wondering why we'd announced something most people already knew was happening.

Both players will be fondly remembered at Dens I reckon, Byrne as a key contributor to the 2021 promotion and one of the few bright spots of the following season, as well as for being an absolute top bloke. French is very unfortunate, as before his injury he looked to be a great signing and one destined to be one of our regulars in the top league. Glad he is still playing regularly at a decent level and hope he continues to recover and improve.