All things Dundee FC

Sitting 3 points off 4th. Do we dare to dream? Also sitting 5 points off 11th and I've supported Dundee long enough to know which is more likely to happen. Funny how a couple of wins changes your mindset though. Feeling quite positive about the Aberdeen game. Would take a draw right now and a loss isn't the end of the world but we really need to be winning the match against Motherwell though.

I wasn't a "Hartley out" guy, and I still think we should stick by him while he's learning his trade as a manager. But, I did question a lot of his tactical choices.

Getting a couple of wins against a United team running full speed ahead to the championship, and a calamitous Partick team is great, but the real test will be when we get back to playing teams whose defences don't shit a brick at the sight of their own shadows.

Stephen Hendrie, I think.

I'm actually pleased, if true. While I like Holt, he's not been consistent enough. Maybe with another capable LB who has a point to prove (impressing West Ham), he'll be driven to do better. If not, we'll have Hendrie to make the position his own.

Hendrie joined some English club a few days ago

Good gemme, Harkins had a worldy and we looked comfy all the way.

Slightly disappointed that my God Curse Dundee United flag wasn't allowed in, but was made up by the steward ushering me in the fire exit for free because of it. Flag might pay for itself at this rate!

Still need another DCM, but 4-4-1-1 is working, hopefully we can kick on further.

Can't believe teams still let Greg do the cut in leftie. Criminal defending by this point.

Shows how far we've come that we can have a player of his quality on the bench. The horror of John Baird, Carl Finnigan and Andy Barrowman are still fresh in my mind.

Did Andy Barrowman even play a game for us? We had some utter dross that season; painful memories, indeed.

Good turnout today from the travelling Dees. Lucky us who were there.

We were very good in the first half. Devastating finishing against a nervous defence. There wasn't a weak link in the team. Bain was able to deal with most things although two goals flatters the Jags. It's a delight to see Holt's improvement. Konrad and ODea were very solid. McGinn looked competent always looking for men to pass to and being difficult to get past. I thought for the second consecutive game Ross was more assertive and attack minded, which is welcome. Low was aggressive and skilful creating good space and linking well will Hemmings. Stewart scored a trademark stunner, and had a few good interplays in tight spaces that were pleasing on the eye. McGowan had a great game, was unlucky with a lob that was well saved as well as a rasping shot, which was a revelation, I didn't know that he could shoot. Hemmings was a tireless worker again belting home a penalty and having no luck with a fierce low drive off the inside of the post. And then Captain Jeebsie tormented Thistle. He scored a fantastic second goal curling it in, robbed the Thistle lad to get up ended in the box, passed a perfectly weighted pass on a sticky surface for Greg to bend into the goal, and passed the pall into the net when Cerny pretended to be a United keeper. Best he's played for ages.

Good day out to Firhill.

Did Andy Barrowman even play a game for us? We had some utter dross that season; painful memories, indeed.

I think he did play a couple of games. I remember him being there anyway. Whilst training consisted of whatever insanity John Brown could think of. Probably shit like running up the hilltown in a life jacket after eating three bridies. Winner had to down 5 cans of skol and the losers had to re-run it.

Shows how far we've come that we can have a player of his quality on the bench. The horror of John Baird, Carl Finnigan and Andy Barrowman are still fresh in my mind.

i liked Baird could have done so much better if he had the supply

i liked Baird could have done so much better if he had the supply

I'm not sure about that. He had a tendency to run towards the corner flags and look for a pass rather than in the box. At least that's the way I remember it. My only other memories involve him sitting on his arse screaming for a foul after being brushed off the ball.

I think Baird would have been excellent for us in the Championship.

That is his level though. Hopeless in the big league.

I find it amusing how the press rave about how good the championship is to try and make Rangers fans feel better. Falkirk have Mark Kerr and John Baird in their strongest XI FFS and they are fighting for the title...